Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Lack of Female Crusaders.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 1:27 PM
Last Edited May 26th 2016 at 9:34 AM
Tygari
There are only 6 women Crusaders.
I am not counting any animals cause that's a cheat.
where as there is over 20 men crusaders.
Again not counting animals.
*These numbers are a little off as I have only been playing since February and don't have all event crusaders.*
This is a severe disparagy of the sexes.

With the current royal event 2 more males are added that focus on making use of the royal crusaders making 6 royal crusaders.
Of which only 1 is female.
One of the new two crusaders should have been female.

I am sure there are plenty of female players like myself who like to see a more fair amount of female crusaders.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 2:44 PM
Teschio
Wow, "severe sexism"... yes, this is really unforgivable. How dare CNE do this? We should all stop playing any game that doens't conform to what the PC police deems appropriate. Oh, such a better world it would be!

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 3:04 PM
BoldarBlood
They went from 4 females out of 20 crusaders initially to 11 out of 44 nowadays (not counting animals), so I believe they're trying to improve on this matter. But it will take time to even the score, and they can't just introduce female crusaders for the sake of it. They're designing crusaders along with the events, so if the story they want to tell calls for 2 male crusaders, they should (and they have) roll with it.

PS : Teschio, I agree that the title of the thread may have been a bit extreme, but can't you just discuss this politely instead of going for mean sarcasm ?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 3:19 PM
Teschio
Honestly, no, I can't. I really can't stand people that get outraged for meaningless stuff. American women getting 73 cents on a dollar for the same job males do, this is something that should cause outrage. The "sex" of a bunch of pixels in a game should not. There are a lot of things in this world that are real issues, without creating issues in things that do not matter one bit.

PS: I also have a very low tolerance for polically correctness, and I think is SHOULD be treated with sarcasm.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:20 PM
Tygari
Boldar That is nice information to know. Thank you for sharing it.
Don't feed the misogynistic troll. Voices like its will always pop up to suppress others.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:35 PM
chyatt6385
I don't understand why Broot is considered a female. First as a human, now as a female. smh

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:38 PM
Tygari
Chyatt No clue, but i didn't count broot in my numbers. I considered broot like the animals.
I did count soldierette but it near impossible to tell she a girl.
Still i gave merit on it is a woman in a metal suit.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:45 PM
chyatt6385
Gold panda appears to be female as well.

You ARE playing "The Song of Thrones" aren't you? The opening mission shows who are female and who aren't, because little heart bubbles come up from them due to Leerion's debuff effect on the female crusaders.

I've never understood why Jason, Master of Shadows and Khouri, the Witch Doctor are considered "human" since neither of them look human to me. At least they got Broot straightened out with the recent update.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:50 PM
Tygari
Chyatt i have Sally Succubus. One of her special abilities is to give all females +20% dps. She points arrows to all female crusaders. I user her ability to find out if an unknown is female or not.
Griffon, Panda, and Phoenix are female. but I didn't count them cause their not humanoid.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:56 PM
chyatt6385
Well, you can not count Broot too, I guess.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 9:04 PM
Raymond
too many humans

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2016 at 2:55 AM
Last Edited May 24th 2016 at 3:01 AM
Teschio
Tygari, I am not a troll, and I am not a misogynist. I EXPLICITLY said that there are real issues with equality that have to be addressed, and on those I definitely am on you side. What I really don't understand is how, with all those REAL issues, you are getting outraged because in a VIDEOGAME there is no sex equality. Don't you think this is ridiculous? I do... Save your anger for the IMPORTANT issues, because there are a lot of those, instead of wasting it on trivial ones. To paraphrase Bill Maher, "it's like compulsively cleaning a little corner of a room, that is already quite clean, while there a giant piles of s**t lying everywhere else".

PS: it's an old tactic, attacking a person instead of what he (or she, since we are talking about sex equality) says. It's called ad hominem. People can disagree with you without being trolls or misogynists, you know?

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 2:00 PM
Carlene Paquette
I'm Canadian. The latest government started out by making 50% of the Cabinet Ministers women. (And no, 50% of the elected officials are not women.) We need to lead by example. I do believe that the original poster is correct that it would be nice if CNE would add more women characters to the game. Personally I was disappointed that the Song of Thrones campaign did not add a strong woman. (Mother of Dragons!) Am I outraged? No. Disappointed? Yes. Of course the only way to make a change is to ask for it. So please CNE, have a look at this and try to balance things out. Thanks!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 4:04 PM
Teschio
Carlene, I am extremely glad half of the Canadian Cabinet Ministers are women. Because politics is something IMPORTANT, and we SHOULD have complete parity in important things (take equal pay for women, for example...). But in a VIDEOGAME, don't you think it's a little bit ridiculous complaining (or even just being slightly disappointed) because a bunch of pixels isn't female? Come on, let's be serious... the OP position seems more about ultra-feminism (which I personally find hard to tolerate) than it is about equality for women (of which I am a strong supporter).

