Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Spring Event
Lvl 317 "Dispenser of Justice!"
128 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 6:02 PM
Stampedelady
How come you have to buy the animals you didn't get from friends. I only started playing so don't have them all. Is there no other way to complete the event without paying for them?
Lvl 200 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2012 at 4:40 AM
Tamir Buchshtav
what do you define "completing the event" as?
You can finish the event bar and get the best ribbon and the gnome without the animals.
the only thing you NEED the animals for is the sword, and swords in this game are vanity only with no stats.
Lvl 115 "Needs More Energy!"
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 20th 2012 at 10:54 AM
Clemonde
every day or so you can ask your friends for a different animal, so don't worry
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 1:59 PM
Jean Davis
Is there a limit/cap on seeds, and will they carry over to next year?
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 2:07 PM
Last Edited May 23rd 2012 at 2:07 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Jean,

No cap on seeds right now. Not sure if they will carry over to next year, it depends on how similar the event is, and if we let you upgrade your ribbon or give out a new one.

-David
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 2:09 PM
Sandra Clay Greenzweig
I see a watering can is required but have yet to find where to purchase of how to find it.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 2:12 PM
Last Edited May 23rd 2012 at 2:12 PM
Hi Sandra,

A Watering can is required to get the "Spring Decorator" achievement and the spring cape. You buy the decorations inside the event area by clicking the store button that appears on the bottom left when inside the garden area. You do not need any of the decorations to complete the event to 100% and get the ribbon and trophy. For that all you need to do is grow enough plants that you fill the event progress bar.

-David
Lvl 61 "Customizer"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 2:55 PM
Yannick Lombardi
If I do 200% for the event (1600 points), did I win 2 gnomes ?
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 3:09 PM
Jean Davis
So the animals will fill the remainder of the progress bar, or do we need enough plants to make it 100% first?
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 3:12 PM
Hi Jean,

Animals count as normal progress, just like plants. There is nothing special going on there.

-David
Lvl 317 "Dispenser of Justice!"
128 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 6:23 PM
Stampedelady
Again I ask why we have to purchase animals we can't get from friends.. Tamir.. completing the event is the spring event . everyone knows that. I didn't join BW2 in time to get the bear cub and it says I have to purchase it when I can't do that. I would like to finish the event. Clemens... please read what I wrote instead of guessing at the answer..Thank you..
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 7:02 PM
Hi Sandra,

The animals were each available from your friends for a limited time. While they are neat to have in your scene you don't need them to get to 100% completion on the event.

-David
77 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd 2012 at 9:49 PM
Katarzyna Szcześniak
Actually Bear Cub should be available tomorrow by friend requests, so you can still get it.
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 12:31 AM
Tamir Buchshtav
Yeah, foxes were the first animal available, followed by bunnies, robins and fawns.

But I will ask again. by "completing the event", do you mean getting the gnome, or getting the gnome AND the 3 customization items?
There's the spring event bar, which rewards a ribbon and a gnome, and there are the 3 achievements.
Either can be seen as "completing the event", and only the sword requires that you have every animal.
Lvl 54 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
46 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 1:01 AM
Edward Paul McGee
It is a relevant term. You do as much or as little as you want. If you want the 2 clothes items and the sword complete the tasks before the event ends. If you want the gnome get 800 Spring Points before the event ends. If you don't want anything skip it and ignore the event.
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 12:33 PM
Jean Davis
I hope the Bear Cubs come out soon since we only have 3 days left!
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 12:37 PM
Tamir Buchshtav
tomorrow.
somewhere between 24 and 36 hours from now, I believe.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2012 at 3:05 PM
Urania Muse
I don't know if this is a bug....lol...but it is funny. I no longer see the "Spring event" but the bacon event. Apparently I have to eat so much bacon that I have a heart attack and die.....just to get the gnome?
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2012 at 7:57 PM
Bert Buck
ok so i have bought 3 watering cans 3 flower boxes and 3 flower pots and yet no green check to finish that event in the spring events, anyone else having problems?
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2012 at 7:59 PM
Hi Bert,

There are 2 types of flower boxes.

-David