Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Not able to connect to chat.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th 2015 at 3:49 PM
Marion Phillips
For some time now I have not been able to use 'chat' - It connects then disconnects immediately. I asked through pm on the the facebook page but no luck. I've cleared the cache, history, up graded Google Chrome, cleared the flash player, tried a different browser, and re-booted the whole system. All to no avail. This all happened when the graduation event started. I've realized though that Facebook did some changes about that time too. Does anyone have any idea what has happened and maybe how I can get the 'chat' back with Egg Breaker. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2015 at 6:48 PM
Penny
I have not been able to connect to chat for the last couple days. I get the same results as Marion.

4 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 6th 2015 at 1:38 PM
Lisa Cisney
I am having the same problem.

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 6th 2015 at 5:10 PM
mother goose
Iam still having problem with not being able to connect to chat.it has been down since Saturday and I woul like to know how to fix it.Please and Thanks in advance.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 7th 2015 at 9:08 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with chat. The most recent issues starting on Friday/Saturday are most likely due to Firefox's new update where it doesn't like the SSL certificate for our chat. We're looking into it, but there's no easy quick fix.

Erika

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 9th 2015 at 4:27 AM
Damah Cat
My chat won't connect either. Was fine yesterday.

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 9th 2015 at 4:29 PM
Karin Licht Gilstrap
no chat for me either, on EBA or on BW2

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2015 at 6:47 AM
Damah Cat
Still no chat in firefox but works in IE

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2015 at 9:27 PM
Marion Phillips
Since I started this 'thread' nearly a month ago, I realize that Facebook, Firefox & Google Chrome have all had up grades/changes. I still have no chat, and now when I start my EBA it does not allow me to play from Cache. I'm not sure what that is all about. It would be very nice if 'someone' could figure out what is happening. I guess I should just be thankful that I can still play the game. Thanks CNE Dev you are the greatest.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2015 at 10:46 AM
Marion Phillips
I was lucky enough to have a friend drop in this morning. He knows about computers so I asked if he had time to see what the problem is. Google Chrome upgrades is the problem.
The short story of it is, we changed to Internet Explorer as my web browser. Everything is working fine now.

79 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2015 at 5:17 AM
Damah Cat
Sent a ticket and was told it was chrome updates but I don't have chrome so must have also been firefox updates.
IE still works for chat.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2015 at 8:54 AM
Erika/Alyniana
If you are up to fiddling with browser settings, you can try this.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1066238#answer-748685

Otherwise, you can try rolling back to Firefox 38. We're still looking into how to fix it on our end, but it won't be quick.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2015 at 4:58 PM
Marian Axtman Vollans
Glad to see I am not the only one having issues with connecting to Chat, mine started on Monday.