Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Event! A Song of Thrones

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2016 at 3:28 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Help Queen Siri defend her throne of pillows!

Read more about it on the blog!

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2016 at 4:54 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2016 at 4:55 PM
Roku
Thank you for the update! Also, thank you much for "Added an option to skip the animation when a chest drops"!

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2016 at 4:56 PM
Erika/Alyniana
You're welcome Roku. :)

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2016 at 4:58 PM
Raymond
I still wish you used engineering notation, groups of 1,000 instead of simply scientific notation, groups of 10.

i.e.
1.00e72 - 9.99e72/1.00e73 - 9.99e73/1.00e74 - 9.99e74
should be ideally 1.00e72 - 999.0e74 (extra .0 for effect only)
not decades, but thousands like in the letter ranges

but you are on the right track.
thanks

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2016 at 1:28 AM
Andreas
Am with Roku here. This option is awesome! Not just for the timed events, but for overall gameplay! It makes a lot more fun now!

I'm not sure I can get to the 200% Gold bonus as asked, but I hope, there is some equipment during this event, that might help along :-)

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2016 at 10:14 AM
OG.Bryhannah
Agreed - I didn't think I hated the chest animation, but after I toggled it off, it made me very happy!

I'm currently struggling with the 200% Golden Touch achievement as well. I have all the Royals for 15% (Queen Siri, Thalia Thunder King, Prince Sal, Princess, and Brogon Prince of Dragons; can't use King Reg since he swaps with Siri), and of course the Leerion Royal Dwarf since it's his achievement.

All other slots are filled with females, and I'm only up to 190%! I've tried swapping out different females. I didn't even realize Brogon was royal until I replace him with a female & it dropped to 185%. It's driving me nuts. If I had another slot I could slide Sally into I'd be set, but there isn't. Still moving people around - maybe there's a formation thing I missed, lol.

134 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2016 at 10:29 AM
thedude
The event formation has 13 positions, so you are going to max out at 190%, however, Ready Player Two has 14 positions. You should be able to get an extra 10% out of that. The achievement does not say it requires it to be in the event formation.

Also, Leerion has equipment that increases the effectiveness of his ability. If you wait until you get some of those, it will be much easier.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2016 at 10:50 AM
OG.Bryhannah
OK, thanks! And you're right, I totally missed that it didn't have to be in event formation. You've saved my game-stress levels for the day. :) Fortunately I've saved up warps so I can reset more for chests.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2016 at 12:58 AM
Raymond
bug with the skip chest drop animation, the 'chest' icon lower right no longer has a hovering word 'new chest' when you actually get any chests. I actually don't know if i am getting any chests cause I do not memorize the numbers i have to go to some screen in order to find out. kind of makes the feature of having this skip ability totally useless

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2016 at 1:14 AM
Andreas
totally useless? Not for me, to be honest. Actually, quite the opposite. I don't even consider it being a bug, because I use this ability to limit the annoyance of stars, blinking or hovering textareas and useless animations (annoyance in my opinion). If I am not sure, whether there was a new chest in the last 20 levels, well, I just click to check the number of my chests. And if you do not memorize the numbers of chests you have, how useful is it really to know, you have one more?

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd 2016 at 3:44 PM
Roku
I'm honestly really happy that the "New Chest" notice is turned off when I have chest animations off tbh. Having to click that off all the time was distracting.

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 8:47 AM
Last Edited May 23rd 2016 at 9:08 AM
Andreas
I have a question: What is the strategy to beat the mission with the white runners? A few seconds into a level there are six or seven coming at me and I am not sure at all, that the back and forth between the levels is the way it is supposed to be. If it is, well, this is not very complicated, but doing this for 250 levels while leveling up the crusaders doesn't make too much fun.

OK, I think I got it. The healing helps along and at least, the boss levels are free of the White Runners. At least for now.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 9:25 AM
Raymond
once you recruit 'tanking' crusaders and healing ones then it is easy I'm told, I have yet to do it

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 9:33 AM
OG.Bryhannah
Yeah, at first you're repeating the levels until you get all the items that you need. Once I got my full team, though, I could complete the level without all my dudes "dying" on me.

I was the same way at first; I was all "oh no, I can *not* do this for 250 levels", lol. Fortunately, as you found out, it does get easier. :)

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 11:26 AM
Andreas
thanks guys! Hopefully, the third jeweled chest is bringing me something else but the gold bonus for Leerion or the common dragon's dps buff for all crusaders. Opening two jeweled chests and a silver one and receiving only two different items is a personal record for me so far.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2016 at 3:14 PM
Financer
I found the solution for the Royal Taxes event quest :)

Since you can reach a maximum of 190% golden touch bonus with the event formation, I browsed the comments, I started a 'Ready Two Player' (as mentioned above) free play round.
You get gold pretty fast in here, so it's surely an ideal way to do the quest :)
Just unlock the crusaders and use the following ones in the 14 slot formation:
In order of apprearence :P < Pilot Pam > Sally > Sasha > Princess > Natalie > Drizzle > Brogon > Dark Gryphon > Sarah > Leerion > Prince Sal > Phoenix > Queen Siri > Thalia >
You only need to max out Leerion, no items needed for him to complete the quest. The order of the crusaders also doesn't matters in the formation.

GL&HF

859 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2016 at 1:18 PM
Last Edited May 24th 2016 at 1:19 PM
Andreas
Another question and since it occurs to me during this event for the first time, I thought it fits best in this thread.

Would it be possible to "remember" my choice for the crusader I last swapped with? I'll try to explain: Having both Momma Kaine and Brogon being able to swap with Khouri is the first time three crusaders are in one spot on the roster for me. Every time I want to check on Brogon and whether he might be able to really swap with Khouri I have to click once for him to come forward instead of Momma Kaine. If I do not chose him now, but want to look him up again, I have to repeat and click twice before seeing him (once for the swapping popup, the second time for him to come forward). I wonder whether it is possible to remember the choice, very much like the game remembers the crusader I last chose as being the active one.

Plus: There is still something wrong with the stars hinting new equipment or new enchantments for the crusaders after opening chests. Nothing too serious, but I know, I have seen and hovered over every update of every crusader and yet, there still is a star over the sword on the right side.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2016 at 1:25 PM
OG.Bryhannah
I have a formation slot that I sue for "random" formations. Like, if I want to see if one crusader is better than another, I'll save it first, and then swap; then I can just hit the button to swap it back. I don't want to request too many buttons showing, though, and that's one I wouldn't need a whole lot.

But I hear you on the stars, though. I'd love it if they'd go away themselves after a while so they'd stop annoying me, lol.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2016 at 2:35 PM
Raymond
Andreas, when you use a crusader, the game kind of remembers that and the next time after a reset your first choice for any crusader will the whoever you unlocked last time or time before...

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2016 at 2:39 PM
OG.Bryhannah
That absolutely does not help him when trying to switch crusaders in & out of formation, though. It's weird to even bring it up, it's so out of context.