Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Content Released: Flux Remixed!
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 10:47 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)

One of the most common requests we have from end-of-game players is a way to revisit old Flux puzzles, followed up by a way to use and recombine old Flux trinkets. With the update today, we are doing both!

Check out the Bush blog for all the details on what's getting remixed!

Hit the Bush Blog to see all the details!

Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 11:03 AM
Last Edited November 21st 2014 at 11:08 AM
Jo Helmers
oh cool
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 11:19 AM
Bluji
Agreed, seems like a really neat update :D
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 3:35 PM
Marci Wilson
I am excited!

Also feeling bad for that poor distraught kitty running around... it's lost without Chloe! :(
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 4:07 PM
Last Edited November 21st 2014 at 4:14 PM
Raymond
simple question here that I probably can find out but, if we teleport to flux x or y or z right now with having some puzzle pieces placed or even unplaced in flux 14.0, do the pieces come with us? I actually have 3 more trinkets to collect here so I won't know or be able to try till a few days from now.

but I do want to add, having older flux trinkets is now what people want, I'd say that all trinkets from even flux 13.0 are currently worthless to anyone. It's the ability to do different puzzles, or multiple puzzles... that we wanted.

oh, and where would prior trinkets appear in our inventory. I hope NOT where new trinkets appear. i.e. put them way back at the far end please.
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2014 at 8:52 PM
Last Edited November 21st 2014 at 9:04 PM
Finieous
Puzzles seem to be distinct for each Flux. I'd left Flux 13.0 completed except for one piece (waiting for Flux 14.0) and went to Flux 1.0. Completed that one a couple of times and went back to 13.0 and it was still waiting for me with just one piece left. Popped the final piece (for dust rather than crappy 10K gold). :)

I do wonder if the "waiting for next flux" technique will work now, though. Of course, there isn't much reason to do that anymore.

P.S. Who cares where the trinkets go? The only reason to get them is to trade them in for flux dust. You can clean out your inventory completely.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2014 at 1:10 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
We're planning to maintain the previous behavior when new Fluxes are released. Your progress from the most recent Flux will carry forward, and a new puzzle will be created for the old Flux. So when Flux 14.0 comes out, your progress from Flux 13.0 will transfer into that one, and 13.0 will get a new puzzle that will start at 0 pieces collected.
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2014 at 7:06 AM
Finieous
Thanks for the reply Justin.

That makes sense: people won't lose partial progress on a puzzle. I doubt I'll sit on that final piece anymore, though, since grinding the dust will still provide value for a long time (50 trinket upgrades will need a LOT of flux puzzles).
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 8:42 AM
TsukasaWM
On one hand, this is awesome. On another hand, this sucks for the more casual players. For those of us that don't have a lot of time to commit it's takes long enough to get to the flux as it is. It would be nice to get a way to have more permanent access to the old fluxes. Give us a quest line to open each one up or something. You could repurpose the teleporter for amicus island to go to the older ones. This is a really cool update, but for us casual players is also a disappointing one since we'll likely never get enough time to really get anything done.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 8:58 AM
Raymond
there is a permanent access to the older fluxes right now, inside the flux building. there can be no other, cause one can only do the flux, a flux, any flux, when there is no content to be done by you.
one only gets what one actively deserves to get. if someone is only a casual player then they only deserve what that entails. if one plays a lot then they deserve a lot more. simple game economics anywhere/everywhere
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 10:34 AM
Last Edited November 23rd 2014 at 2:10 PM
Finieous
To point out the obvious, in a perhaps less offensive way, there will ALWAYS be content that casual players have a harder time accessing. Later zones, later quests, higher level trinkets, etc.

To say that it "sucks" that content was added for other players is short-sighted at best, and rather self-centered at worst. The only point where casual players and more advanced players will be on truly equal footing is when content development stops. I doubt that's what you'd want.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 11:17 AM
TsukasaWM
Wow. Awfully defensive in here I don't know why you guys are throwing such poor attitudes over something that was merely a suggestion and honest opinion. I like how I'm the egocentric one, yet it's always the hardcore players that throw the worst attitudes every time a suggestion is made.

