Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Tired of losing my money.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 7:43 AM
Last Edited March 6th 2016 at 7:47 AM
Jetpack
I've been playing this game since the beginning and have spent tons of cash on it. $5 here, $10 there... now there's a special mission every other week that gives a golden epic for cash, so I get lured in.
Honestly, I don't mind. I have money, so I spend it.
But the past two times I've purchased Kreds, the money is taken out of my account and Paypal claims the transaction was made, but Kong says it never happened and I get ripped off. I've submitted tickets to them but it takes forever for a response. AND, I didn't get the golden epic!
Now, I know it's not Codename's fault, but I wanted to post this here to see if I'm the only one. I don't mind spending cash on a game I enjoy.
What is Kong's problem?

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 7:45 AM
Jetpack
And I'm sure you guys will delete this thread or whatever. It's just a conversation piece. I'm not attacking CE or laying blame. I would've put it in the Tech support thread but no one ever reads it.
Thanks, and maybe this thread will promote something positive.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 10:31 AM
Teschio
I don't know if it's just you, I just know I never had any problems with purchases...

PS: I play on Armorgames

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 11:36 AM
Amoon
Did you try purchasing kreds and then chests separately? (i.e. through http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/[YOUR NAME HERE]/kred_account rather than the popup from the game)

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 6:30 PM
Raymond
what makes you think that the Devs will delete any thread? They never ever have deleted any threads, ay most they have locked some instead of letting them continue down a path of no usefulness. Only the originator of a thread have deleted threads or their own part in them, when they are too embarrassed at something, or got the info they want and think that nobody else deserves to know the answer too.

as for attacking them, I have been very guilty of that on several million occasions and have never had any repercussions.

The tech support threads are just as frequented by the Devs as any others, and answered all the tome, no idea where you get your impression. But an actual trouble ticket directly to them will get a personalized answer directly to you.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2016 at 8:32 PM
Erich
Jetpack: I play on AG, so I cannot attest to the goings on of Kong, but I have had nothing but solid transactions since I started playing. I guess the difference is that AG has your charge go straight to the game instead of dealing with site based units of currency, so there's no middle man, so to speak. I'm sorry that Kong is giving you such trouble. Maybe you can switch to AG after getting you Kreds straightened out there, so you don't run into the problem anymore?

Also, I've seen nothing but positivity from the admin here, so I wouldn't worry about your thread getting deleted.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 3:45 AM
Jetpack
I heard back from Kong. They said CE is responsible. I guess I'm out $5.
I'm not switching sites and starting over. I've already put in way too much money and time here on Kong. I just won't pay any more money. Problem solved. :(

110 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 5:01 AM
Last Edited March 7th 2016 at 5:01 AM
Amoon
You can copy your account to AG through the last button in the Settings dropdown.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 6:53 AM
Raymond
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=11112

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 8:03 AM
Jetpack
Thanks. Steam it is... although i'd really like Larry's golden epic without spending another $5.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 8:04 AM
Jetpack
Also - I'm relieved my post didn't turn out to be a bitching festival on me, like most online forums. Thanks for your understanding and help.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 8:37 AM
Raymond
i have been guilty of instigating that kind of thing too. but usually only when others do not believe, for religious and perhaps other insane reasons, that I can't be right about something, and I usually am right, usually.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2016 at 4:57 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Jetpack,

Sorry to hear you're not getting your purchases.

Have you been using the link found here: http://prntscr.com/8o2jyv to submit your support tickets?

The "Report A Bug" link offered by Kong doesn't reliably get forwarded to our email.

We currently only offer support during office hours, which are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm PST, and we try to get back to you within 48 hours of your ticket being opened. We do occasionally check on weekends, but that's not a guarantee.

Kred purchases shouldn't be failing though. If they aren't awarded right away, if you refresh, they should show up. The system checks for un-awarded purchases each time you load the game.

We'll happily credit you any missing purchase that you have, if you put in a help request.

Erika

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2016 at 5:52 AM
Jetpack
I've refreshed a dozen times, no kreds. Kong says it's on you, not them. The money was definitely taken from my bank.
That link goes to a very sketchy looking page.

16 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2016 at 5:54 AM
Jetpack
This is your support page???
http://imgur.com/SeHjCJP

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2016 at 7:16 AM
Raymond
yes, in facebook that points to https://apps.facebook.com/lostidols/?page=help
no idea what any other platforms do.
but you can also go to the codename entertainment site and look around there for contact or support information
www.codenameentertainment.com

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2016 at 11:32 AM
Erika/Alyniana
The link was a screenshot sharing page, with the link to Support highlighted in the red box. The same one you highlighted in your screenshot.

That will give us access to your account.