Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
2nd Round of Crusaders of the Lost Idols Player Council Applications

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 10th 2016 at 10:26 AM
Last Edited June 10th 2016 at 10:36 AM
Erika/Alyniana

Hi Everyone!

We're recruiting some new members to our player council!

For all the details, check out the blog!

Good luck!

Applications are open until Friday June 17th at Noon PDT.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2016 at 11:30 AM
Andreas
In the blog post you asked to use this forum for any questions or feedback, right? Well, here we go then:

It has been a few hours since I came across the post above and read through the linked blog post. Ever since I am wondering what to make of it, what to do or to simply disregard any further thoughts about it.

Why you might ask, Why this post then? Well, because of a few reasons. First of all, I have a few questions:

How many people are on this council on the players' side? You write, the interaction between the council and the team of CNE happens during the four skype meetings and during email and forum posts. Since you already have a council, what is usually going on during those skype meetings? What's an ordinary agenda like? What kind of questions do you ask in your emails? What is the timeframe you guys expect feedback in, when you present new ideas or features to the council? Is there any process in place, how an ordinary player can get involved with the council? You write of criteria you are selecting the members of the council by. Can you elaborate, which criteria those are?

This might sound ridiculously serious, but from my point of view, this is quite a serious opportunity and a big chance to get involved. Which I like to do and which I have done before for other things like games/forums/pages and real life. I have not spend anything but time for this game so far, so this would be an opportunity to give something valuable back (even though, some investors would like hard money more, I guess). But I would love to read more about what it is you are seeking and what it means for those interested. Does it mean, we get to test new features/events before they appear? Does it mean, we can offer our hand drawing mock ups for a new UI? Or does it mean, we get to respond to emails coming in at your eod with the expectation of an answer within four hours when the morning shift comes in?

Again, I think this is awesome and I think, offering this opportunity aside from your user support/engaging activities in this forum or others looks like you mean it :)

Cheers!
Andreas

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2016 at 11:42 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Andreas: Thank you for your questions. :)

1) We chose 17 for the council last year, but that was a bit many. Only 12 of them stayed through until Christmas and we currently have about 8 active. We are looking to add about 5-7 new people, depending on the applications we receive.

2) For the Skype meeting, we send out the agenda with at least a couple days for you to prepare your feedback on the topics. Then during the call, you get to hear the designers ideas for upcoming pieces of the game, and chime in with your prepared feedback, which is helpful since while we try to play the game in the office, we don't attain the level of some of the players who are very efficient at Idol farming, and so we can get perspective on how helpful the new feature will be.

3) The emails and forum are more for the council to bounce ideas among each other, but you get the knowledge that we are reading your ideas and we may chime in with a why/why not or "that's awesome." s

4) If we have something that requires feedback from the council in an email chain, we try to give you at least the weekend, if not up to a week to get your thoughts in, allowing that players have lives too and can't get back to us in a moment's notice.

5) The process is: I post the blog when applications are open, you, the player, email in to the email address listed at the bottom of the blog by the deadline, with the required questions answered. We look at your account info and your responses and compare them to the other players who applied.

6) Some of the ideas from players currently on the council have made it into the game, like some of the objectives, and they have definitely helped with clarifying Crusader abilities. And as I said before, it's a chance for us at Codename to run our ideas past dedicated players and see what their knee-jerk response is to a new feature, so we can tweak if necessary.

Hope that helps clarify a little,

Erika

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 13th 2016 at 1:05 PM
Andreas
Thanks so much for your time, Erika! :) Indeed, your answers help a lot!

Now, I still don't know whether I will send in some lines, or not, but this is purely because of my few brain cells that still need a bit of time processing all this.

So, good luck, everyone who applies for this nice opportunity and good luck to you, Erika and the team to pick the best choice. I know how difficult that can be :-D