Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Anybody else feel cheated by purchasing Larry's golden epic?

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2016 at 8:46 PM
Regnes
So Kaine is actually better than Larry with the new formation, assuming they both have golden epics of course. I've noticed since Larry's introduction, none of the new formations allow for him to be used at max potential. This feels intentional since every campaign prior allows for it. It feels especially intentional since they already fully admit they think he's overpowered (hence the crit chance nerf)

Dick move guys, dick move.

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2016 at 9:16 PM
Last Edited April 22nd 2016 at 9:16 PM
Mathematics Master
Well golden epics are free equips for purchasing chests, this is how I'd look at it so you don't feel cheated.

Do the maths.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2016 at 3:45 AM
Teschio
I disagree with your premise, which is that Kaine is better than Larry with the new formation. Yes, he gives a lot more gold, but in this formation you should use Larry in a position adjacent to only 3 other crusaders, in order to get his big DPS boost. Since DPS and gold find roughly multiply in term of effectiveness, this makes Larry slightly better than Kaine.

On a side note, I don't understand people that get mad because they bought a golden epic before a change (in this case it's not even a change, only a new campaign, completely optional, and STILL Larry is not underpowered with respect to Kaine...). Maybe it's because I don't really care about the item itself, and buy chests only to support the devs...

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2016 at 12:43 PM
Last Edited April 25th 2016 at 12:49 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thank you for supporting the game.

Larry is still quite a powerful Crusader, and you could use him on the new campaign if you wish.

We like the idea of the game having variety which is why there are different formations, so some Crusaders will do better on some campaigns and objectives than others, but you can always use your favourites if you wish.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 26th 2016 at 5:19 AM
Missy Lenoir
I'm happy for a chance to use Kaine's golden epic actually. Plus, wait til you do Tetris. You'll run into formations that allow Larry to be touching 8 other crusaders! I enjoy formations that make me have to shake up my standard playstyle and lineup.

65 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2016 at 9:47 AM
Dylan Jay Smith
I've noticed that as the game changes, and new Crusaders are introduced, along with new challenges, and talents... That my party formation actually changes quiet a bit too. I don't necessarily use the same people all the time, like I used to. Especially with the talents, I think it's opened up the possibility to play around a lot more. I wouldn't feel let down by Larry, THINK ABOUT HIS FEELINGS! No, but really, they all have their places!