Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
FAQ

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2016 at 9:54 AM
Asquall
As a fairly new player, I looked around and noticed there is no FAQ or at least some easily discoverable game mechanic guide in the forum/wikia.

It will be nice if there is some sort of clue of the game mechanic to develop our early strategy!

I think some of these questions will help on getting started:

1. How to get idols? (yep, that's my first question when I played this game and explored the shop section)

2. What's idol for, except to level up talents?

3. How to get rubies?

4. Should I save rubies/idols/chests, or should I spend them immediately?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2016 at 10:05 AM
Last Edited May 5th 2016 at 11:00 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Asquall,

Welcome to the game.

Most of your questions can be answered by hovering the Rubies and Idols icons on the Inventory tab, and through the in-game Guidebook. There is also the Tips page on the player-made wikia.

1) When you are just starting out, you get 1 idol for every 500 total Crusader levels when you "Reset the World" with Nate Dragon's "End of the World" ability. So for example, if you had 300 levels on Jim and 200 levels on Kaine, then that gets you 1 Idol.

When you reach them, we just introduced Talents to help boost your Idol gain, which reduces the levels needed for an Idol (Tier 2 Talent "Efficient Crusading") and can award bonus Idols depending on what area you reach (Tier 3 Talent "Deep Idol Scavenger".)

2) Idols give you 3% DPS and 1% Gold bonus for each Idol. The first few resets make a huge difference in the speed of the game, but because the Idol bonus is additive (2 Idols is 6%, no 9%), as you get more, you need more to see an increase.

Idols spent on unlocking Talents will still contribute to the bonus as well.

3) Rubies are awarded when you successfully complete an objective and reset with Nate's ability. As well, you will start earning daily quests after you've had the game at least day, which award varying amounts of Rubies when you complete them.

4) Starting out, spend them, since having gear for your Crusaders is helpful. You may want to save normal Silver chests until you are deeper into a run than say using them at area 2, since the gold in Silver chests is mostly dependent on your DPS.

Hope that helps,

Erika

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2016 at 10:21 AM
Raymond
when in the game you can click the guidebook to see a whole lot of things also you know.
as for how people play, that's ones personal choice, i.e. some people save ruby's for a long time, some use them immediately, some (most) save silver chests, many use jeweled chests immediately. some people reset as soon as they can which can be under a half hour, others go as far as they can for days on end..

26 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2016 at 3:08 AM
Asquall
Hmm... now I feel stupid for not opening that guidebook thingy :P
Anyway, I've seen that 'the crusader levels only counted for 20 crusaders in their seat', so does this mean that I do not need to swap crusaders around to get more levels?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2016 at 8:24 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Well, I did give a bit more information, but the basics are in the Guidebook.

Yes, you only need to swap Crusaders if you feel like trying everyone's skills for that run.