Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Ability to Deselect a Skill in combat NEEDED

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2015 at 4:20 PM
Rima Rama
i was told there's already a thread about this somewhere but i can't find it!

we really really need to be able to deselect a combat skill. sometimes skills are selected accidentally, sometimes they're selected in instances where it could mean death for the whole group, in the instance of a multi (for example, accidentally freezing first thing in the boss battle in the Crystal Crusade).

it would make such a huge difference and doesn't seem that complicated to put in so i hope you'll please consider it!

Thank you guys!

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2015 at 1:40 AM
Rima Rama
Is this something that has ever been considered? Was it dismissed for some reason? If so, why?

I know this ability would be so appreciated, I do hope you'll at the very least give it some thought.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2015 at 6:36 AM
Cruz
This would be extremly helpful. I messed up a few times because of being unable to deselect freeze. I think having staff lore (and the other class auto attacks) in the skill list would be nice.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2015 at 9:40 AM
Last Edited May 5th 2015 at 9:41 AM
Deex
Add auto attack to skill bar would be great.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2015 at 2:19 AM
Rima Rama
that sounds like really a very simple and elegant way to fix this problem!

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2015 at 9:27 PM
Rima Rama
As far as this particular problem goes, I would just really like any kind of acknowledgement from the devs; whether it's a new concept for them or something they've got on their list to look at or something they're working on or anything. I would just like to know we've been heard.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 8th 2015 at 9:39 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Rima,

This is something we can think about. Originally we did have the ability to click a skill again to deactivate it, but that was causing some confusion. When we designed the battle system we expected players to be using their rage building attack as their primary attack. Which should always be available. As it stands taking all of your points out of your rage building attack is going to leave you without something to fall back on and you will have to careful about what ability you select.

I can put discussing this on the after jungle list. But that is really our focus right now.

-David

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 8th 2015 at 8:52 PM
Rima Rama
I understand, of course you have your priorities. I appreciate you adding it even at the end of your [I'm sure very looooong] list of things to consider. Thanks!

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2015 at 9:17 AM
Elharith
David, just as an addendum to Rima's point. Most wizzies use phase as their "rage building" skill, with some other skill as their damage skill. If we select the damage skill, and realize that, oops, we don't need that much damage to finish off a bad guy, or, wait, this is supposed to be a build round, and we didn't want to use the damage skill, there is no way to get out of that move, and we have to watch in frustration. Using fireball at level 1 is pointless; it is less damage than auto, and the higher level of mana from phase more than makes up for not using fireball. Personally, I would prefer going back to the click once, select, click again, deselect, option, even if it means I am clicking several times in a row to figure out what I want. I am sure we players are smart enough to get it right, eventually. :)
Alternatively, Deex' suggestion would likewise work for me. *so tired of losing battles I didn't have to lose because of this little thing*

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2015 at 12:25 PM
zebop117
Please don't make it toggling (click/press to select, click/press again to deselect) because one accident click/keypress would ruin everything. A separate button for the default attack would work better.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 13th 2015 at 11:23 PM
Last Edited May 13th 2015 at 11:26 PM
Rima Rama
I really do like the idea of having a separate button for default/auto attack.

And, not that I know anything at all about programming, but it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to implement either. Just have it always there in the first spot, just like how that one skill point is always there in that auto attack skill space, you know?

Again, I have no clue what all is involved in adding this but it *SEEMS* like a quick and easy thing to get over and done with and check off that To Do list that sounds like it's got a lot of things on it that are WAY more in depth and require tons more work.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 13th 2015 at 11:47 PM
Elharith
^^What Rima said about where to put the button. I like that idea a LOT.

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st 2015 at 10:28 AM
Rima Rama
baby turn around and let me see that sexy thread go BUMP BUMP BUMP!