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 4:18 PM
Carlene Paquette
Equality starts at the bottom by setting a good example. That means language, TV characters, fiction and even video games. Making half the characters female in a video will not solve gender inequality all by itself. But it is a step in the right direction. This further extends in video games (and Hollywood) supporting a range of female body types, not just slim large breasted faux women.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 4:50 PM
Tygari
Carlene makes a great post.
It reminds me when i was a child on the NES and every game only had male heros.
I enjoyed playing the games but it wasn't till Metroid and Samus that I was able to look up to a a hero. I know she was just a sprite in a game and nothing to current graphics and had to be snuck in past the american male dominance in games but to many girls she was a a hero.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 5:12 PM
Last Edited May 25th 2016 at 5:18 PM
Teschio
I honestly don't think that a single person, seeing a videogame in which half the characters are women, would think "wow, this is a step forward for equality". The vast majority of people, including women and men that support equality, wouldn't even NOTICE it. The ONLY people that would take notice, and think it's important, are radical feminists, that I personally can't stand because they don't realize their attitude does more harm than good to the debate over equality. If this game objectified women in some way, then this would be wrong, but since it doesn't, I really don't see a problem...

EDIT: the phrase "american male dominance" (in VIDEOGAMES, let's remember this) makes pretty clear the kind of person you are, Tygari: one that views men as the enemy, instead of demanding equal treatment (which I would strongly support). Sorry, there can be no discussion with fanatics. I am certain you will think that I am a chauvinistic male for saying this (and you would be wrong), but that doesn't make me wrong... I only hope you realize the damage this attitude does to feminism.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 5:19 PM
Last Edited May 25th 2016 at 5:24 PM
Tygari
Teschio That is cause your a misogynistic who only cares about extremes.
For most others even small steps are still steps.
For new children coming up this could be a game for growth and a step to look strong into the future.
A true extreme feminist would demand the removal of all male characters and only allow female characters.
Your poor arguments are similar to that of many leaders who have pushed for the crushing of minorities by constantly claiming any push isn't enough.
Teschio your closer to famed extremists like Stalin and Hitler than a real supporter of anyone gaining any progress.
Fortunately extremists like you are the minority.
Even in this thread you are completely outnumbered.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 5:43 PM
Teschio
As I predicted, you think I am a misogynistic extremist (you even compared me to Stalin and Hitler... wow!). And you don't even realize the only extremist here is you. I said (multiple times) that I FULLY SUPPORT equality. Do you want to talk about equal pay for women? I'd totally agree with you! (unless you said, like some ultra-feminists do, that women should be paid MORE than men, to repay them of centuries of oppression. This I cannot agree with). But instead of admitting that equality in a VIDEOGAME is a ridiculos thing, your fanaticism makes you believe you are the victim, and everyone that doens't agree with you on EVERYTHING is an oppressor (even if he or she DOES agree on the important things!).

You know, this is EXACTLY what I mean when I say your attitude does a lot of damage to the cause of equality: even someone like me that (let's remember this) SUPPORTS this cause, whenever has to hear someone like you talk has the strong urge to change his mind... it's an urge I fight, but it's there, and YOU put it there, by being a fanatic. I don't know about you, but even things that you know are right, when supported by unpleasant people in an unpleasant way, have a tendency to look wrong... if you REALLY want to fight for equality, alienating those that would agree with you isn't the best course of action.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2016 at 5:55 PM
Tygari
Teschio that you keep trying to take this thread off topic to get it closed only continues to prove how much of a troll you are.
This thread has nothing to do with pay, or prejudice, or any other path you try to take it on to troll it into oblivion.
This thread is about equal numbers of male and female crusaders.
I don't care who try to to make into an aggressor or a victim.
It has nothing to do with this thread or the original post.
Your a misogynistic troll extremest determined to derail and destroy anything you don't like.
Your grand political agenda has no place in this thread about equal numbers of male crusaders vs female crusaders who aren't degenerated into animals and beasts.