Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Whacking 10 million bushes
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 8:37 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Raymond, we all are different. We all play different amounts.

My struggle in life is to remain healthy enough to work full time. Because of a chronic health problem I don't manage to work as consistently as I'd like. At home I spend more time than a healthy person would sitting down. BW2 helps with that.

I have family that would judge me harshly if they knew how much time I spend on the game. You see my health problem is one that considered "invisible". I won't get into what that means entirely but it does mean that I've had lots of well meaning criticism in my life. My choices are easy to misunderstand and judge.

So why am I wondering off in this direction. .... I guess I don't need to know how each player plays. People who spend more time on the game than I do are making a choice I don't. Sometimes in game play I am reminded of something Dr. Who says. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". (Apparently that is Arthur Clark's first law)

When you do calculations like you did above I have no desire to follow in your footsteps. I am happy to respect your "super power" and wonder at the magic of you calculations. I'm actually more likely to spend some time whacking level one bushes than working the calculations... Whacking low level bushes sounds like it could be pleasantly distracting if I were forced to rest for more hours than I wanted to tolerate.

I, like you, have the desire to analyse things. I enjoy the challenge. My job mostly fills the need so I don't do it as much as I used to for recreation and distraction. I do know that if I analyze another persons actions it is easy to look like criticism. I am still learning to say things so my caring and good will shows up and my critical thinking doesn't look like criticism.

OK too long of a ramble. Sorry for getting off topic.. I do that too easily in MBs

See you all in the game
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 9:26 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Rebecca

I understand & have similar circumstances as you do. I was a business analyst for most of my professional life. So, I find myself doing my own analysis at times :)

I have days I play 12-14+ hrs. I have been playing about a year & a half and have achievements that in "normal" play would take much longer to attain. It's nice on my platform others cannot see my achievements and question how I got them. The only progress others can see is if they are VIP and then it's only my level and my event score. My event score has been questioned but I don't feel I need to explain myself to rude "are you a bot or what?" type of inquiries. I do share what I do for those who ask out of genuine curiosity.

I have learned a lot from others how to play smart & and that has made it so the $ I spend on the game is less on more energy as I did on the beginning and more for pets & fun items I want. One of the things that keeps me playing is the challenge of continually improving my strategy.

I don't see your questions or thoughts as critical. I like your questions & pondering.
We all communicate differently and it can be very hard to distinguish at times if comments are critical or just a person sharing their view of how things work.

Hugs sweet lady :)
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 11:04 AM
Rebecca Beattie
back at chu
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 11:35 AM
Raymond
i am not criticizing or anything, just showing how i think that one particular method is hard if not impossible (easier with an autoclicker but still a large part of a day to use up energy and i state no energy to do dailies and other things too unless do those first then use what is left for the achievement thus a lot longer but not years).

i myself am between jobs, been this way a bit, i consider myself semi retired. i have played on many days for hours. others may think i am on 24/7 as it may seem that, but i simply keep game open forever. wish chat had at least a once every 10 minute timestamp. more importantly i have used an advanced programmable autoclicker to do things like mischin fishing and the recent quivering fishing and sometimes the pillar reaction trial. BUT i did use the clicker for a couple days with my excess energy on a field of mysterious forest and a couple more days in lower evergreen just quick whacking+mana whacking+power whack a certain spot. my experience i relayed but will say again. mana does not refill nearly infinitely like in flux (or high areas). the number of bushes/beasts whacked seemed totally insignificant. i.e. did not seem a viable way to whack the 4.2 million and 213 thousand I(not to mention the 9 million more on some achievements after those).
my clicker did, in the flux, get me 400 gratuity levels within the course of my runes (the personal mission i mentioned) but near infinity seems somehow to only work on high areas. If my experience there is wrong then i would love to know.

