| Page 1 2
CNE pricing strategy

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 5:26 AM
wauzie
1. I really enjoy Cotli
2. I accept the fact that you need to earn money
3. I paid a decent amount for this game

but i'm really concerned about turning this game into a cash cow. I really get the impression that if you will you keep on moving the path of monetarizing the game you will ruin it.

I'm not here for creating a discussion about p2w or stuff like that. I'm just here to express my concern that you might destroy an enjoyable game, if you move on.

best regards

wauzie

526 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 8:34 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Its gona cause a discussion regardless the game wont be p2w you have jsut as great odds of progressing thru the game as without spending a c or spending 100s of dollars. Its a personal choice now if lvls started costing rubies and you could only buy rubbies that would be a different, case like in shards of titans which didnt go over well. Next time mite be bettter off opening a ticket and voicing ur concerns.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 9:56 AM
Teschio
The game is perfectly enjoyable without having to spend money on it. There is absolutely no feature of the game that is exclusive to paying players, so I really can't understand what you are basing your concerns on...

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 10:37 AM
Andreas
I second Teschio's post.

With the introduction of "starter packs", I get the impression, CNE is adding more possibilities for players to spend money. Especially for inexperienced ones this might seem confusing in the beginning.

But even with the new update, I still think, the game is not forcing anything. I still think that even new players do not get the impression the game is not playable without spending money.

Let's not forget, this is an idle game mostly - even with the short-timed-missions. And I would expect players to either know or figure out what it means. Waiting, being patient, idling for long and longer periods of time to move forward. If you are impatient, well, there are opportunities alright but that is totally fine by me.

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 11:23 AM
Last Edited July 5th 2016 at 1:20 PM
zaqqaz
Lol 10$ pack contains 1 GE and 5 JS, and they tell us it is fair price.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 11:44 AM
Teschio
Evidently Zaqqaz can't read (but we already established that in other posts): I never said it's a fair price, I said it's NOT MANDATORY to buy it. If you don't want to spend money, you can avoid buying it, and this would change NOTHING in the way you enjoy the game. There is nothing in this game that REQUIRES you to spend money in order to access certain features. And with no competitive component, the game is basically F2P. The only (and I mean ONLY) reason to spend money on this game is if you want to support the devs (which I personally think you should, since this game is awesome).

Btw, there is no such thing as a "fair price". Price is dictated by the market, if people buy that bundle then its price is fine, if they don't then it's too high. Simple as that.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2016 at 9:48 PM
wauzie
I have no problem with supporting the devs.

I decided to voice my concern here so some people might read it too.

And yes you're right. You can play and enjoy the game without spending money.
All i'm saying is that i'm concerned about the monetarization strategy and i really hope Codename stops at the point where it is at the moment and doesn't thinks about more "forcing ways" to earn their money.

I personally think the 3$ deal was a "fair price". And i liked to pay that to support the devs. I'm not willing to pay more for a "crappy flash game" (^^).

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 6th 2016 at 3:28 AM
zaqqaz
>> Btw, there is no such thing as a "fair price".

If you dont understood -
on shop 10$ - GE + 5 JS
Starter pack - 20$ =GE + 5JS.

It is deception.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 12:35 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 12:41 PM
Erich
1. I agree with Teschio.

2. I was about to come here and post a new thread saying there's a little bit more extra content for cash than usual lately, due to the starter packs, but I wasn't going to post it as a complaint and more of an observation.

3. I still bought all of them, and I refuse to complain because I want to support the game and I'm in a financial position where I can splurge for a few extra golden epics. With that said:

4. I'm at a comfortable level spending $13 a month on the game, for the new monthly golden epic and 7 jeweled event chests with the event crusader's golden epic. This month I spent $63. I'm willing to do that once in a while, but I hope the game can spread these out over a little more time.

5. This is a repeat of what i said in #3, but I want to reiterate it: I AM NOT COMPLAINING. If I choose not to buy anything, my gameplay wouldn't change, and I'd still be in a pretty solid position. Everything I've done is 100% of my own volition to support the game, and the game does not force me to purchase anything if I don't want to. This is just so no one misconstrues what I'm saying.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 12:37 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 12:38 PM
Erich
@ zaqqaz:

They said the starter was $20, but it was a sale because it was valued at more than that. It was EXPLICIT. It was f'in RIGHT THERE IN THE DESCRIPTION. That's not deception, that's lack of reading comprehension.

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 2:33 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 2:34 PM
zaqqaz
Erich if you idoit - dont say about.

> They said the starter was $20,
cost of this pack is 10
Salemanger deliberately increased the price by 2.5 times, and then reduced to 50%
it is cheating.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 4:18 PM
Raymond
20 dollar value only costing 10 dollar. don't you understand marketing?

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 4:38 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 4:39 PM
zaqqaz
> don't you understand marketing?

Is it black marketing = cheating.

And they lie about cost of starter pack.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 4:42 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 4:58 PM
Erich
@ zaqqaz:

I'm going to say this once, and only once, and then I'm going to pretend you don't exist to make everyone here happy: you sound like someone who had a shiv stab out part of your frontal lobe and would now be considered "differently abled".

I'm sorry, I'll try and make it a little easier for you to read this because there might be complicated words for you:

You. Are. Not. Smart. So. Shut. Up. Good. Bye.

Edit: just for people that want to laugh at this person, he literally posted the words "Erich if you idoit". AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

Just in case he edits the post: http://imgur.com/WrHJm94

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 6:50 PM
Teschio
Guys, stop discussing with Zaqqaz as if he were a reasonable person! He is quite clearly a troll, and this is clear form his tendency to insult people (including the devs). The best course of action with people that have such an empty life that they need to feed off the rage of other people on the internet is to ignore them completely.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 7:01 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 7:01 PM
Erich
Thank you Teschio. Also, I truly apologize for comparing zaqqaz to someone that is differently abled, and I'm sorry because that's offensive to anyone that is truly differently abled.
Post by zaqqaz deleted July 11th 2016 at 1:05 PM

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 8:01 PM
Erich
Goodby zaqqaz. No one will miss you, but it was still a pleasure to see the depth of your failure :)

In case you don't understand the big words, you should look up "the". It will help!

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 8:03 PM
zaqqaz
bye, idiot.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2016 at 8:25 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2016 at 8:25 PM
Erich
Everyone should applaud zaqqaz for being able to spell "idiot" this time. It's so cute watching people grow