Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Nate's Birthday Event 2016!
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th 2016 at 1:57 PM
Last Edited January 15th 2016 at 2:20 PM
Erika/Alyniana

As much as he doesn't want to acknowledge it, Nate Dragon is another year older! Join him in the event area of the Commons to see what hijinks his party will cause this year...

Check out the blog for more details!

Post comments and questions here!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th 2016 at 3:42 PM
Russel Denton
hey do we have to dress up as either Nate or the dragon to set off nates little "accidents" like in previous years, if so what do we dress up as nate or the dragon
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th 2016 at 3:44 PM
Last Edited January 15th 2016 at 3:46 PM
Erika/Alyniana
There is no achievement for that in the 2016 set, as you can see in the blog.

If you haven't gotten the dress as Nate or dress as Dragon yet, then you can try again when you have all the activities if you have the costume pieces.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th 2016 at 3:45 PM
Russel Denton
ok, thanks for that matey
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 16th 2016 at 1:39 PM
Bluji
Umm... Jim's dialogue changes to reflect the fire in the lumber mill, but when you go to the door and click it, it still says the usual 'locked, guess Jim doesn't want anyone inside' dialogue. Perhaps that should change for the duration of the quest as well?
77 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2016 at 1:46 PM
Last Edited January 17th 2016 at 2:59 PM
kittypurrrs
Hi all. If whoever copied the Christmas page is reading here, please also copy the nate's brthday page so I and others can edit it. FYI, I made the page but only added blog info. (And managed to mess that up somehow)

Addendum: I have copied the page, and added a few things, but sill needs the decorations and the items list, please
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2016 at 3:10 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Bluji: I'll put it on the list for next year's event. Good catch.

-

@ Everyone: The event timer is now counting down to the proper end time, if you reload the game.
Lvl 356 "Little Kid Scarer"
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2016 at 11:01 AM
Ced Rick
Nate will be unhappy... i don't have any dialogue to give the frogs to Nathalie. the only option available is to ask her what trophies items are :(
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2016 at 11:40 AM
Last Edited January 19th 2016 at 11:40 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Ced Rick: Are you talking to the Natalie sprite in the Commons, near the Happy Birthday Nate sign and she's only talking about trophies?
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2016 at 11:41 AM
davepagsny
Sounds like you might be at Natalie's house. Try going to the event area and trying there.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2016 at 7:51 AM
gaazkam
Two questions. (armorgames.com player here)

Q#1 Is it your intention that one can send only 50 invitations to help at security stations per day? Well, I was able to send 70 invitations (I have 70 friends). It worked like this: I talk to the security station staff, click the Invite button, am limited to send invitations only to 50 friends so I pick random 50 friends and send invitations. Then I talk to the same guy again, and again click the Invite button, and hurray, I am able to send invitations to the remaining 20 friends.

Q#2 How much am I supposed to ignite the fire? There are two buckets next to the fire place. One bucket puts the fire down, and one is supposed to make it bigger. The problem is, that each time I use the leftmost bucket, it apparently randomly either makes the fire larger, or resets it to its "first stage". Is this intended behavior? I managed to bring the fire up to the point that my character was calling for the fire department. Is it possible to make the fire even larger?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2016 at 1:07 PM
Raymond
you can send 50 at a time, but you can send a total of ALL the people you have as game buddies. Been this way for events forever. But some events that's an issue cause all 2,3 or 4 stations come out all at once and of course if you use up all buddis on one you are out of luck on another.
The fire is just for fun, now, but becomes important later. you will see. Same for the exploding stuff.
Lvl 370 "Is Puzzled"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2016 at 5:45 PM
Jeanine Lexi Cappetta
I LOVE the Diggy Diggy Hole name for a quest. I've loved Bush Whacker 1&2 for forever and now I love it even more with that Yogscast mention in here. The Devs are awesome. It's gotta be said.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 9:36 AM
Bluji
Typo in the birthday cake quest:
http://i.imgur.com/hFYOzBw.png
(embarressing -> embarrassing)
Lvl 400 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2016 at 9:25 AM
Joshua Edgerton
some how I cant finish nate surprise party and I need help.
like how to I get nate to the party.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2016 at 11:55 AM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Joshua: Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the quest. If you've done the last quest for the conspirators, the Robin should have shown up, and you will have a quest with a Nate head in your quest bar.

You need to talk to Nate, and then go through the exit beside the Inn, and meet him at the entrance to the secret bonus area in the Mysterious Forest.
Post by deblev53 deleted January 29th 2016 at 10:22 AM
77 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 11:25 AM
kittypurrrs
Raymond Jerome wrote, "The fire is just for fun, now, but becomes important later. you will see. Same for the exploding stuff."

Exactly what did you mean here Raymond? I have waited expectantly for SOMETHING to happen and nothing... and I mean a big, fat NOTHING...
77 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 1:32 PM
Last Edited January 29th 2016 at 4:18 PM
kittypurrrs
@Erika_Kramer1, here is a quote from the Nate Birthday blog info above:

"stay tuned for a new set-up quest with a fun ending!"

Well it's over! But I will say again, WHAT party? THAT WAS IT?

I missed the "fun" ending ... Was the "fun" ending Nate telling me that I missed the Dragon coming to destroy the commons? The dragon was well done, but then having to find Dragonslayer swords and not even wield it or attempt to slay it or even scare/drive it away (as was the quest's "task" in our quest line...) was weird. The actual “ending.” didn’t even match the picture provided in the Blog! And at least last year there were scorched faces. Sadly, I was right. The only thing “extra” was extra quests!

25 quests with 2 of them repeatable and no ENDing to pull it all together. No wonder no one remembered the event from last year to tell me if there was more ...

For anyone saying I am just a complainer, perhaps ask yourself, would it not have been fun to actually see the confetti guns with confetti flying? Or Nate open a present? Or see his new pet? Or see the stage we built and gifts we made with so many quests being used for ...SOMEthing ....ANYthing? (I only just realized the 3 spirals on each side of the stage were the supposed "fake fire" as, having copied and reversed the graphics, it looks like part of the streamers.)

As an added reward, how about a piece of cake energy? Or Nate giving us some of his energy and gems we dug up as thanks for pulling off the party and doing all the quests even though we never we never actually attended the party? Or, heaven forbid, give a copy of the Nate pet we never saw?

What do we get? A monstrosity of a “mosaic” piece that looks ugly, and to top it off, replaces the gnomes that were adorable and small and could also be used to decorate the golf course.

This is my first Nate Birthday and overall it was underwhelming and dull… when it started out promising, and could have been easily made to be spectacular.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2016 at 3:39 PM
Tamara Sharp
Did the Birthday event end today or if there something wrong with my game because both the birthday event and Major Tom quests have disappeared.