Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New Content! Idols Through Time Campaign

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2016 at 11:19 AM
Erika/Alyniana

Our dauntless Crusaders are tasked with hunting down rogue robots that are wreaking havoc on their friend Doctor Finklebottom's laboratory. It's a desperate race to save Finklebottom's breakthrough experiments that concern matters of quantum physics and black holes that enable him to invent time travel.

The Idols Through Time campaign comes with 6 all-new challenging objectives for you to conquer!

Plus, this weekend we're buffing 5 Crusaders! The buff will run until Monday July 18th at Noon PDT.

Read more on the official blog.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2016 at 3:43 PM
Andreas
Fascinating new campaing! Trying it out, right now :)

One tiny remark on the description of Level 74: Shouldn't it read 'Win a Golden Man Statue' instead of 'Win an Golden Man Statue'? Also, since we need to collect more than one does that sentence actually make sense? I like Stefanie and would happily give her one of the ten statues.

Other than that, lovely graphics, once more :)

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2016 at 4:00 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Andreas: Thanks for the catch. I'll put that on the typo list.

Glad you're enjoying the graphics. The artists had fun putting the Ad Cap managers into our art style.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2016 at 6:17 AM
Erich
* First and foremost, thank you for the new content! This is pretty cool. I especially like how there's an objective that's the opposite of Grimm's "Holiday Hoopla". I think that's a solid balance there.

* I've been enjoying this game for 157 days, as per my stats. "Forest Trump" is one of the few times I've laughed out loud playing CotLI. So cheers to that :) (PS, I think the other time was the VDay event where you were trying to make a love potion and ended up making a love portal. That was really cute, heh)

* Maybe I've advanced a lot as a player, but I felt this was easier than RP2. I haven't unlocked the RP2 Freeplay yet, but I was able to unlock the ITT Freeplay in about 4 hours. I guess having a slot where Larry can be surrounded by 6 Crusaders really helps.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2016 at 7:30 AM
Last Edited July 16th 2016 at 10:22 AM
Andreas
Maybe another typo? Level 85 it says 'compition', but I woul expect a "competition" there.

"Forest Trump"? Damn I missed that until now, where can he be found? [edit] Got him, Level 75 Boss looks like a certain republican candidate for presidency in spe.

The whole 20th century area between lvl 70 and 75 is great. Jim Thortons? Can people outside Canada actually get that joke?

What I really liked is the second objective. Wheeping A ... I mean, sobbing cherubs and the title make a great reference to Dr. Who. And this fits very nicely into the time travel theme.

Erich, I agree with unlocking the Freeplay, this seemed not too hard for me, too. But looking at the other objectives, I currently have a lot of respect for them and - without having played them all - it seems as if they are more difficult.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2016 at 1:26 PM
ihatethisfing
i think rp2 might've been harder too but i know that between its release and this one, i have gotten a LOT more idols. so it is hard to say.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2016 at 2:56 PM
ihatethisfing
area 72: "You've build some capital", shouldnt build be "built"?

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2016 at 8:09 PM
Azaryah
I am also loving the Only Original Crusaders objective. Wouldn't mind seeing a OOC objective show up on the other campaigns as well...

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2016 at 5:00 AM
Erich
@Andreas: "Jim Thortons? Can people outside Canada actually get that joke?"

There are a few Tim Hortons in NYC (my home), so I think it's possible ;)

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2016 at 6:03 AM
Azaryah
We've a couple in Kalamazoo (MI).

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2016 at 4:05 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Erich: You're welcome.

The artist really enjoyed drawing Forest Trump.

It is harder than RP2, but it is a different formation, so it could be a little easier, especially if you've gone up in Idols since doing RP2.

@ Andreas: Thank you for the catch. I'll put it on the typo list.

There are some Tim Hortons in the US. I know I've seen commercials for them. Though that would be more a question for Hyper Hippo, who we're borrowing him from.

@ ihatethisfing: Thank you for the catch. I'll put it in the typo list.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2016 at 4:25 PM
Raymond
I know of Tim Hortons in Maine, but that's almost Canada