Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Dev Diary- 02/13/2015- Docked for Danger--Valentine's Event

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 13th 2015 at 3:19 PM
Last Edited February 13th 2015 at 6:20 PM
Erika/Alyniana

Valentine’s has come to Shard of Titan!

Enjoy the mystery of the S.S. Lovecraft: Docked for Danger.

Check out all the details on the Shards blog!

Post your comments and feedback here.

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 13th 2015 at 8:27 PM
Crisis
Hi all !

Today i wanna discuss about Valentine Event, well it's not just me but other Players have a same problem like me. It's about the balance of the event the lower level player the high chance they can finish the quest, but with high level players didn't enchanted gears or skills enough can't beat it and i can't understand why every time they hit me or my champions they crit about 6k dame.

Regards

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 13th 2015 at 8:50 PM
MrPT
I am not sure if its just because its a new server but although this looks like a great event no-one on s2 kronos over on armorgames is able to partake that has hit level 30.
For me personally i have tried many many different skill setups and cannot even get past killing 1 of the 1st waiters (IGN same as forum MrPT, if you wish to check out my stats).
It would be greatly appreciated if you could look into the upscaling of the event cause right now it is giving all the lower level players a huge benefit with the prizes they can obtain.

I do know that its not the missions themselves and the upscaling as I have gone on to create a 2nd character now on the same server and breeze through the event missions with 0 difficulty, but switch over to my main with what i consider to be excellent stats and can get nowhere.

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2015 at 12:48 AM
Ariel Wilson
This event is way overpowered. I admit, I am not one of the stronger level 30s (Lenne), but even so I have never struggled this much in both SPs and MPs with a full team of strong players. Toning down the strength of the AI for everyone a tad would be much appreciated.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2015 at 8:43 AM
TsukasaWM
Hoooooooooly ****. You guys got completely out of hand with the enemy stats for this event.

35 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2015 at 10:19 AM
Avyctes
Yes I have to agree with the others above, the difficulty is out of whack. When the single player missions are harder than desert heroics I can't help but shake my head and sigh. The multiplayer mission on normal killed me a few times and I have been playing for two months, I have a complete set of epic gear.

TLDR: you fucked up.

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2015 at 12:57 PM
Adam Kay
I can't get pass the first battle. My companions die with two or three hits, and do basically do real damage. It is frustrating.
Post by TsukasaWM deleted February 16th 2015 at 7:43 AM

232 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2015 at 8:22 PM
Last Edited February 15th 2015 at 8:57 AM
Andaho
I'm personally having a lot of fun with this new event, and slotting rods...

I think the difficulty is scaled perfectly for a level 30 player with 80-100k battle rating... but as people have said above, it's way too hard for other players... I tried playing it with my level 27 Ranger (that I haven't played for ages, and have no epic items on)...

Mission 2 with the succubus was stupidly hard... Mission 3 was easier, but still way harder than anything else in the game... I believe I was only able to complete it due to the superior skills a ranger has over the wizard class.

I think you need to base the difficulty on something like battle rating rather than player level (but that would be exploitable by removing equipment - maybe it could be based on the highest battle rating you've ever used in the arena? - something like that?)... or based on the item level/rarity of the best items they have ever equipped?

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2015 at 7:44 AM
Last Edited February 16th 2015 at 9:42 AM
TsukasaWM
Please for the love of god either tone down the heoric event mp or change the achievement to beating the normal version. It's impossible to do solo and I can't find anyone that's willing to go do it due to the difficulty.

Edit: Finally found people that wanted to try it. 4 people, all max level with HoT equipment can't even come close. This is such a load of bs.

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2015 at 11:05 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Everyone,

The devs have taken a pass at the scaling and lowered it a bit. Hopefully it's a little easier now.

Erika

58 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2015 at 1:24 PM
Last Edited February 18th 2015 at 1:50 PM
Adam Kay
Scaled down? It doesn't seem like it is.

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th 2015 at 2:19 PM
MrPT
Hi, thanks yes Chad the chef is much more of a realistic opponent now with approx 40k hp as apposed to the 100k before. Can't speak for the mp the others here are mentioning ad I too am yet to try it as no one wants to run it with max level 30 people due to the difficulty increment on average opponent setting. But Atleast I can now enjoy the majority of the event thanks again.

109 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 19th 2015 at 9:56 PM
DocHoneydew
Didn't seem scaled down at all. At level 21/22 can barely get past the chef and not at all past succubus. Overall a very disappointing event. :(

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th 2015 at 4:25 AM
TsukasaWM
Yeah, didn't seem that much different to me either. It's frustrating because it's otherwise a decent event but the difficulty ruins it.