Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Event! Merci's Mix-Up!

114 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2016 at 4:53 PM
Matt Silva
agreed this has been the worst drop event rate yet. still a matter of RNG, but its never been this bad

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2016 at 4:56 PM
Teschio
5 free plays so far, 3 jeweled and 2 silver. Seems like yours it's bad luck, not reduced drop rate.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2016 at 4:58 PM
Yukonus
gz to you Teschio, then the games just hates me (and some others)

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2016 at 3:14 AM
NannyOgg
7 free plays and 7 silver chests, this totally sucks

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2016 at 4:20 AM
Last Edited February 21st 2016 at 4:29 AM
Supervised
"5 free plays so far, 3 jeweled and 2 silver. Seems like yours it's bad luck, not reduced drop rate."

The dev said the drop rate was *slightly* increased. Let's assume it's still 20% as before.
The standard deviation of the sample distribution of sample mean is 0.126. Your 60% drop rate is outside 3 standard deviations. In other words, your sample is at the far end of a normal distribution.
95% of us should have a drop rate between 0% and 45.2%.

62 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 21st 2016 at 11:40 AM
Roku
I'm at all Silver so far too sadly. I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least get one common or better in every slot for Sally, but I fear that with two days left she's going to end up completely useless for me like RoboSanta is since I couldn't get gear for him either. I really hope there will be ways to gear these guys up and get the gearing achievements later. I realize the devs want to keep some RNG in so that not everyone uses the same formation, but it's really frustrating not even being able to get basic common gear in every slot, especially with the "Set Bonus" talent.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 22nd 2016 at 2:42 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Yukonus.

The rate was increased, but each reset of Free Play is unique. We don't do anything behind the scenes to guarantee a Jeweled out of x Free Plays.

The designers are aware that players feel disappointed by the rates, and in their solutions for gearing up past event Crusaders will also consider changes to other things, but nothing public to announce at this time.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 22nd 2016 at 10:32 PM
Yukonus
Update, 11 free plays and 11 silver. This event is really weird.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2016 at 9:56 AM
BoldarBlood
Same here, 0 Jeweled out of 11 free plays ... I know it's not guaranted, but compared to the Christmas event or the Pool Party where i got a shit ton of it (Blood Bowl not so much), it feels like there's been a mistake somewhere ...

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2016 at 12:38 PM
Raymond
i on the other hand had 5 upgraded jewelled chests out of 10 freeplays.

87 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd 2016 at 9:12 PM
Last Edited February 23rd 2016 at 9:32 PM
Erich
I started playing 2 days before this event. Here are my thoughts, now that it's over.

* I enjoyed the writing, and learning the game while going through it. I'll miss the heart formation. All in all, I had fun.

* As a new player, I had to grind daily to get enough idols in order to play the last few event objectives. I was able to beat all of them, but it took constant daily play, and a lot of effort. I beat the last objective a few hours before the event ended. I'm not saying it's impossible, obviously, but it was pretty tough for me to do. Since I didn't have any past event crusaders, some of the restricted objectives were difficult. I'm ok with all of that, but the short length of the event might make it a smidge too difficult for newer players that can't idol grind. Just my opinion.

* After opening 7 jeweled chests and a few silver ones, I still didn't have 3 pieces of gear for Sally. I'm ok with RNG, but I dislike RNG tails that can give you 8 pieces of gear for Rocky and 2 for Sally. I like achievements, and I like working for them. It may just be me, but I would rather go through the entire event and be rewarded with 3 pieces of common gear for both crusaders for the achievements, rather than having it skewed and miss one because of a bad RNG tail.

* In total, I got 9 jeweled chests from objectives, 1 from a promo code, and I bought 7 more. I also had a handful of silvers. I didn't get a single piece of epic gear from the chests, and I'M OK WITH THAT. Seriously, that's RNG that I'm ok with. If other people get lucky with their drops, awesome. I'm happy with what I got (I did end up getting both gear achievements). By the way, my jeweled chest rate was about 20% for my event free plays, so I can't say that it felt low for me.

Again, all in all, I had fun playing. I thought my donations were worth supporting the game, and getting a few gold epics was a nice reward for that as well. I know you already have it on your to-do list to re-introduce past event crusaders back into the game, and I look forward to that for a very specific reason: I'm really tired of hearing "just use Siri!" when asking about formations, as if it's a given that everyone already has Siri :)

1 suggestion:

I really really liked playing the heart formation, seeing the writing, and fighting the enemies. If there was an unrestricted (no ticket) free play that didn't offer any rewards, like the way other campaign free plays don't give rewards, that would've been perfect. Again, just my opinion.

Thank you kindly for listening.
~Erich

30 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 24th 2016 at 2:07 PM
kjbds
The curse of RNG. This event I was 5/6 epics, ridiculous numbers of JC. Pam / Siri was something like 0/11 & Grok / Driz was 1/12 for me. It's f%^@$%^ infuriating when it goes that way though.

My one complaint is that the randomness of RNG has disproportionate effects. If you didn't get squat for this event, no big deal, since both are main DPSers (Sally with epic group DPS and Jealousy is helpful for female main though). However, missing out on Siri / Pam or Grok / Driz epics will have lasting effects, since it makes your buffs substantially weaker, which affects all future play. I don't think there's necessarily a solution to it, simply an observation / whine.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th 2016 at 11:43 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Thank you for the detailed feedback, Erich, and for supporting the game. Very impressed that you got enough Idols to tackle all the event objectives before it ended.

You didn't need to finish your last objective before time ran out. You could have just started it and played it until you finished it.

The event timer is there to indicate when you can no longer start and objective, and when the chests for event currency go off-sale.

I will add your suggestions to the list to consider. :)
-

@ kjbds: Thank you for the feedback. We hope to have ways to get gear for past event Crusaders but nothing to announce yet.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2016 at 9:02 AM
Yukonus
Finally, 13 free plays and 13 silver. my best event ever.

@Erika, so every reset is random about the guarantee for an upgrade and there are no working behind the scenes, funny. Is there also no behind the scenes about the randomness for getting a epic gear and what kind of gear and for which crusader you get the gear? pure randomness?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2016 at 11:14 AM
Raymond
When a reset occurs, then and there a random number generator generates a number, if that random number is between 2 certain values, programmed half a year ago when the game was programmed and chosen based on some value of odds for something to happen which has never been changed, then the chest dropped is an upgraded jeweled one, if not between those 2 values then it's just a regular silver one. Simplest programming ever, and of course no memory of what some other chest drop was. DEfinition of random number generator.

As to what's in a chest, that's also a random number generator value to have something chosen from among several categories. Gold if a silver chest, buffs if silver, warps if jeweled, gear for 20 crusaders if silver, 2 crusaders if event, the gear being of several kinds, lets say slot one, slot 2, slot 3, and those being among common if silver, uncommon, rare, or epic if jeweled. Their being ssssooooooo many things that you already have, it's very uncommon to get something new that you don't have and is better then something that you do have. Also the simplest programming ever and a perfect example of the coupon collector math problem but with a whole lot more degrees of freedom. Also experienced by millions of kids collecting baseball playing cards...
http://www.math.uah.edu/stat/apps/CouponCollectorExperiment.html

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2016 at 12:07 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Yes Yukonus, purely random aside from what we guarantee the contents of the chest will be.