| Page 1 2
bushwacker 2 does one big fail
Lvl 55 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 12:36 AM
Exportforce
Hello,

I liked bushwhacker a lot!
And thus I foud it cool to see BW2 being out.
But why the bad F-Word do I now need to gain people I don't know just to get further than map 1 ?

Sorry, this is very fail.
I will collect a few people to see how it goes on, but if you are going it make it like Zynga and I need 10-501 friends to be able to get further, I am very fastly out again. This is really heavily disappointing.
Lvl 339 "Pro Egg Designer"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 1:19 AM
Paul Hidding
You don't HAVE to add people to progress further on the map. There is an option to spend Bushbucks instead.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 1:23 AM
Exportforce
Yes I am aware that I can also advance with real money. But sorry neiher won't i use the "free" money instantly for a bloke or will I instantly buy something with real money after 5 minutes of gametime.

Putting so extremly early such a block into the game is just totally wrong. Sure, like in bushwhacker for extra maps and bonusses ok. But a full block with 3 playing friends who must click and that after maybe 10-15 Minutes gametime is a scare off.

I tried to ask some friends to play because of that and they also instantly said "no" to a game where you must Zynga your friends. (that means to spam friends to advance. nothing good)
Lvl 225 "Diamond Finder"
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 2:11 PM
Skye Fyre
I've played zynga, and BW2 is NOT zynga! Yes, it does require you to have a few other friends that play, but the demands are not that severe, and never get that way. And now they have made it to where you can ask the same friend multiple times over several days to perform the same action (for example, if you need 3 friends to open up a map, then you can ask one friend 3 times over the course of several days to open it too). Even at that, it is FAR BETTER than the million requests a day that zynga requires! And as Paul said, in BW2 they encourage friends but it is never required to keep playing. If you play every day for a week you are rewarded with 4 bushbucks, which can help you open new maps without adding new friends or paying real money. What it comes down to is time. Naturally, with fewer friends it will take more time to progress. But you CAN progress! Give it a chance, BW2 is a great game with great potential! =)
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 2:57 PM
Last Edited May 27th 2012 at 3:00 PM
Exportforce
Okay 4 BB for 7 days.
So Door 1 is 3 Weeks.

But already after the next map there is yet again instantly the next door... *sigh*
And it needs 4 people. This already makes it 3 weeks again.
Sorry I still think that way is really wrong. I know it's a way to advertise and get money, but there are more than enough ways to generate both.

I added a few people and hope it stays at 4 people.
Else thats it for me. too bad, there have been nice improvements to BW1.
But such stuff scares, at least me and almost anyone I know, very off.
Lvl 330 "Diamond Finder"
64 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 5:26 PM
Debbie Johnson
Jen Heitzman I play daily if you'd like to add me as a friend/neighbor I do understand what your saying, I've been lucky all my neighbors from bush whacker 1 added me also when they started playing BW2,, just put Bush Whacker in suggestion area when or if you send me a friend invite, if theres anyone else who needs neighbors for this game go ahead and send the invite !! I'm so looking forward to the next update, i'm hoping its a large one!! Have a good nite everyone! And happy bush whacking!!!
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2012 at 6:48 PM
Joe Gosselin
@Jens : So far i have seem up to 7 neighbours to open a door/obstacle, however you can ask the same people to work on it, there is a 48 hours cooldown to be able to rehire the same player. Meanwhile while waiting for the obstacle to be gone you can work on the other puzzles of previous fields to have 100% of an area cleared and if it's not enough try the secret zones.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2012 at 5:01 PM

I guess it's the devs' way of trying to get the word out on the game and putting in more "social" elements in play.

I don't like it either, but at least the requirements are not as crazy as, say, The Sims Social. And I'm very glad that it auto-adds people on your friends list who already play BW2, and provides a separate list for Bushwhacker players when you need to nag people to open a door/ask for energy. A "select all" button would be nice, though. :D
Lvl 19 "Journeyman Bush Whacker"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2012 at 7:34 PM
Whitney Cauthen
Sorry but I have to agree with Jens. I have very few friends who even play games and even though it's been two days since I requested help it still won't let me ask the friends I do have. If you want to do the you have to have friends help, fine, just do it later in the game. Honestly, if this is the way the whole game is going to go I don't see me playing much longer.
Lvl 225 "Diamond Finder"
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2012 at 8:47 PM
Skye Fyre
I know I have said this several times before on several other threads, but I have to say it yet again because so many people don't seem to get it: you are playing a SOCIAL game on a SOCIAL network. These games have been around for years now, it should not come as a surprise to anyone that this game requests (but does not REQUIRE) a few friends! Facebook has made it very easy to group and compartmentalize your friends so that your game friends do not have access to any of your personal information/posts. That said - go to the "add me" thread and make some new friends! I play several times a day and I don't mind spending 60 seconds clicking on a few other requests before I start playing. Add me! I would love to help those of you who seem to be struggling with the friends concept. Plus I won't boggle you down with news feed posts because, like you, I avoid anything Zynga-ish. =P
Post by Whitney Cauthen deleted May 28th 2012 at 10:06 PM
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 1:40 AM
Exportforce
Thanks Whitney, at least one that really understands my concern.

