Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Bug: Number of chest not showing correctly

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 8:33 AM
Mentist
Hi dev,

After I have accumulated 10000+ chests, the number of chests in the chest altar screen becomes 1001 instead. Would you please take a look?

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 8:39 AM
Matt Silva
Thats quite the accomplishment... I have only opened 16k silver chests in 290 days

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:37 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Mentist,

Thank you for the report.

It's on our to-do list, but a low priority.

Erika

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2016 at 10:33 AM
SuchSoft
same problem:

Hi, I have 10k+ chests but it displays "1001".
http://tinypic.com/r/1zmzedy/9
http://tinypic.com/r/ighyys/9

Thanks.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2016 at 11:50 AM
Last Edited June 18th 2016 at 11:54 AM
Teschio
@ Suchsoft:

Mmmh, this is really, really weird: I started playing about 10 days after the release, I have always been very active, but I only have 242K idols. You, on the other hand, have 316K. Plus you have a lot of chests. And I mean A LOT. Including a bunch of jeweled chests (both normal and event ones), that you don't open for some reason (and let's be clear: there is absolutely NO reason why you shouldn't open jeweled chest as soon as you get them). Oh, and despite the fact that you have all those unopened jeweled chest, you somehow have a very high number of epic trinkets (and a low number of common, uncommon or rare ones)... either you consistently defy RNGs, or there's something else going on.
Also, you don't use Roboturkey, the strongest non-situational buffer in the game, or other extremely powerful buffers like Pam or Robosanta, which makes me think you haven't been playing that long and don't have access to those crusaders.
We can also add the fact that, according to the picture you posted, you are using Werewolf as your main DPSer, but you put him NEXT TO both Khouri and Larry, both of which block his formation skill: an experienced player should know this, and this gives the feeling you don't have a lot of experience with this game.
You know, given all these things, one may think that you started playing less than a week ago, hacked the game, and now complain about an issue that exists only for hackers like you...

Honestly, I don't understand why CNE tolerates this kind of behaviour, even fixing accounts that get messed up by hacking THREE TIMES. I know this game has no competitive component and never will have one, but cases of blatant hacking should make them delete an account, imho.

PS: if I am mistaken about you, I apologize... but I have the feeling I am not.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2016 at 2:31 PM
Andreas
I have Pam, the Turkey and Santa, but don't use them at all because of their bad gear. When I got them, I didn't spend time getting any gear for event crusaders.

But I'm with you on the curiosity part. The werewolf is in there, because despite the reduction he still seems to be the best option for DPS as it seems. Wow, I'm really curious what your motivation still might be, SuchSoft.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2016 at 10:49 PM
SuchSoft
Hi Teschio, what is hacking game? If you mean that I changed bytes in memory for cheat that game that you dont have truth. :-)
I tried it on test account, I successfully hacked, but it's boring and unfair. ;)

I don't have many time, I must reconfigure formation. Emo W is only temporary solution. Now, when I easily reach level 5000 of Crusader, Im thinking about new formation...

(sorry for not good English)

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2016 at 11:37 PM
Teschio
"I don't have many (much) time". Therefore it's quite unlikely you got all those chests, and all those idols. Especially since very active players that started playing 300 days ago don't have that many. So yes, I think you hacked the game. And you're right, it is boring this way, but some people have such low self-esteem that they feel the need to "win" even in games that have no winners...

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2016 at 2:54 AM
Andreas
Teschio, I wouldn't bother any further. From my point of view, supported by 10 minutes of research, it is clear that this was achieved by hacking and quite obvious what exactly was changed. And furthermore, SuchSoft has basically admitted to do this.

But you wrote it yourself. Some people have to win, even though there are no winners. So, go ahead, I say to the cheaters out there, have your short term satisfaction in "beating" the game, while I am struggling and enjoying every bit of it.

However, I am with you on the three strikes front. Maybe this is a Canada-thing, or maybe, hard resetting user accounts would lower the chances to maybe get some money out of these players. But I have the feeling, this actually motivates to try cheating rather than to make sure, it is dangerous to do so.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2016 at 3:10 PM
Teschio
When a player can add as many chests as he wants, including jeweled and event ones, there is no need to spend money, and no incentive to do so. Therefore, I highly doubt CNE gets money from those player. I guess it's just a Canadian thing.... those guys are just too polite. As you said, I believe this attitude encourages cheating, and therefore is counterproductive.