Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Chest drop rate

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 11:50 AM
kjbds
Erika / Devs -
What is the silver chest drop rate supposed to be? I had always heard 25%, then checked my own statistics and my drop rate is significantly lower than that: 78.7K bosses killed, silver chests opened 4.51k, unopened silver chests 792, so 5302 / 78700 = 6.7%. That seems oddly far below 25%, even for RNG. Thanks!

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 12:40 PM
Amoon
"bosses killed" keeps counting up when you just sit on a map with a boss.
Chest drop is 25% every first kill of the boss per reset.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 1:01 PM
Raymond
chest drops have nothing to do with boss kills other then the first time you kill a boss level you are guarantied one chest. thereafter it's something like 1 in every 10 boss levels.

Bosses killed has absolutely nothing to do with how many boss levels you have passed. I have killed 100,000 bosses, and have not passed 500,000 areas in the game. I killed many bosses in areas already passes so as to get an achievement.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 3:03 PM
Last Edited March 24th 2016 at 4:21 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ kjbds: Sorry, we don't give the odds.

And like anything involving random generation and odds, you would need a really huge sample size to see the odds approaching what is set.

As Amoon and Raymond mentioned, the "Bosses Killed" stat is totally separate from your Chests stat, since you can idle on a boss area, but only have a chance to get a chest from the first kill of a boss that play through.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 3:40 PM
Raymond
Erika, kind of on a related note.
I like that a boss level will show a chest on the radar map is one is guaranteed. BUT when playing a mission already played I have won many chests that were not on the radar. Di repeat ones only get known or generated upon actually completing that boss level?
While playing I'd like to know of it's worth it to try to complete this boss level or to do a reset right now instead...

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2016 at 4:12 PM
Erika/Alyniana
The chest isn't known until you kill the boss.

65 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2016 at 9:46 AM
GoldenNewb!
With RNGs, it is like a lottery. Lots of nothing; some silver; and very slim jeweled chests. (I once got 2 jeweled chests in a row!) But the drop rate overall is very low.

Hit "P" on your keyboard and a "Play History Log" will pop up. I just got 8 silver chests in 150 levels. But the next time, it could be only 2 chests.

That is the fun with RNGs!

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2016 at 2:07 PM
Amoon
Raymond, that's just for the first kill of that stage ever. Useful to measure how far you've come in the past, not much else.

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th 2016 at 7:26 PM
Last Edited March 25th 2016 at 7:29 PM
MisterC8
About this. It's like getting a treasure once in a blue moon.

Getting silver chests from bosses you already defeated that will still have bad luck.

Getting Jeweled chests from bosses is like getting a male calico/tortoiseshell cat.

Devs would have no plans to increase the odds, any further.