sorry for the long ramble. i tend to be verbose. but i think all this is concise and this time without math LOL
Post by tgcougar deleted March 24th 2020 at 12:36 PM
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 1:26 PM
Raymond
i feel for you. but want to say to others that may follow in your footsteps. do not spend all your gems or gold early on. you do need some for things that are important, you may need some for things that are not important but possibly desired. there will be plenty, more then enough of both, when you get to the flux. or don't, your choice.
i have bought everything that one can for gold and gems, i have all but 8 achievements (not counting this current event). actually there are 2 things i need to buy, both cost 30 diamonds. all else i have. I am currently low in gold and gems, under 6 million and under 21 diamonds but will get more then enough given time.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 1:28 PM
Last Edited December 13th 2018 at 1:29 PM
Raymond
p.s. great discussions are ones that have lots of viewpoints and sometimes contention but more importantly lots of information
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 13th 2018 at 6:34 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
To assist in clearing up any misconceptions, I started at very early levels whacking level 1 bushes, after having completed daily quests. Not when at 6K energy level. I no longer whack level one bushes, there is no need to, obviously, when I don't run out of energy. Do try to think outside the box sometimes :D
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2018 at 12:42 PM
Last Edited December 14th 2018 at 12:50 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Wow,,,,I have whacked 5,174,369/10 mill bushes and 825,451/1mill.. monsters
(not whacking at level 1 bushes.)TO boring for me....but gl all..who does..

Everyone plays differently and I play HOW I want too..with good results..

It will be 6 yr playing BW2 Dec 28/2018...so I am doing good and happy with results...So I guess another 5 odd yrs for the last 5 mill for bushes,,,,ahh but no biggie..)..

AnyHOO......gl and enjoy BW2,,I sure do....

GRATS,, Kate on 10 mill whacked bushes..
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2018 at 9:08 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Is there any way inside BW2 to find out how long I've been whacking? I came over from BW near the start but I don't even remember the year. I also think I was slow coming over because of work or stubbornness or something. I would love to see the date.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2018 at 9:27 PM
Last Edited December 14th 2018 at 9:56 PM
Raymond
days in a row loyalty. but that can get reset.
in your profile is unique days. a more useful thing. not in the sack, next to forums. but as this needs 'logging in' similar to using djarts tokens it may not work for everyone. and one of these stats can be 'glitched' i think it may require actually closing and opening the game each day to register, not simply talking to town crier for latest news which can be used to register one of these stats. i.e. keeping game open forever, or for as long as flash lets you, may increment one of these stats and maintain loyalty if you talk to town crier but the other stat may not increment.
another way may be in facebook to see when you 'added' the game. but that does not show you actually played since then.

my stats 2307 days in a row. 2330 unique days. but these should only be 14 days diff. i see a post in fb that i 'played' bw2 on July 30, 2012. I know i played a bit of the first 4'th of July event. I know i was in 'beta' in March 2012 and actyally joined sometime after that first 3 months i was in the hospital.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2018 at 4:44 AM
Raymond
the stats shown in the profile next to forums have a few more thing then the stats shown in the sack.
http://prntscr.com/lva2r9
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2018 at 7:02 AM
Last Edited December 15th 2018 at 7:20 AM
Flybaby
Rebecca,
I play on BF, and I can see days played in the Daily Reward section of the "Latest News" that pops up when you open the game. But, as mentioned in the post above, it's possible for it to get reset if the game goes down. But Nick fixed that for most, if not all of us the last time the game went down.

Another way you can get a "rough" estimate is to look at the age of the first pet you owned. It may not be the exact date you started, but it'll give you a rough estimate, which is probably all you're looking for.
For example: My days played on the Daily Reward/Latest News pop-up shows 1876 days, and my first pet is 1859 days old, so it's pretty close.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2018 at 7:53 AM
Rebecca Beattie
When I log on it tells me continuous days played. but each time I miss a day it resets to zero.... At least thats what I've been thinking... guess Ill test that before I post. My first pet??? good idea Ill look
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2018 at 8:05 AM
Last Edited December 15th 2018 at 8:06 AM
Rebecca Beattie
OK,

Daily rewards as of today 763 days... or about 2 years of unmissed days

First pet 2144 days old or almost 6 years ago. If I calculated correctly my first pet was obtained approximately Feb 1 2013...

and, oh yeah, I'm on FB not BF
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2018 at 8:13 AM
Raymond
pets were invented around Thanksgiving 2012. that turkey and the Christmas snowman and reindeer were not initially pets, are the kind one has to convert. your first pet is around when actual pets came out.
at bare minimum guess perhaps add a month or so before your first, to have built up the commons to have a stables and ability to hatch and raise pets.

you can also look in your ranch inventory and see what your earliest event ribbon is, perhaps see what your earliest event custom items are (unless you buy prior year ones for achievements). ribbons i do not think are identified very well.