Codename Entertainment
since last update...thanksgiving event

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 4:21 AM
Last Edited November 30th 2015 at 9:56 AM
883Dave
Some issues...changes to the game since the last update
Game has become a lot more laggy...seems to be random, not level specific
When resetting, game usually hangs...have to close and relog into the game.
Coins no longer make a trail into the money counter
Have been a few, 10 (12) +/- flash crashes
Game will not restart after resetting to get idols, leading to reloading the game, now in two cases, leading to the game not loading, leading to having to restart the computer

Maybe you could start a new Alpha to test the updates to the beta

edit, to add more bugs noticed

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 10:47 AM
Raymond
all the things you describe as missing like coin trails... still happen for me and others.
all the things you describe as happening like lag and lockups... don't happen for me and most others.
they did not change anything to these.
something at your end in your computer or your network connection or perhaps even game settings is making all your issues.

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 3:09 PM
883Dave
Raymond...please do not talk for others.
Are you a developer?
Can you please explain what happened to my computer to cause this?
Can you please explain what happen to my network connection to cause this?
Can you please explain what game settings I changed?
No?
This post is for the developers...

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 3:26 PM
Raymond
a direct message to the developers should use their trouble ticket method. these forums they sometimes monitor but are a community thing. a d being a part of the community I will answer what I can answer.
I have stated things that I see in chat and that i personally experience. if you have lag then you are among a very few people who even mention it in chat, and when people do ask if there is lag, others, besides myself, say that they are not experiencing any lag.
as for game settings, perhaps 'quality' you might have changed between high and low.
perhaps you inadvertently changed flash settings to or from hardware acceleration.
and perhaps your flash cache is corrupted or just way too bloated and you should perform a flash cache clear, and browser cache clear, and some other standard things that many of us players of CNE games perform naturally on a regular basis.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 3:32 PM
Raymond
a computer over times gets bloated. this game and some others by cne experience massive computer resource requirements that you might just now be hitting the 'wall' with.
your network has many things that can change especially in the router/wifi end of things. things change for no good reason sometimes, perhaps cosmic rays.
flash gets updated all the time, sometimes it's just a plain good thing to completely clear that out with a flash cache clear. or even uninstalling flash and reinstalling the current version alone without having it have every version in existance that you have had in its bit bucket history. a clean install can do wonders for many things, even browsers themselves which also always update themselves can benefit from a clean install. I will not talk about operating systems here (but if you went from windows 7 or 8 to 10 then there is 'something that changed' on your end.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 3:40 PM
Last Edited November 30th 2015 at 4:34 PM
Kenshin
The issue with resetting and game freezing when starting a new campaign happens to a lot of people. I have posted in another thread screenshots of several people saying they have the same issue, which started with the new patch. Still waiting for developers' reply on that one.

Lag was fixed with a mini-patch, I can confirm it runs much, much smoother now.

Edit: This is what Erika replied to the other thread about the whole "game crashing when resetting" issue:

"Erika/Alyniana (CNE Dev)
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the report. Sorry that the game has been barely playable all weekend.

We've identified the cause (having Roboturkey and Momma buffing a Crusader at reset) and hopefully can put out a fix soon.

Erika"

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 4:39 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Dave,

We put out a fix for the crashing on selecting a new objective just now.

Erika

32 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2015 at 6:14 PM
883Dave
Thanks Alyniana.

Raymond that was , but thanks