Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
MORE Nothings bonus
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 10:02 AM
Last Edited December 28th 2018 at 10:08 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I would like some insight into using MORE nothings as a strategy. This keeps ticking around in my brain & won't hush until I gain some understanding.

At first I thought maybe it was a dev joke, but we have several pets now with this bonus. So there has to be something behind it I would think (or hope). Nick said someone asked for it and I would like to know how this strategy is working. If it does then great, otherwise I'm bummed because it seems my choices left in the Flux store pets are limited to pets with this bonus.

I only see pets with this bonus so I don't see how a player could have 100% More Nothings to make this work. If there are mounts (haven't seen a new feed), trinkets or runes with this bonus I haven't seen them.

Is the thought this bonus will act in the same way as less nothings? In that it will give higher ratio for other bonuses at 100?

Forgive me if I'm not using the right verbiage but I think I have stated what I am asking clear enough to be understood.

Thanks fellow bushwhackers!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 10:45 AM
Last Edited December 28th 2018 at 10:46 AM
Flybaby
Rune of the Gambler gives More than nothings. The large gives up to 10%, medium 5% and small 3%. Combining these [to make a more powerful rune], along with equipping the pets, may get you closer to 100%
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 11:08 AM
Raymond
there are a ton of trinkets that turn nothings to gold or gems or other things, even doubled sometimes.
if you have more nothings you get more of that other stuff instead when using those trinkets too.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 12:20 PM
Raymond
things do not need to be 100% to have an effect, it just will not be always.
and somehow you never heard of the rune of nullification? its either explorer camp or cliffs of korak sba, 4 or 6 kinds of runes or rune recipes you quest to unlock, something like once a week or once a month till you got all those.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 12:44 PM
Flybaby
Armymom, I'm sure you are wanting to increase your odds of getting nothings if you want to take advantage of all the trinkets that turn nothings into something else.

Rune of Nullification Recipe is available in the Expensive Store. Teaches you to craft runes that grant increased Nothing odds.

The runes recipes from cliffs of korak do not increase your less than nothing odds
https://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cliffs_of_Korak
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 12:50 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I will look at the items you listed. I have the rune recipes. I interpreted them as less nothings. I understand the nothings turning into something else, those fall into less nothings in my head.
Good stuff guys. Let me check and I may have more questions. Thank you!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 1:17 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I looked at the Nullification and see the + for nothings. It's not a rune I use so hadn't paid attention to it's value.

If I am understanding these essentially do the same thing. I'm getting caught up in semantics.

I have only seen comments of Nothings at 100%, don't remember anyone specifying if they meant More or Less Nothings.

The Flux horse is the only mount I have found (so far) with this as a base bonus. Is there a feed for this? I see Lupins which says is for nothing odds, I have used this for Less Nothings. Would it work for More nothings also?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 3:23 PM
Raymond
wasn't there another question by you less then a month ago. where less nothings vs more nothings were discussed, and a possible reason for more nothings. and that one REALLY really has to NOTICE simple things like - minus and + plus.
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=23996
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 3:51 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Yes Ray but that was a different situation. I since then have been VERY aware when looking if it was there. There hadn't been a pet outside of the Flux store with this bonus I had seen before. I did notice those in the Flux store but whatever reason I did not notice it for that pet.
Since then I have been wondering about this bonus. I know you are trying to be helpful but sometimes it comes across as talking down to people.
Thanks for the other helpful comments.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 7:32 PM
ArmyMomOkc
So to close this out. From the info shared and my own pondering I get how to use this bonus. I see using it for example with an as mentioned nothings to get "X" to get more of "X" from more nothings.

I have said before I over analyze and breaking it down helps me see it in a more simple light. Now I see many useful possible combos.

I have learned very much in this forum. Today brought a tweak to my current strategy I'm excited to try.

Thanks again :)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 28th 2018 at 10:49 PM
Flybaby
***Thumbs Up***
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 29th 2018 at 1:56 PM
Last Edited December 29th 2018 at 2:07 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Flybaby I so agree with >>>>>"""""""Thumbs UP""""""

Armymom...well stated !!!!!!