I'm not saying give us access for free or with no effort involved. Setting up a quest chain for each flux area would still give players with less time a way to have access to content while still required work to do so. That way those with more time/money have access to everything right way, giving you the advantage while those with less time/money still have access, but it's slower access still requiring work. God forbid we give access to players that don't have as much time/money to invest in the game.
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 2:22 PM
Finieous
I apologize if I misinterpreted your post. I'm not sure why you'd say I was throwing a poor attitude, though... I was just pointing out some things you might not have considered.

Perhaps you were generalizing based on other people's posts you've encountered in the world? Much as I did with yours, I'm sorry to say.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 2:25 PM
jpl77
TsukasaWM, this update actually gives an opportunity for the casual players to finally have access to the trinkets only early adopters or first players of bw2 enjoyed. I can't speak to the truth of it, but I would assume other platforms other than facebook never had the early versions of The Flux.

Now, any player who reaches the end state of the game (and people can get there faster by not doing SBA's, Nate's and Inspector Kaine's quests) get the choice of which Flux they want to work on. Obviously you want to work on the new version to get the best trinkets, but some "casual" players were never able to complete 8/8 trinket set, and now they can. I'm ranked 4th on facebook and I've never played Flux's 1.0-3.0!

Love this update.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 2:51 PM
TsukasaWM
Finieous, it was my bad too then. It's not so much you as I've seen a general disdain toward the more casual players in the past for stuff like this and acted somewhat impulsively.

Jason, yeah I get that, and that's the part I think is awesome. I missed the first couple of fluxes and the majority I never got too far in so I think it's cool to finally have a chance to go back and get the older stuff. I get that side of it. At the same time, my issue is that is that at the same time it's not very balanced towards the players that get to the flux late into an update.

I don't think it would do much harm to have something like a week long quest to open a gate to the 1.0 flux, you go there and then once you have all 8 trinkets you can go to 2.0 and so forth. If you hit the current flux, you have an advantage because you can change between them all you want, where if you don't, then you're locked at the highest one you have all the trinkets for until you do. That way the faster players still get to the stuff faster, but the more casual players don't have to miss out. Maybe the better way to explain it is that the flux is only around for a limited amount of time as is, making it hard for casual players to get there and get the current set, but then also go back, get old sets and then farm flux dust for stuff on top of trying to stay on top of any other updates. What I'm saying is, it's a really cool update, and one that I've wanted to see for a long time now, but at the same time disappointing because I know I won't really get to make much if any use out of it. I'm not saying it isn't a selfish viewpoint, but I don't think it's a completely unfair one either.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2014 at 6:56 PM
Last Edited November 24th 2014 at 10:29 AM
Raymond
UM, the last flux , well the last zone, the volcano was in existence for 4 whole months from June 19 to October 17 when the mushroom came out. and considering that non casual players can get through an update, without sba's and Nates and Kaine's distractions, in about 3 weeks, that's plenty of time to do several dozen fluxes. If one is only a casual player then they get what they deserve I'll say again. Even with this current flux ability I fervently hope that the next zone actually will come out in 2 months like it's been for a long time and hopefully not the 3 months of the time before last and definitely not the 4 months we were just subjected to.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 6:20 AM
Marci Wilson
Though I mostly play daily, I would consider myself a casual player, as I only play once a day, till all my energy is gone.. then I'm done, I have never once paid for further game play and have managed to max out.. I have no issue what-so-ever with this update...

Anyone who has managed to reach the flux, has more to do once they get there, instead of playing the same puzzle for 3 months straight.. You now only have to bother with working that puzzle long enough to collect all the trinkets from that zone and then can go back to older fluxes..

I think what is being argued here is that other casual players, who have never managed to max out on content or reach the flux, get access to older fluxes.. please correct me if I have interpreted this wrongly.

If that is the argument, why? Why should a player that has never managed to finish all the content suddenly have access to what most consider a bonus area that is only accessible if there is no available new content?

