Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
For those who complain about the "Gates"
Lvl 33 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2012 at 1:43 AM
Devin Tompkins
If you think about it you guys are just being cry babies. just add some people who already play the game because im sure they will be more than happy to have you on thier BW2 friends list.
I never have a problem when it comes to gates. i always have atleast 15 friend whacks daily and 25 energy packs daily. with energy packs alone that is 2 1/2 bars of energy. Not to mention if you manage to squeeze in a lvl up now we are talking about another bar of energy on top of the full bar when u load up from a long break or getting out of bed.
The friend whacks are great it is like getting free puzzle pieces, power, mana, gold and so forth. But here is the best part... YOU DONT USE ENERGY OR MANA for ur friend whack. I am at an area that requires 4 energy to clear.
4energy x 6 bushes = 24 energy
now lets say buddies were how many times you urself were to whack the bushes.
the number 15 is an example since that is the max friend whacks u can have.
15(quick whacks)x 24energy(to clear 6 bushes)= 360 energy consumed.
so since how i dont have that much energy i could not possibly do that. so i may not be getting the XP for it but i am getting other items from pretty much is worth more than my bar of energy.
All in all stop complaining about adding BW2 friends because the more u have the better off you will be and the faster you will recieve what it is you need as far as getting gates cleared and energy packs.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2012 at 9:15 AM
Steve Osgood
"Cry babies"? Really? DJArts creates a second Bush Whacker that has a requirement -- not an option, but a REQUIREMENT -- to either spend cash or add friends, which the old Bush Whacker didn't have, and we're being "cry babies" for not liking it?

This is the sort of crap that made me stop playing Zynga games. I don't want to pester my existing friends to play a game they don't already play, and I don't want to sign up a bunch of strangers as friends just to play either.
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2012 at 11:38 AM
sunnydee
@Steve.. it's fairly easy now to add "strangers" and keep your privacy, create a list for just your game players and you are good to go. You can select settings for each person you add so that you do not have to see any of their posts on your news feed, you can also block lists from seeing your photos etc, I haven't had a problem with any of the "strangers" I have added thus far.
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2012 at 3:14 PM
Devin Tompkins
I agree with u deb he is just being lazy and wants it done his way. tbh how do u think these facebook games make money to produce other games for the fans or to attract new people. it opens up a community for the game and generate little extra dough on the side. i haven't spent any bushbucks on the gates and with the amount of people i have for BW2 i dont need anymore im pretty much set. you are only handicapping yourself because it isn't the way you want it. i got news for you... that is life you dont always get the things you want the way you want it. so you have to make adjustments.
personally i prefer it this way because i could not stand not being able to move onto areas because my lvl was not high enough. now i can go to any field i want as long as i have the puzzle open the path or my friends open the gates.
So go ahead and dislike the game because you refuse to add a few people thats fine. other people such as myself dont mind it and have enjoyed the game the way it is.
Lvl 32 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 8th 2012 at 3:14 PM
Dan Brundige
Well...Add me for a neighbor :P
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 8th 2012 at 9:58 PM
Jen Lyons
I don't mind the gates as they are, now, but I'm hoping they don't expand the number of friends needed per gate to something more than, say, 10. I appreciate that the devs need to make money, and bush bucks are an option, but I just don't have the cash to spare (if I were working full-time, I'd be playing the game less). I'm not against having game friends, at all, since I've been interacting with near strangers on the internet since about 1993 (yes, I had a 2400 baud modem), but I also don't like harassing my non-gamer friends, and understand that sometimes people pick up a game, get bored, and quit playing, too. I actually do that frequently. Bush Whacker is one of the few that's been enduring for me, and I hope BW2 is one, too, but if it gets to a point where I don't have enough friends to help, that will be frustrating.
Lvl 225 "Diamond Finder"
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 11:41 AM
Skye Fyre
As I've said plenty of times before: Facebook is a SOCIAL NETWORK, therefore it stands to reason that the games will also be social in nature! And go play any of zynga's terribly intrusive, obnoxious apps before you start complaining about BW2 or any of DJarts' apps -- they require 50+ friends PER REQUEST, and that's not including the hundreds of "click on me" items you will require your friends to make in order for you to get anything worthwhile in their apps. The fact that BW2 "requires" a few friends is not uncommon, but the fact that they require so few to get the maximum bonus out of it is more than tolerable! It's GREAT! =P And they are spread out far enough that they don't hinder your progress (you can ask a few friends to open up the gate in front of you while you finish the current zone). All I have is love for DJArts and their apps, please don't ever listen to all these whiners and keep doing what you are doing!
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 11th 2012 at 12:08 AM
Devin Tompkins
i second that skye fyre
Lvl 47 "Needs More Energy!"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 13th 2012 at 6:31 PM
Amber Hankin
I am in agreement with those who dislike the -required- friend gates. Most my friends I already have are not interested and the fact I have to hunt people down in here to find new ones, strangers who I do not know, has turned me off the game and certainly has not inspired me to spend any money on it. I cannot get any further in the game right now because I do not have enough friends who play it and the few I have only 3 have continued to play it. Likely for the same reason I have lost interest. Having friend gates to open extra things is cool ..but to be forced to have them to actually carry on in the game? Not real great. I imagine those people who are in agreement with it either have plenty of friends who play or don't mind buying the game cash.

I should not be -forced- to pester my existing friends to play a game nor should I be forced to add a bunch of people I don't want to.
Lvl 220 "Is Puzzled"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 9:16 PM
Kat Vickers
i don't mind adding strangers, since i never update my FB page, it's only used for a few games or messaging a few people from time to time.
the only reason i signed up was to catch up with an old friend.
if tomorrow i decided i was don't with these games all the strangers would be removed from my friends list.