Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
What was the point in introducing Enchantment point sharing?

12 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 10th 2015 at 11:28 PM
Regnes
It doesn't have any impact on the game for the vast majority of players. Does anybody actually care that they're getting more enchantment points for Minster, Pete, Jack, and Wendy?

Even for Wendy who admittedly has potential as a main DPSer if she can keep up with enchants, it's pointless, because 30% =/= 100%, she will inevitably still fall behind for newer players, and for more veteran players, she will continue to stay well behind par and will never catch up.

In the future they're planning on introducing talents to improve the percentage of shared points...so the crusaders will fall behind at a slower rate. The only way this can be justified as anything but a completely pointless addition to the game is if enchantment points are made to benefit your party in some way and not just your main DPS.

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 6:04 AM
Jason M. Bryant
It's something that several people had requested.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 8:41 AM
Raymond
more like several hundred at least or even several thousand who hate that limited time characters (who they would love to use) get no equipment and enhancements outside that short limited time. So they at least get some improvement all year long now...

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 3:58 PM
Last Edited November 12th 2015 at 4:07 PM
Sarumaru
Regnes have good points, I fail to see the event crusaders having any impact with more enchantment points. Developers should listen and carefully filter out certain request. Like on reddit a player request the mass open chest button of 5/25/100, it's good that the developers implemented the feature but but to open 100 chest is a bit absurd and something is wrong if you need to open this many chest at once. At this point there are no difference whether this useless feature is in the game or removed, but I'm sure the people that requested are happy.

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 4:03 PM
Jason M. Bryant
When the talent screen went live, I had over 170 chests. I just hadn't been opening them because I haven't needed them much through the last couple events. I was doing way more grinding than questing. Now that I'm practically out of quests, that's going to happen a lot.

Opening 100 chests at once may not be useful often, but it will be useful occasionally, and it doesn't hurt anything to be there. Since they were doing the other options already, it probably took them an extra five minutes of work to put in that button, too.

There's no point in complaining about features that people wanted, hurt nothing, and took very little effort for the devs to add. That applies to the enchantment point change, too.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 4:14 PM
Sarumaru
'but it will be useful occasionally'
Please give a situation where opening 100 chest is useful. Even if you have thousands of chest, you only need to open a few chest to push areas(much more chest later), but if you need to open 100 chest to farm on the NEXT AREA then the player need to think if this is worth it.

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 4:28 PM
Jason M. Bryant
Sometimes I don't want to push areas. If I'm just grinding for idols, opening up new chests doesn't help me. I can get just as many idols by resetting and grinding through the early areas without taking the time to micromanage my guys through the levels.

That makes a lot of chests build up. If enough build up, then all I want is the stuff in the chests, not to use them to push forward.

135 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 10:51 PM
LadyWizard
"Please give a situation where opening 100 chest is useful. Even if you have thousands of chest, you only need to open a few chest to push areas(much more chest later), but if you need to open 100 chest to farm on the NEXT AREA then the player need to think if this is worth it."

Timed objectives mostly. Like Carnival has an achievement for RESETTING on freeplay carnival within I think an hour? Or for "Get me out of here" on the 2nd campaign(80 minutes to hit 150 and reset)

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 12th 2015 at 11:37 PM
Sarumaru
If you need to open 100 chest for time sensitive objective/achievements then something is wrong. Since chest give gold based on your dps and gold bonus it is better to open a few, then level up your crusader for higher dps so the next chest will give much more gold.

135 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 5:01 AM
LadyWizard
Sarumaru honestly I played where I opened a "few" chests while the characters autoprogressed but because I was stuck in chest open ui failed the objective seeing as I average about 75 chests a week more or less an auto open x would have meant I could spend more time in the actual leveling window and made sure chests didn't stop everything when they dropped

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 5:34 AM
Jason M. Bryant
Sarumaru, you're assuming that I care about the gold in the chests. There are situations where I don't.

I've already been to level 360. Using a ton of chests to get there again gets me nothing. It's much easier and faster to just soft reboot and get idols in the early levels.

I don't always need the gold from the chests, sometimes I just need the trinkets inside.

If you don't want to use the 100 chest button, no problem. You don't have to use it. Other people play the game slightly differently from you, and that's fine too.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 1:29 PM
Sarumaru
@LadyWizard
'Sarumaru honestly I played where I opened a "few" chests while the characters autoprogressed but because I was stuck in chest open ui failed the objective seeing as I average about 75 chests a week more or less an auto open x would have meant I could spend more time in the actual leveling window and made sure chests didn't stop everything when they dropped'

Let's see if I got this right, opening chest consume more time then necessary so you failed an objective (time sensitive) and you had about 75 chests, so opening 100 chest at once is a good idea.

@Jason
Even a button that quickly open 1 chest is more useful than open 100 chest. It seem that die-hard fanboys will go to any length to defend a useless idea.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 4:23 PM
TsukasaWM
Guys don't waste your time on Sarumaru, he's just here to troll the forums.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 4:40 PM
Kenshin
Sad but true.

EP sharing is kinda useless, it was mostly asked for by new players (those that started -during- the last event), so that they can get (more) EP on witch, who was their main DPS at the time. I guess by now they have moved on and use others as main DPS, so..

Anyway, it doesn't hurt, does it? Same goes for the x100 chest opening button (agreed with Jason on that one). No harm done, no pressure to use it, it's just there. Last time I checked no one forced me to use it, even though I still have over 800 chests in my inventory.

13 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 4:48 PM
ZeroTakenaka
Here's my counter-argument.

If they didn't implement EP sharing, when creating new crusaders(even from events), they wouldn't be able to make new DPS-based crusaders. As of right now, yeah EP-sharing is low but they can always increase it via idol shop.

44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 6:11 PM
Last Edited November 13th 2015 at 7:52 PM
Sarumaru
@TsukasaWM
You are not bringing anything to the table, completely off topic just to attack me, you have done this more than once. Whatever you are doing is consider spamming and should be banned.

Next time you accuse someone of trolling, it might be more credible if you actually explain why or provide proof. But then again I do not expect much from you and Kenshin since you two do not seem to understand what a troll is.

@Kenshin
Put in a useless button, then someone point out it is useless, it is OK since no one is forced to use the button because having a button that players can use is stupid.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th 2015 at 7:56 PM
Last Edited November 13th 2015 at 7:58 PM
TsukasaWM
The proof is the last topic you got locked due to your off-topic trolling.

http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=11365

and lets not forget your replies here as well.

http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=11373

If you're going to troll, at least put effort into it.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2015 at 5:32 AM
wcli456
I have used the open 100 chest button a few times.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2015 at 5:36 AM
wcli456
because why not? just let the game run. until 100 chests need opening. it's plenty quick.

18 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2015 at 5:41 AM
Last Edited November 14th 2015 at 6:13 AM
wcli456
@Sarumaru: 'It seem that die-hard fanboys will go to any length to defend a useless idea.'

I don't understand why you have such a vengeful attitude for the button. it is harmless. it doesn't take up a huge part of the screen. it just sits there innocuously. there are a whole bunch of buttons on your browser you rarely use I'm sure. do you write to the company that created the browser and request them to remove those buttons? You don't use them, others might. The goal of creating a user interface is to make it user friendly to the population. not just for one individual.