Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Bug - unable to click the Red X in the top corner
Lvl 68 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:20 PM
Daryl Cooper
My wife is using Firefox, and she's trying to enjoy BW2 like we have BW1. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the game there! The green bar (with FORUM, etc) is over on the right side of the screen at the top, covering part of the game screen, preventing her from exiting out of windows (as required by the tutorial).

I hope this is going to be fixed soon, as it makes the game quite unplayable for her!
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:29 PM
Daryl Cooper
In addition, the Friends bar (and other stuff) at the bottom of the screen is up higher, and larger, in Firefox, making it so she cannot go down a screen. So, she's stuck in the zone she's at now.
Lvl 145 "The Puzzler"
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:31 PM
Sara Wiger
I ran into this problem as well. Did you try going into full-screen mode? (Clicking on the cog wheel on the bottom right.) Or you can change the size of your firefox window. This will shift the size of the game to a point.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:34 PM
Daryl Cooper
Perhaps, but I should not have to adjust the settings of my normal browser to play the game - especially when it works perfectly for BW1, EB1 and 2, and MG. And, full sized mode should not be mandatory either.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:36 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Daryl,

We are not seeing this in any of the firefox versions we are running, can you tell me what version she is using?

-David
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:38 PM
Daryl Cooper
3.6.28. On an HP laptop.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:40 PM
Hi Daryl,

We will see what we can do for that tomorrow, but for now I would recommend Chrome, or upgrading your firefox, they are at version 11 now.

-David
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:40 PM
Daryl Cooper
Her computer does auto updates for things like browsers, so I'm pretty sure it's the newest version. I'll see if I can take a screenshot if it will help - though I don't know how I'd send it to you.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:42 PM
Daryl Cooper
I guess there's a newer one out now. Not sure how it went from that version to 11... anyway. I'll look into that tomorrow for her, and let you know what happens.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:51 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 6:51 PM
Hi Daryl,

Back in April of 2011 they decided to change the version system, since then they have released a new full number version about every 3 months...

-David
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:53 PM
Daryl Cooper
Weird. Not sure why her computer didn't update it. I'll figure that out tomorrow. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem, and we'll both be able to enjoy this new game. :)
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 9:05 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
Firefox was actually weird about the update from 3 to newer ones Daryl. It should have asked her at some point if she wanted to update to the whole new version and given three option. Ask Later, Not Now, Never ask Again or something like that.....for the longest time I actually had kept Ver 3 because there was one feature they changed in the later versions and I didn't like that change that I used regularly but now they have an addon to do it so it works whatever hehehehe. maybe your other half told the screen not to ask again on accident or something though and that's why it never changed to newer versions.
Lvl 428 "Nate's Apprentice"
26 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 4:40 AM
Lorrita Morgan
I'm using Chrome and have the missing/covered "x" problem. I've restarted the game to get out of the inventory screen numerous times.
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 5:26 AM
Shane Johns
I'm on FF 11 and it's hidden as well.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 5:40 AM
Tressy Ouellet
Me, I can't invite friends, when I click any invite friends buttons it does nothing...
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 5:41 AM
Tressy Ouellet
Ok, I've tried with Firefox and its working :)
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 8:57 AM
Daryl Cooper
I've just updated my wife's firefox to version 11, and the problem persists. Is there somewhere that I can send a screenshot to, to show you what it looks like?
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:34 AM
Hi Daryl,

I am actually working on fixing that issue at this moment (actually I am trying to get it to happen first...) You can send a screenshot to david (at) djartsgames.ca

-David
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 12:36 PM
Hi Daryl,

Ah, from the screen shot I can see the issue is the browser is zoomed out, unintuitively this actually makes the game shorter. Press Ctrl + 0 to restore your browser zoom to normal. Make sure to click outside the flash game window itself otherwise it won't work.

-David
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 6:27 PM
Daryl Cooper
My thanks, David. It seems firefox has different zoom settings for different pages, and it defaulted to the zoomed in version on BW2. I tried the zoom correct on another page and navigated to BW2 and it hadn't been fixed, but when I reset the zoom again on the BW2 page, it did indeed fix itself. Thanks, David!

~ Daryl