Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Running Play + Elegible Receivers bug

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 1:29 PM
Teschio
Hi, the Running Play skill should give a +100% bonus to the Orc's Elegible Receivers skill, which means doubling the bonus. Unfortunately, it seems to be additive, not multiplicative, with the Orc's item that boosts his skill: I were lucky enough to drop the epic item, so the bonus is 300% without Drizzle, but becomes only 450% when he is ahead of the Orc. It seems like Drizzle's +100% gets added to the +100% granted by the item, and the total is then applied to the base value. Is it supposed to work this way, or is it a bug?

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 1:41 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Teschio,

Thank you for getting in touch.

450% is the intended max, not a bug.

Sorry for any confusion,

Erika

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 7:34 PM
Teschio
Hi Erika,

thanks for the quick response.

But as a follow-up, is there a reason for this cap? It basically makes having the epic item for Orc useless, since you can get the exact same result with just the rare one (with Drizzle on the field, of course). I understand that now that skill is really strong, and I wouldn't object to a nerf, but making an epic item useless (expecially right after the patch that increased the effectiveness of epics a lot) is not the right solution, imho...

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2016 at 4:03 PM
Yukonus
Hi,
I also find that a little confusing that the Item from Orc and the 100% from running play are added and not multiplied.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2016 at 4:47 PM
Teschio
From what Erika said, they are not added. Simply put, the skill is capped at 450%. So, having an epic item gives you nothing more than a rare item does, if you have Drizzle on the field as well. And this is definitely weirder than having them added... you basically have an epic item that is absolutely identical to his rare counterpart.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2016 at 4:53 PM
Yukonus
I have the 25% gear and if you add the gear with 100% then it shows the in-game number... So these two are added... Don't know why

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 30th 2016 at 5:35 PM
Teschio
So, you are saying your Orc's bonus is 337%, divided among the crusaders in front of him, instead of 375%? If so, then they ARE added... can you confirm this please?

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 1:33 AM
Last Edited January 31st 2016 at 1:41 AM
Yukonus
Yes, in-game it shows 337.5% ... so its added ...

Now I have to look at Turkey and Momma about that

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 2:11 AM
Yukonus
@Erika

Turkey (gear and upgrade) and Momma (upgrade) are working multiplied and not added. Why does Orc and Elf work contrary?

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 4:42 AM
Teschio
Momma doesn't boost Turkey's skill, it boosts directly the DPS of zapped crusaders. The effect is identical, the mechanism is not.

If, as you say, the bonus is 337.5% with an uncommon item for Orc, then yes, their bonus are added, not multiplyed. So it's not a matter of skill cap, but of coding of those abilities and items.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 5:17 AM
Yukonus
I know that Momma boots the zapped crusaders, but it's still not added, its multiplied!

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 6:05 AM
Teschio
It's multiplied because she does not boost a skill, like Drizzle, she boost DPS directly. Drizzle's skill interacts directly with the Orc's skill, not with DPS. Mechanically the two situations are very different, and therefore not comparable.

I would like to know, though, why Drizzle's skill is additive, seems like a first for this game...

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 6:13 AM
Yukonus
well you are right, it's not the same, but she needs Turkey's upgrade.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 31st 2016 at 6:23 AM
Yukonus
nevertheless, Turkeys item and his upgrade (+100%) are working multiplied and not added, so Turkey works in an other way then Orc and his Elf

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 1st 2016 at 5:43 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Teschio: It does make a difference to have the Epic Tooth. It wouldn't be 450% otherwise.

With the Rare and Drizzle on the field somewhere in front of him, Groklok's bonus is only 375% split over whoever is in front of him.

The designers are aware that the players aren't that keen on Drizzle and have it on their to-do list to look over her skills.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 2nd 2016 at 1:44 AM
Teschio
Yes, we established that, but this is because Drizzle's skill is additive, not multiplicative. Which is a first for this game, where everything else multiplies.

60 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th 2016 at 12:27 AM
Yukonus
I'm guessing, they don't really care

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th 2016 at 2:27 PM
Erika/Alyniana
The designers have decided to make the abilities multiplicative, and that will be released in a future patch.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th 2016 at 4:32 PM
Teschio
Thanks a lot, that will make Drizzle viable again (right now it's worse than Lion)