Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Epic Equipment is unfairly to rare.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 2:06 PM
Tygari
30 purchased event chests and 5 jeweled chests and not a single epic equipment for any character.
That is 150 cards and not a single epic equipment piece.
This seems severely unfair by any reasoning.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 4:02 PM
Teschio
Epic drop rate is random. And it's about 20% for a jeweled chest (absolutly 0% for normal chests, so don't count them). So, getting no epic from 5 jeweled chests is entirely possible.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 4:19 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Tygari,

Thank you for supporting Crusaders.

The designers are aware that players would like to see more Epics, especially if they purchase chests, and are in talks to decide what to do about it, but we have nothing public to announce at this time.

Erika

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 4:27 PM
Tygari
Teschio, I been told purchased event chests are equal to jeweled chests.
So they should have the same chances of an epic as a jeweled chest.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 4:36 PM
Teschio
There are 2 types of event chests, silver ones and jeweled ones. The ones you buy yes, they are jeweled ones. I just thought you meant something else since it would seem like you opened 35 chests, which are not 150 cards like you said, but 175 (so I assumed at least some of those chests were silver). Any jeweled chest can have only 2 equipment card though (the rest are buffs, warps or trinkets - at least in event chests).

As I said, it's not sure exactly what the percentage of an epic item drop really is, but it seems to be around 20% per chest (not per card), maybe a little less (I have about 45 epics, excluding the golden epics, and I opened 270 jeweled chests). With 35 chests, you have been EXTREMELY unlucky, obviously.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2016 at 2:41 AM
Tygari
This event I purchased 15 more chests and finally got 2 epic equipments.
So it took over 50 jeweled chests (i got some more from questing) to get 2 epic equipments.

10 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 30th 2016 at 7:37 AM
Solistus
IMHO, epics should not be significantly easier to get than they are now. Their current rarity allows them to fill a niche that is important for the game: something for long-term players to keep working on for a long time, and something that is legitimately exciting to get out of a chest. I guess one solution to that would be to introduce a new, stronger, even rarer tier of items, but that would involve a lot more work and rebalancing, obviously.

I do think purchased chests could use an upgrade, though - just not something that substantially devalues epics by making them easier to attain. Just to brainstorm a few options (and most of these could also work well in other contexts, like new shop options distinct from existing chests, new daily quest / main objective rewards that are more interesting than "have some moar gems!!1", or wherever else you want to cram in another opportunity for players to get phat lewt):

* One guaranteed rare or better - and, unless you have a rare or epic for every slot already, it's guaranteed to be a rare you didn't have. Getting a bunch of enchants and 30m time warps is disappointing, but getting a loot upgrade (even if it's not epic) usually feels pretty good even if it's a crusader you rarely use.

* More consistent (and generally more value on average) buffs. As I mentioned before, getting a bunch of 30m warps sucks. Maybe this would be too 'generous' and speed up progression too much, but I think it would be cool if the 30m warps appeared in silver chests only, and warps from jeweled chests were always higher tier than that.

* A wider variety of types of chest to buy, with different guaranteed cards for each. One could use the guaranteed rare upgrade idea above, another could guarantee a good time warp, another could be designed for clickers (guaranteed high tier click dps, crit, power burst buffs), another could be the 'farming chest' (gold, spawn speed, splash), one could be completely random with no guaranteed types or tiers of card, but with better outcomes on average than the 'safe' varieties... Lots of possibilities here, and it would make things a lot less frustrating if you really want/need a specific type of buff but aren't getting any. Also, it may be useful to separate paid chests from chests bought with gems or obtained when a silver chest upgrades randomly, so that you can make paid chests more consistently good without speeding up progression too much or eliminating most of the RNG for chests altogether (which I don't think is necessary - like I said early in this post, I like the fact that it's super random if and when you'll get an epic, because it gives me something to hope for when I open a chest and it's exciting when it actually happens).

* Maybe a talent or something that lets you pick a specific crusader (or more than one, perhaps) that you want to focus on finding upgrades for. This wouldn't guarantee that chests would contain gear for the chosen crusader(s), but it would significantly boost the odds (or maybe slightly boost the odds at first, up to a pretty huge boost once you sink lots of idols into the talent).

* This one involves implementing new content so it's more of a long term idea, but it would be awesome if some or all crusaders had more than 3 pieces of gear to acquire - once you got the 4th item for a given crusader, you would have the option to choose which 3 to equip. With careful item design and numeric balance, this could open up strategic options for players to choose between multiple potential roles for a given crusader (think leprechaun with his positioning mechanics, he can be either DPS-focused or gold-focused - maybe Khouri could have items letting him specialize in either healing or DPS boosting, losing or weakening the other ability for significant gains to the chosen specialty, or he could be played kinda 'middle of the road' and stay like he is now. Gold panda could maybe give up his gold boosting item to get more crit and pull his own (considerable) weight DPS-wise.

** Ooh, ooh, follow up idea! Instead of just choosing a gear loadout at will or in between runs, there could be a new mechanic where you have to use a crusader and wait for his/her items that you already have "drop" to enable them for that specific run. That way, players would be encouraged to learn different ways to use each crusader based on which gear is unlocked first and to be more flexible in their playstyle - but not forced to do so, you can always just grind a bit more and wait for the 'right' set of items to drop to make your endgame formation effective. Gear should drop for all crusaders you have unlocked so far in the run, not just ones that you are currently using or have any levels in - that way, you could even be encouraged to use entirely different crusaders than you're used to if their best items drop early on! I tend to have a very predictable game plan these days, always beelining the same crusaders and upgrades at various points in the run - I would welcome changes to make starting a new run less formulaic and more dynamic.

Whew, this is turning into a mini-essay, isn't it? I'll shut up now :)

164 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2016 at 12:21 AM
MisterC8
Gold Panda is a she.