@Skye
But Bushwhacker 1 had a lot of players too and there it was not such a spam.
I still could ask friends for energy, for Treasures and other friends started as they have seen that they don't need to ask friends for every step of the game.

Exactly that rareness in spamming requests was the point where DJ Arts had my love.
eb, eb2, bw and the Pokemongame seems to be too like the old games. It was great to play that way. i could tell friends: Hey come and play and they only said "nah I hate FB Request Spamming" and I could say: Nope DJ Arts is cool they don't request you to spam others and bam a new player entered the game.

Often less is more.
DJ Arts got their players due to the quality of the games.
Sure, here and there have been a few that are also not able with enough friend power like the events. But that was ok. I ranted on those a few tiume, but still could play the games with no problems.

BW2 is sadly different.
Lvl 225 "Diamond Finder"
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 7:01 AM
Skye Fyre
I played BW1 too, and I recall things a lot differently. Granted, you didn't need friends to progress through the game itself (as with the map unlocks in BW2), but you also couldn't open treasure chests, defeat ogres, and obtain energy packs without having at least 5 to 10 friends. And there were maps locked by friend gates in BW1 too. My point is, BW2 is not a friend spam. It is not like zynga where you need 100 friends to click on 100 news feed posts daily to give you the thousand or so items needed to have anything worthwhile in the game. You can reuse the same friend to open your friend gates if you cannot make new friends to help you play. And they offer you the gate a few puzzles in advance so you can go back to a previous field and continue working on it until your friend gate is open, so it doesn't inhibit you from playing while you wait. And as I said before, you don't "need" friends to open friend gates - if you play long enough you will get the bushbucks for free and can advance that way as well. You want a non-social game? Go download a free app for android, etc. Facebook games are social, and BW2 is one of the least-social games I have seen on FB ever.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 7:19 AM
Last Edited May 29th 2012 at 7:23 AM
Exportforce
@Skye
I made a math on the bushbucks and that only works if you play absolutely daily and not everyone can really play daily because of their work or real life.
Yes you can ask a friend again after 48 hours.
But all that is still blocking you.

atm I only need 2 more puzzlepieces to be, yet again, fully finished and not able to advance due to lack of friends. I added a few people from here which claimed to be "daily players" but only one of them is really clicking stuff. The rest is only spamming their own stuff but not accepting request from others.

So for the next gate I need now either to hope those guys actually DO click or i need 10 days for having one player clicking my request.

Sorry this is just silly.
And I am more than uncomfortable with adding more and more people just to hope to find someone who really clicks stuff. If you are fine with that, it is ok. But please accept other minds too. There are people that don't like that a lot.

And to say "Yeah then piss off and play gameboy" (yes yes just in friendly) is also no help. what you do is trying to force YOUR thoughts into others. I am trying to state something which blocks casual players from being able to have real fun on bw2.

if you want to discuss, please at least try a bit to set yourself into the view of others.

thank you

edit: I just whacked a few bushed with a bit energy.
Now I am FULLY finished with all 3 maps I can use. All have done both puzzles.
Now it's waiting.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2012 at 11:07 PM
deblev53
Hi Jens. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the gates.I'm probably wrong but seem to remember that BW1 had the same thing, early on in the game, you had to have friends click. Here I never asked anyone to play, most my BW1 players who play this came with the game which is awesome since they are awesome friends. I realize you don't want to add strangers, but I DO play daily and you'll get clicks and energy from me so I'm sending you a fr and you can do with it what you will, but I assure you I'm a harmless old lady who is willing to help and wouldn't feel bad if you un-friended me at any time. Whatever you choose, good luck! :)
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 12:34 AM
Exportforce
Hello,

as you can already see here in the thread.
That was only for bonus maps.
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2012 at 9:01 PM
1Pyxie
Feel free to add me. I am a daily player and click any requests that come across on the game.
http://www.facebook.com/1Pyxie
Lvl 102 "Santa Wannabe"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2012 at 7:29 AM
Peter Zammit
Shari, I just sent you a FR. Debbie, you're up next.

By the way Jens, I also agree with you. It is a bit dirty the way theyve changed it.
Lvl 220 "Is Puzzled"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2012 at 3:46 PM
Last Edited June 7th 2012 at 3:49 PM
Kat Vickers
https://www.facebook.com/kittykat3443?ref=tn_tnmn

i am also a daily play, though when adding me please make sure you let me know it's for this game, otherwise i will not accept the add.

i do click help request and check in 2-3 times a day.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 7th 2012 at 4:02 PM
Exportforce
Please do not Post add requests. This thread is not for that!