Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Area: The Castle!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 20th 2014 at 11:23 PM
Raymond
they all have been found, and at least the first 2 are too easy to tell you.
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2014 at 12:43 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Raymond, the attitude is not necessary.

Hung Tran, you can find information on the secret areas on the BW2 wiki:

http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/4th_Island_Secret_Bonus_Areas#Secret_Bonus_Area_in_The_Castle_Courtyard
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2014 at 10:16 AM
Jean Davis
I haven't found the one for the Castle Basement yet, but I did find a 'switch' in the far lower left corner that didn't do anything...lol But I'm only on the 2nd puzzle of the last field.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 21st 2014 at 10:40 AM
Raymond
that one is involved with the switch but perhaps 'far' from it is the opening.
Lvl 330 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2014 at 8:05 AM
Hung Tran
Thank you Chloe
Lvl 330 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2014 at 8:06 AM
Hung Tran
Thank you Chloe
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2014 at 7:35 AM
Last Edited January 27th 2014 at 7:58 AM
Raymond
BUG:::
try to play this game on a netbook with a screen resolution of 1024x600 and it's perfectly fine, EXCEPT for now in the Castle, its impossible.
At least in field 3 of the Castle Basement 5 out of 6 bushes are obscured by the quest bar, and the field/puzzle progress bar, and the inventory sack/other icons, and the mana sword and friend whack sword, i.e. all 4 corners, and also by all the boxes and other junk that are in the basement. And not to mention that when even Lumber Trees and Dooty appear they are also in those invisible spots and because of their color are even more invisible.
It had been this way in at least 3 of the other 10 fields so far in the Castle too.

edited to add:
well, at least for now I'm going to avoid that utter crap by doing SBA #44 instead.

But, are beasts there SUPPOSED to be able to actually leave the area by walking out the door and becoming hidden by that back wall for minutes at a time?
And is there supposed to be some kind of difference between value 20 bushes and value 21 bushes? Not even a different color. Kind of like in the Haven Crypts of BW1 as I remember it, or perhaps the beasts of the Halloween event?
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2014 at 7:49 AM
Dave Stone
I hate chat bar on Amicus Isle, Can we have an icon in a corner to open the chat window
instead of a bar permanantly blocking an area where i want to click. It's annoying when you want to travel down and left.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2014 at 8:13 AM
Raymond
I rather have an area progress/mini map to get around on Amicus, yes I do do amicus. we mentioned that last year when amicus was still beta mode. oh it still is...

now not to be a complainer, but WHEN did bushes and dooty and other small stuff start being able to spawn immediately right where you are and thus to not be visible unless you move? I haven't noticed that before the Castle.

I do like the fishing thing you snuck in under the radar. That's if you have fill energy and fish up some fish, your energy decrements by that amount and then re-increments back by that amount to full again. I guess someone complained about never getting any change in the energy fished up achievement cause they were always full when they fish?
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2014 at 8:25 AM
Jean Davis
I have to agree with Raymond about bushes, critters, etc. spawning in hard-to-get places & the bars covering them.

I also agree with Dave regarding the chat bar on Amicus. Thanx for the fishing bonus...:)

ok, Raymond...care to give a hint for SBA 44, please?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2014 at 10:07 AM
Raymond
go to field 4, walk down the left side, there is a nearly obscured (of course) switch, flip it, then back above field 3 is a door.
you should be able to get to the switch and field 4 when finished the second puzzle in field 3. that's how I found the door, I walked back to finish field 3.

I avoid map warping, even mini-map warping if I can on this little net book because of the MASSIVE flash memory leak that DJArts apparently doesn't know exists in their game. Every warp makes the flash process in my task manager go up by a HUNDRED or so MEGABYTES, and it never goes down until I do a reload. a few warps and I'm thrashing page file royally and HAVE TO reload. and its only getting worse as new content gets added. At least in bw1, after the boondoggle bad programming of the underwater zone, things got back to reasonable normal in te areas after that.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2014 at 5:04 AM
DestKitteh
@Raymond, a netbook isn't a gaming laptop - it's basically a small on-the-run document writing machine with extras. But it is not designed for gaming.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2014 at 8:36 AM
Last Edited January 28th 2014 at 8:36 AM
Raymond
And neither is a phone, and some people play this game on phones.

When playing this game on computers other then this I have also encountered the continuously expanding amount of memory used by the flash process, but there it never ran into the limit of main memory.

The fact that it does that IS an indictment that there is some bad programming somewhere in this game that really should be looked at. As I said earlier ;its only getting worse'. And we all see, as do the Devs, many people complaining all the time about loading issues, indirectly related to this and something that makes many people leave this game forever, more evry time.

Too bad I can't find the mau/dau numbers the day before, day of, and day after many releases. Those numbers in BW1 were very telling.
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2014 at 4:04 PM
Dave Stone
Just re-arranged my ranch, And then checked Task Manager, Flash was using just over 2Gb of memory.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th 2014 at 7:18 PM
Raymond
kind of unnecessary don't you think?
I mean, you and I might actually only go to 3 or 4 areas, the Castle, and its SBA's, the commons, the ranch, maybe the Hermits area, and amicus.
WHY does 58 other squares have to be loaded all the time. WHY can't an area be loaded when one enters it. You know, it kind of implies that it does when every time you go anywhere it SAYS 'loading area' and 'entering zone' and 'loading graphics', but that's a lie, everything is always loaded all the time whether or not you ever have gone there in the last nearly 2 years.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2014 at 12:20 AM
DestKitteh
I concede defeat and apologise, Raymond.

I agree with Dave - I spent close to 2 hours redoing my entire ranch, and I had to restart firefox a total of 3 times, and the laptop once. It was draining the system too much.

While on this topic: Has there been any secrets to the castle? Like... Click and collect? Sorry, that makes no sense.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2014 at 8:59 AM
Raymond
tis OK.
You just experienced what many people have almost all the time, or what more and more people finally start experiencing.
You just need a new computer, LOL, you must upgrade 2 times a year to keep up.
this game can no longer be played by grandma's lil-o'l machine that she normally only ever drove once a week to Church.
Lvl 260 "Diamond Finder"
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th 2014 at 9:25 AM
tabzilla
I will also note that thanks to the recent ranch upgrade, I decided to clear out my event items from my inventory and cram them all into my top floor. During this process, Flash crashed four times. And that's on a fairly new desktop machine. I can only imagine the hernia it would have given the netbook I used to use for this game.