Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
What do you guys think of the XP System/Function?

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th 2015 at 9:02 PM
Lloyd_Majere
For those who don't know (it took me a while to find it, I kept getting confused when they'd talk about XP), you can hover over the purple icon on any Crusader in the bench to see their XP points.

From that text, it says "Crusaders gain an XP point for every five hours they've been in formation. Each increases DPS of HERO by 100%"

Assuming that "HERO" = whatever Crusader you're hovering over...

I'm not certain I like this system. On one hand, it gives much more value to offline gains and using the same character over time. Now when you go to bed, you can rest assured that your formation will gain at least 1 EXP each by the time you wake up.

On the other, this makes the more commonly used Crusaders a very distinct advantage over unused ones. For example, it's likely that Jim will stay in your formation forever: Mine has 18 XP points currently. But the unused characters generally have 7 or fewer, down to the Emo Werewolf with only a single hour of playtime on him, apparently.

So is this system just pure benefit, or does it further the divide between the good characters and the bad? Or does it not actually affect much at all, in the long run? Or did I misunderstand the system entirely? >w>

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2015 at 12:44 AM
Tamir Buchshtav
it's mostly there to prevent bogging down, I think.
the xp gets reset to 0 when you reset the world, so the differences won't grow indefinitely

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2015 at 11:01 AM
Lloyd_Majere
Actually on that note, losing the XP is somewhat annoying... I had 18 XP on Jim, which means I had, what, 90 hours on file? When you reset, you do so with the idea that you starting and finishing stronger, and going through the past levels faster. Yet I reset at stage 91 last night, which was a difficult plateau to reach. But even with the idol boost I got, I'm now stuck at 78, since it took me under 15 hours to catch up this far. Only half of my team has any XP at all, and Jim only has 2.

I think the system just rubs me the wrong way for an idle game where you have to choose among Crusaders. It definitely makes it so you don't want to waste time slots on "bad characters," but it also increases the "difficulty" of this because you haven't waited as long. Resetting should make the wait time for already beaten levels decrease, not increase because you reach them faster.

I can see the opinion that this paces the game out better, but if the only thing holding me back from getting where I was is XP, that's just frustrating. I dunno.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2015 at 2:28 PM
Tamir Buchshtav
The problem with not resetting xp is that currently it doesn't cap, and there's no diminishing returns.
every other way to get DPS is limited in some way, except xp.

Which is solveable, of course.
all they need to do is increment the amount of time needed to get xp.

41 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2015 at 7:41 PM
Karen Barello Swearingin
i agree that xp should carry over through resets. we work hard to get it and it's a shame to see it all go

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd 2015 at 10:18 PM
Willbrace
I believe that they should make an idol upgrade that lets you maintain an identical amount of XP to the level of the idol upgrade upon soft resetting.

23 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2015 at 7:00 PM
Elusion
Best solution I can think of without breaking the game is to have XP gained reward Rubies at a 1:1 ratio.

Majority of us are resetting well before we reach 5 hours to gain XP so if you want to continue upgrading your DPS/Gold gain then you'll keep doing so, if you do a deep run every 5 hours will net you 10 rubies, it's not that much and when the Devs decide to start selling Rubies this will cover the free players gaining without depriving them of potential sales.