Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Important mission question.

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 2:03 PM
Thanatos Hades
Correct me if I am wrong.
It's been said that most if not all events will be recurring so that you can get missed crusaders.

Now that missions are you and you can get them through missions. If you get them from missions you lose out of all the event bonuses on dps. So would it not be better to just NOT do the missions for them and wait for the events to roll around.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 2:29 PM
Teschio
It's been said BY USERS. As far as I know, CNE has not confirmed this. We simply do not know wether this is tue or not. I would strongly suggest to get them as soon as you can through mission, especially since the bonus they give is asboslutely neglegible (1% DPS if you unlock them during the event, but this is NOT +1% DPS, achievement bonuses get summed before being applied, it's closer to 0.01%, completely irrelevant)

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 2:35 PM
Thanatos Hades
"It's been said BY USERS. As far as I know, CNE has not confirmed this."
witch is precisely why I am asking.

and that little bit of dmg is a big deal.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 3:48 PM
TsukasaWM
Given the number of times we've asked them, and the number of times they haven't confirmed it one way or another I honestly don't think they will one way or another until we finally hit a repeat event. It doesn't really hurt anything to get it out of the way now, plus it could be useful for missions that need event crusaders, and I think there's at least one objective that only allows them as well.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 4:15 PM
Teschio
Seriously, 0.01% more damage is "a big deal"? Every time I complete an event achievement I notice no change whatsoever in my DPS... while event crusaders, in many cases, improve DPS dramatically. Get them, every single time.

In the end, you asked for advice, and I gave it to you. You can ignore it, of course, but it would be unwise to do it...

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 5:26 AM
Thanatos Hades
I should also point out that I can make the exact same argument in reverse. If that 1% is soooooooo small then why not just give it to us from the missions anyway.
It wasn't my intent to ask for advice actually My intent was to get a solid answer as to weather or not events ( even if only some ) will be revisited.
In the end it doesn't matter there is zero reason to get them from a mission IF you can get them later from a repeat event. Can they help you push farther... yea maybe they are better is that going to get me ANYTHING especially epic or unique that I can't just get in time or patience without getting them... nope. I am thankful that we have the missions and all but I would rather know for sure instead of getting one from a mission then finding out I could have waited. I know most people aren't going to care ether way but I do.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 5:40 AM
TsukasaWM
Like I said, they haven't confirmed it one way or the other. Until a repeat event comes up there's probably no way anyone is going to be able to answer that.

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 6:51 AM
Last Edited June 3rd 2016 at 6:52 AM
Thanatos Hades
@TsukasaWM It's my understanding the game is around two years old. I just started this year. Has NO one been around long enough to know if any events have come around more than once. MOST games have seasonal events at the very least.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 6:55 AM
Raymond
yes. events will repeat. yes you CAN wait till they repeat till you get crusaders. But ARE you willing to wait a whole year minus 2 weeks to get Lerion? I absolutely don't understand why you don't want to get everyone that you can as soon as you can. p.s. every crusader you have allows more crusaders to be used in missions, and more of them can be crusaders that you are not actually using as opposed to locking up crusaders that you are actually using right now.
but play however you want.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 7:12 AM
TsukasaWM
"@TsukasaWM It's my understanding the game is around two years old. I just started this year. Has NO one been around long enough to know if any events have come around more than once. MOST games have seasonal events at the very least."

You must of have gotten that mixed up with something else. The game won't be hitting 1 year until next month iirc. The first event didn't start until Halloween so we'd still have a handful of months before a repeat since they usually do once event per month and try not to repeat them more then once per year.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 7:23 AM
Last Edited June 3rd 2016 at 7:25 AM
Teschio
@ Thanatos:

The game has not been around for 2 years. I started almost as soon as it came out on Armorgames, and that (according to my stat page) was 288 days ago. We have not reached one year yet, so there is no way to know if events will repeat. In recent AMAs Erika has been asked to confirm wether they would be, and she did not (she didn't deny it either, though).

That said, if you think 1% is a big deal (remember, it's 1% ADDED to the total bonus given by achievement, so it's closer to +0.01% total DPS), you are welcome to wait. Just don't complain if the devs decide to NOT repeat events (and I suspect they will choose that way), and you end up not having event crusaders: it was completely your decision.

Also, the "if 1% is so small, then why don't they give it to us" argument is completely invalid: it may be on purpose (to reward people that played in the events), or it may be related to coding (incomplete event achievements disappearing after the event ends to avoid overinflating the achievement page). Inferring anything from this without an explicit statement from the devs is a logical fallacy.

@ Raymond:

Are you sure they will repeat? I have found no official statement regarding this... it's a rumor that has been around since right after the first event, but CNE, as far as I know, has been very tight with information, and it was never confirmed... honestly, now that we have a way to access older crusaders, I suspect they will NOT be repeated: they will continue to add event crusaders to increase the possible combinations and add variety to the game.

@Tsukasa:

The Halloween event wasn't the first one, it was the second iirc. The first one was Carnival, which gave Monkey and Pete. But yes, it will be a few months before we can see if an event gets repeated.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 8:14 AM
Raymond
Erika has commented on it many times.

p.s. the first event was the carnival event and that was the one to recruit pete and monkey. that was sometime in August last year perhaps under one month into the game which is just about 315 and a half days old.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 8:43 AM
Teschio
The only info I could find are:

- "We are still considering our options when it comes to the past events." (weekly AMA 8, as an answer to "I assume you can still gain gear through repeats of the events?")
- "We are still considering our options when it comes to re-running events, but for now, the missions make it possible to gear up the event Crusaders, however slowly." (weekly AMA 8)

As far as I know, the re-run of past event is pure speculation...

50 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 9:03 AM
Thanatos Hades
Thank you for the info as to how long the game and events have been available. As posted earlier I heard that it was like 2 years old and did not know for sure. It does make me feel better knowing I did not miss out on as much stuff as I thought. It will be good to see what comes when the time comes.

Shout out to 1 year anniversary event.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 11:56 AM
Raymond
part of the weekly chat:
[–]CNE_ErikaCommunity Manager[S] 1 point 3 days ago

We are still considering all our options when it comes to the past Events.

The Mission system is one way to address players who have missed events and who want the Crusaders now.

they are being cryptic. but missions is only one way to get past event crusaders. the other is, and has been said in chat many time, perhaps never in pernmanent form of th eforums or game blog or game wall, has to be events repeating on their anniversary of the last time that event happened.

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2016 at 9:53 AM
Ariel Wilson
Honestly since they just came out with the mission option for event crusaders, I agree with what has been said above: event won't repeat. For CNE's other games, they do events every year for holidays, but each yearly event is different. So my guess is they will switch up the event crusaders each time. We won't know for sure until August at least, though.