Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
North Pole fishing
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 21st 2018 at 1:16 AM
Mummo
Is anyone else having problems with this? I cannot fish, have the quest shown but won't let me fish. I have had problems with this on other days, but usually refreshing solves the problem, but not today.
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 21st 2018 at 1:49 AM
Mummo
Finally got it to work, I don't have any problems with other quests, just this one.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 21st 2018 at 12:00 PM
Rebecca Beattie
I had a bit of fishing weirdness. I did a stocking fish quest and on turn in I immediate got a new stocking fish quest. I did have the right trinkets in to get a 5% chance of immediate repeat on a quest... so far so good. Next I fished up about 7 stoking fish of the 8 needed and the quest vanished. I put in a ticket because I was confused. The devs don't seem to see the second quest either .. or maybe I don't understand. At any rate, I'm ready to move on. If the devs want to look at it more its ok but I've just put it on a mental stack of stuff called "that was weird"
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 21st 2018 at 3:00 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I have had problems with this one too. I have completed the fishing & chase the NPC around and can't click on her. So I found if I re-load I can click on her and complete the quest. It has happened 3 times, just this quest. Not a big enough of an issue to do a ticket, probably my computer.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 21st 2018 at 7:29 PM
Rebecca Beattie
I click just in front of her feet ... seems to work well
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 22nd 2018 at 5:53 AM
Mummo
AmyMomOkc, I have difficulty in starting fishing, get the NPC no problem, then cannot get to click on the ice hole. Seems strange, perhaps both our computers? Seems unlikely. As you say not worth a ticket, just irritating.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 22nd 2018 at 7:41 AM
Rebecca Beattie
I have to approach the hole and stand just north of the hole to start it. I cant click on the hole and expect my avatar to walk over and start fishing. If I'm inside the fishing zone, as I call it, my screen shows my bait selection and then I can fish.

So a fishing question. Is Stocking fish a daily quest??? I havent seen the quest for more than 24 hours now... any thoughts....
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 22nd 2018 at 7:53 AM
Rebecca Beattie
never mind... Stocking Fish is back
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 22nd 2018 at 8:29 PM
Last Edited December 22nd 2018 at 8:30 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Now the fishing is getting more weird. I finished the quest and now can't get out of fishing. It's letting me throw casts from even outside of the ice pond. This pic I'm on the edge, just before I was up further but you get the idea.

https://prnt.sc/lyijzu

I have been all around the event area & it won't change. I will exit & am sure it will go back to normal. Just thought I would share another oddity of fishing at the North Pole.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 22nd 2018 at 11:07 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Nice picture...

I can see it now; in the future we bush whackers will say "its like fishing at the north pole" when we want to say something is weird
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 8:15 AM
Flybaby
That's really funny, Armymom. I haven't had that happen to me, although the NPC has "frozen" up when I try to accept the quest or turn it in, and I have to reboot.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 9:36 AM
ArmyMomOkc
LOL Rebecca :) Will have to use that! Now I have a ? over Santa's house that won't go away. I don't have any quests in there, have clicked all around. The North Pole is magical, or misbehaving because the devs are getting a break :)
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 11:26 AM
Rebecca Beattie
check out the grumpy elf
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 11:41 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I did, that is what is odd. I reloaded & now it's gone. Telling ya' gotta be the magnetic or magical field up there :)
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 4:43 PM
Rebecca Beattie
lol
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 4:46 PM
Rebecca Beattie
I just gave grumpy his hot water. Now he wants chocolate chip cookies and the gold ? decided to hang out over the door.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 23rd 2018 at 5:20 PM
ArmyMomOkc
That's what happened to me. Even after I took care of grumpy & had no other quests left to do the ? was there.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 24th 2018 at 10:05 AM
Last Edited December 24th 2018 at 10:07 AM
Rebecca Beattie
OK, anyone know if Stocking Fish is a daily repeatable quest? (or supposed to be)

I thought it was a daily quest. Last time it showed up I was feeling like it was late on the 20 hour cycle. I wasn't sure since I hadn't been tracking it but I had the feeling that the other 20 hour quests I turned in with it had re-set and I had picked them up.

At that point I posted above asking if it was a daily quest. And almost immediately it re set and i did it again.

Now its more than 2 days since I picked up the quest and definitely more than 20 hours since I turned it in last.

There is no sign of it.
I checked the cool down list.. not there
I checked with the NPC and nothing. I thought the ! might be missing.

So its still possible it cycles at 48 hours and I'm not remembering how long it took me to turn it in...

or there are only so many times it can be played before it vanishes. ..

or its broken and should have a ticket... but the devs are on a well deserved break.

any thoughts?
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 24th 2018 at 1:05 PM
davepagsny
It seems you get either the fishing or snow removal quests daily. Not both. At least that is what seems to have happened to me.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 24th 2018 at 1:10 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I noticed the same and agree with davepagsny. This is day 2 of heavy snowfall instead of fishing.