Like Raymond said, there are usually 3-4 months between new area updates.. most of us who have reached max level have absolutely nothing else to do BUT grind out flux puzzles... and after a month of that MANY of us get REALLY bored... and yes, most of us have only reached this point in the game within the past 6 months- year. Now we FINALLY have something to do...this update is a godsend to the players that start falling off after gathering 8/8 current flux trinkets... it gives us a chance to go back to early flux puzzles and earn those trinkets that top players have had all along.. it also gives us a reason to collect those items-so they can be traded in for something better. .
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 7:20 AM
TsukasaWM
"If that is the argument, why? Why should a player that has never managed to finish all the content suddenly have access to what most consider a bonus area that is only accessible if there is no available new content? "

Once again, there is absolutely 0 harm whatsoever in giving them access to it. It literally had 0 effect on those that have more time to play and get everything faster. I don't see why people are so opposed to something that has no downside and won't harm any other players. This is not a pvp game, there's nothing bad about giving everyone access to content. If you play more often, you get to the stuff sooner and easier, if you don't then it takes longer and a bit more work, but you're not losing out on it completely.
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 8:29 AM
Finieous
TsukasaWM: You're right, what you're asking for doesn't "harm any other players" or take anything away from them. However, what you're asking for is essentially "give me for free what others might feel they worked for." You shouldn't be surprised that you'll get a negative reaction for that. Even from completely reasonable people.

Of course, what was "given" to those other players doesn't harm you or the casual players either. You are certainly no worse off than you were before, and now have some hope for the end game when you reach it.

Another aspect, which you may not fully recognize, is that the end-game you're asking for (without playing the game to achieve it) is something that most end-gamers have generally felt was a chore (as Marci said). Your assertion that it's a bad thing (i.e., it sucks) to alleviate some of that chore is not going to be received well.

I play on Armor Games, and the first Flux I saw was 10.0. I think, but I'm not sure, that some AG players actually made it to Flux 8.0. Other, even newer platforms, will never have had the opportunity to see those. Now everybody has the chance... it's a good thing.
273 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 8:56 AM
TsukasaWM
"TsukasaWM: You're right, what you're asking for doesn't "harm any other players" or take anything away from them. However, what you're asking for is essentially "give me for free what others might feel they worked for." You shouldn't be surprised that you'll get a negative reaction for that. Even from completely reasonable people."

No, no I'm not. Why does everyone keep saying this. I don't want the areas "For Free" or no effort. The players that have more time/money put in effort to get to those areas, they have the advantage of getting there faster and having more time to spend there, which matters because there is a limit on the amount of time the flux is available. I'm asking for an option that helps remove the time limit for casual players. Make it cost bush bucks, make it require a couple of quests per flux area, limit the number of flux areas you have advantage to, all things things would allow the casual players access to something at their own pace, while still requiring enough work as a trade-off to those who actually get to the flux. If anything it's worse for casual players this way because you're putting in more work then if you just finished the current content, and for a more limited pay off.

"Of course, what was "given" to those other players doesn't harm you or the casual players either. You are certainly no worse off than you were before, and now have some hope for the end game when you reach it."

Yes and No. The new update gives a new trinket, companion, clothing, etc to those that are able to get to the flux and have time to get all that stuff. Does it harm people directly, no. But it's disappointing to see cool stuff and know you're not going to have the time to get it, or have to take several months to get something because you keep losing access.

"Another aspect, which you may not fully recognize, is that the end-game you're asking for (without playing the game to achieve it) is something that most end-gamers have generally felt was a chore (as Marci said). Your assertion that it's a bad thing (i.e., it sucks) to alleviate some of that chore is not going to be received well."

Where have I ever said this? I fully aknowledged that this is a great update for the flux and does make it more worthwhile.

"I play on Armor Games, and the first Flux I saw was 10.0. I think, but I'm not sure, that some AG players actually made it to Flux 8.0. Other, even newer platforms, will never have had the opportunity to see those. Now everybody has the chance... it's a good thing."

Once again, I never once said it's a bad thing. I think it's a great thing to have access to the old areas. I just find it disappointing to potentially lose out on new content just because I don't have as much time to put into the game.