Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Offline Income; Bad for the Economy

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 12:45 PM
Haftetavenscrap
I was under the impression that while offline, you should be getting about the same amount of money as if you were grinding the last level for a while. I've noticed that, especially on higher levels, I'm getting SIGNIFICANTLY less money, maybe 1/10 or less than if I was actually grinding. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this WAD?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 12:53 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Haftetavenscrap,

Thank you for the report.

Offline gold is based on a mixture of highest area reached, highest area your current DPS can beat, Gold bonus, and some other factors.

If you are tanking and using a Crusaders skill for DPS to beat those high areas, then when you close the game, the DPS gained from monsters actively attacking your Crusaders would not be applied.

If you had RoboTurkey or Kyle as your DPS/DPS buff, their skills (Zap and Get Smashed) don't apply while offline.

Most players have an offline build they put on when they close the game.

Erika

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 12:55 PM
Haftetavenscrap
I tried having an offline build once, and it ruined everything because important crusaders didn't get XP anymore. Maybe I'll just leave my laptop on all night from now on. XD

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 1:14 PM
Amoon
XP on the Turkey means nothing.

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 1:17 PM
Haftetavenscrap
But XP on the Witch means everything, and her damage per enemy on screen doesn't work offline apparently. Therefore she's terrible offline, but if I don't leave her in formation, she gets no XP and is also useless online. So the cheesy solution is to stay online.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 2:55 PM
Azaryah
I would love to know more about the weight given to the variables for off-line gain. I generally make a build to favour max gold bonus. On freeplay (especially the ones with large numbers of crusaders, the alternate build that sacrifices gold bonus in favour of DPS doesn't usually do more than double my DPS (2.62e70 to 4.95e70 right now for instance): enough to push me past the next stall-point, but not really a game-changer (unless i'm just short of an objective).

So what's the better build to be off-line on? In the example i just gave, my gold bonus goes from 4.96M% down to 2.21M% (on other campaigns - with fewer crusader spots - it drops from over 8M% down into the K%)!

I realize the exponential nature of the thing means off-line gold becomes pointless after you've advanced another 10 or 15 areas ... or maybe i think that way because i've been choosing the wrong build to leave my guys off-line with?