Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
repeat events?

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 3:17 PM
snow
Are events like the current one ever repeated or is the only way to obtain missed crusaders by getting lucky enough to get and succeed in a mission for them?

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 4:14 PM
Andreas
So far, there are no plans about restarting any past events. But for now, with epic missions, you are able to unlock all past event crusaders over time after the event has finished.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 4:23 PM
Raymond
and if they do repeat, that first one will be the beginning of October

257 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 4:51 PM
snow
Thanks, i hope the missions are offered more than once, already bungled one... :o

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 6:07 PM
Azaryah
Don't know if they will; also don't know how many new players this mobile version has brought in. But i gotta think they would be repeated at least once - otherwise all those new players get a game with, what, 28 or 30 characters they can't collect in a year's time and couldn't fully gear up for many many years - - - which i gotta think would be pretty off-putting on the new player reqruitment front once it became known.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 6:38 PM
Raymond
not to be slightly contrarian here , but aren't event crusaders not available on mobile version unless they are already in your actual in use formation?

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 7:05 PM
Azaryah
No idea - don't even have a mobile phone.

Was wondering though, since i have no experience with any other codename games, do they have others at all like this in that they are constantly introducing new player-characters? If that is their m.o. - to just continually add new characters so as to constantly encourage changes of strategy - then maybe they won't repeat events. Maybe their strategy will be in hoping that being snowed under by continual new characters will distract those of us who like to have full collections.

I know a lot of people will like that. How many years would this go on? How many characters can the game support?

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2016 at 11:51 PM
Andreas
or maybe CNE hopes that players realize that there should be an incentive for players who started earlier than others or who are patient to work for getting old stuff for a long period of time.

The game works fine with just the initial set of crusaders as far as I can see. I can see that having everything the game ever provided might be nice, but actually, I am against repeating old events. From my point of view, this won't make any sense for players who played those events before. We do have the possibility to unlock those crusaders for those players who want all those faces in the game. We even have the possiblity to gear those crusaders up, even though we all know how difficult and time consuming that is. But, making any of this any easier or running those events again, reduces the importance and significance of the event itself.

And CotLI isn't the only game which behaves that way. There are tons of games out there, where newer or more casual players know that they will never be able to get the special gear for their hero or the full set of bonus decoration tiles for their farm or whatnot.

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2016 at 2:12 AM
Last Edited July 21st 2016 at 2:12 AM
zaqqaz
Lol, maybe...

CNE wants money. Last events cant give money. So no last events.

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2016 at 2:48 PM
Bluji
"So far, there are no plans about restarting any past events."

To be exact, Erika has stated in the AMAs that it has not been discussed yet thoroughly. So there could be plans, but we're just not aware of it yet.

We'll find out eventually.