Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
New Content Released: Mystery of the Restless Ghosts
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2014 at 1:38 PM
Last Edited November 28th 2014 at 1:46 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)

Investigator Kaine has a new mystery for you to solve! An abnormal numbers of spirits in the castle can't seem to move on, and you've been recruited to help quell their troubles and track down whatever is causing it.

Check out this blog post for more details!
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2014 at 2:08 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Just a head up for people theres a bush under the middle bed in the first puzzle zone which can spawn a amberlocked DNA mound if ur on that quest.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2014 at 2:44 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
That spawn location should be fixed now. :D
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 28th 2014 at 3:41 PM
Raymond
like some other smallish fields, there also is a spawn spot top right right under the quest bar if you are full screen on a small screen device.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 3:25 AM
Raymond
the puzzle piece drop rate really REALLY sucks here. at least 1/4 of normal, maybe even 1/5
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 10:12 AM
Finieous
Raymond: I agree with you, although I don't see it as a problem. I've been running at least 3 flux puzzles per day, but only finished 1.5 of the smaller ones in this adventure on the first day. I'm frankly happy that it takes a while to progress in a side quest like this.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 1:02 PM
jpl77
Puzzle drop rate seems fine to me now.... I guess I've been used to the reduce pc drops.

I have no idea how you are doing 3 fluxes a day, you must be spending a lot of BB to keep up that pace!
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 2:13 PM
Finieous
Not at all, just the right runes. Buying energy is inefficient: once you get to a certain situation the limiting factor on progression is playtime (and technique) rather than energy. I usually leave >6000 energy unused every day, which accumulates to the 10x cap quickly. Not even using my Corgi anymore.

Granted, I've been using it all since the flux remix came out :) Almost done with Flux 2.0 now.
Lvl 331 "Mega Power Whacker"
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2014 at 5:24 PM
MiserableFailure Man
I rather enjoyed the puzzle piece drop rate. It made it more fun not finishing it all in a couple days.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2014 at 5:05 AM
Raymond
perhaps I spoke too soon.
The puzzle drop rate in the second field here is at least 10 times as much as in the first field. Way more then any kind of random number generator variability I have ever programmed on anything of mine anywhere.
Not sure if I really like that.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 3:59 AM
jpl77
@finieous I am very curious to know your trinket+rune layout and "technique". Without being confrontational I have to call you out on this as I don't believe you. There is no way to play this game to the level you are saying without exploiting glitches or bugs. To be fair, I'm not calling you a cheater or saying that you found an unpatched hole in the game, but that is only reasonable answer.

Now, if you what you are speaking about is not playing daily, only logging in to store your small energy packs up to the 10x max energy cap while you wait for a new content release, then you are coming from uncommon ground. Most or the 'common' player will log in at least one per day to spend regen energy, use 25 small packs and whatever they farm and find in bushes.

As for runes, the only runes really good for anything are mana. The was a "technique" as you call it, where a player was able to know in advance what rewards from a bush would be so you would power whack any bush knowing the results. That was only thing I've heard in this game that would put a player at near perpetual game play as you set your trinkets for mana and power and gather mana all day. This "technique" was patched sometime ago.

My max energy is 3250, that is enough to whack 120 bushes or 20 power whacks in the flux. Max energy regen atm is 8 per 1min 40 sec, so that takes about 11.3 hrs to do a full regen. Buy not spending your energy below max cap I'd be missing out on 6500 energy a day.

Now forgive me as I hate collecting data from playing this game (it's too hard to track), but this morning I used around 13,000+ energy (not including mana and energy won from bushes) to get maybe 70 puzzle pcs.

So this is why I don't understand how you are completing 3 flux puzzles a day when you aren't spending 12,000+ energy (number comes from the fact you said you leave +6000 energy in your bar plus the 6500 energy from regen).
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 7:28 AM
Zeusinator
So, I am in the 5th room now, after the detective let me deceide which room to investigate next. He says that there is something near around and I should search every chest and night stand. I did. More than once. Clicked everything...but there is nothing?
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 7:33 AM
Finieous
@Jason: I talked about two concepts: a situation that needs to be reached, and a playing technique.

The SITUATION is fairly common knowledge on Armor Games, but I'm not comfortable posting it permanently since some might consider it game-breaking. It doesn't exploit any glitches, but it does change how you enjoy the game if you use it. Pop in over at AG and ask me or just about any other top-ranked player in chat. That said, it does seem fairly obvious from the game mechanics.

The TECHNIQUE is to only spend your energy on tiny bushes, and keep your mana (and power :)) for full size bushes. If you've got the patience for that (I don't) you can essentially play endlessly once you've achieved the situation above. Obviously, the Corgi and the red flare trinket help.

P.S. Your math is correct: I generally leave 6000+ untouched and lose out on roughly the same from lost regen. Note, though, that I said I was using all my energy since the flux remix came out. The "lost energy" comes from days where I just do my daily quests (including the hermit) and whack until I'm bored for the day. It's that "bored for the day" part that makes me uncomfortable posting the details in a permanent venue.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2014 at 3:43 AM
DestKitteh
@Zeus _ I ended up refreshing my page to get unstuck out of that area. A chest is at the bottom of one of the beds. It'll highlight blue as clickable.
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2014 at 4:29 AM
Zeusinator
@Destiny Byles
Yes! I played again yesterday evening after searching every part of every room and suddenly there was this chest. I just cannot believe I am that blind. :)
Lvl 339 "Pro Egg Designer"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2014 at 7:16 AM
Paul Hidding
Servant who has lost his/her rocking chair:- Typo: "My old rocking chair must have disintigrated ...'
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2014 at 7:59 AM
bforget
I've refreshed 3 times and still no chest.
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2014 at 7:59 AM
bforget
I've refreshed 3 times and still no chest.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 8th 2014 at 6:59 AM
Marci Wilson
The chest is at the end of a bed, it does not look like one of our regular chests, rather it looks more like a foot locker...