Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Items for less nothings not adding up
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 12:12 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I did put in a ticket for this but thought I would ask the thinkers out there if I have missed something that explains why my less nothings odds appear to be incorrect.
Will help Nick if we can figure this out if I have overlooked something simple.

My profile shows I have 67% odds which doesn't match the odds of my pet + trinkets + rune.

Here is what I have...

Brittle Bones max level = 20%
Rune of Mystics (2 days left) = 30%
Call Bell = 13.4%
Super Trinket = 15%
Pocket Piranha = 9%
Flux Parched Cornucopia = 14.6%

Which totals 102 (100% max)

My trinkets are 52 total leaving at 15 difference to total the 67 shown in my profile.
What am I missing? I'm no math genius. However, this should be simple and I can't even figure out what combo is giving me 67%

Normally I have 100%, the only change I have made in the past couple of weeks is my pet.

Helpful thoughts or solution is appreciated.
Kindness is very appreciated :) (blonde moment is entirely possible)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 12:37 PM
Raymond
what is brittle bones? i do not have that yet.
a picture is worth a thousand words. post a picture of your change tricket screen showing those six you are using and the line showing that it only adds to 67.
p.s. you do not have any nothings from a pet (quite possibly true). or from a mount (not possible i think at least some should be from one)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 12:40 PM
Raymond
i.e. http://prntscr.com/lro5hx
i have a lot from my pet and some from my mount, none from my current swords/rune as i am saving up on dusts/powders for next month.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 12:48 PM
Raymond
you might not be using the trinkets you think you are using, if you take out super trinket and brittle bones it exactly equals 67
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 2:08 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond, I forgot about my mount. I will check it. I did my post & ticket from pics I took & I wrote down the info for each when I was looking at each item I listed.

https://prnt.sc/lrmes5 (profile)

https://prnt.sc/lrml9p (runes on my sword)

Here is the response I got from Nick - -

Hi ArmyMomOkc,

I just checked the data, and the Brittle Bones pet's default bonus appears to increase Nothings, instead of reduce them. I suspect that might be why your bonus isn't bigger.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Nick

----
So now I am VERY confused. The Brittle Bones pet is a reward for doing a quest in the last SBA of the Salt Desert.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 2:48 PM
Raymond
of course there is a difference between + and -
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 4:32 PM
Last Edited December 6th 2018 at 4:36 PM
Flybaby
Makes sense now that Nick explained it. So your brittle bones pet was counteracting your -nothings! I have the brittle bones pet, but have not equipped it. Still, it's good to be aware of, as the + and - can be easy to overlook.

If you add your other -nothings it totals -82
Add your +nothings and your total goes down to -62
That's not taking into account what your mount has.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 4:35 PM
Raymond
if you use the super trinket and less gold runes of charity you have the same effect but on gold. when i use charity i do not use super
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 6:37 PM
Last Edited December 6th 2018 at 6:57 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I thought the + was just a visual error. I did notice I was getting more gold and something seemed wrong. Now I know. Oh well. I changed to a LaaLaabomba and all is right again.

Brittle Bones will stay in storage unless I decide to change his bonus in PAGAS. Lesson learned. This makes me wonder would anyone want more nothings? Also, why would the devs offer an upgrade for 50BB on a useless pet? (at least useless in my opinion)

1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 6:40 PM
Last Edited December 6th 2018 at 7:30 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Flybaby

I don't remember if you put info in the wiki for the Salt Dessert about this pet, but if so the bonus info should be updated with a warning.

Update:
Never mind, you have it correct.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 7:59 PM
Raymond
there is a reason for more nothings, i am sure.
people said the same thing when charity first came out. why would anyone want less gold.
pagas can only change pets to basic effects and some older special effects. will never have less gold as many people wish. i also am sure there never will be less gold trinkets. only the runes that cost such rare powders.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 6th 2018 at 9:54 PM
ArmyMomOkc
I get the gold thing. More nothings not yet. If there is a strategy where more nothings is used I'm really curious what it is.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 11:47 AM
Flybaby
If I were to use a more nothings bonus, such as Brittle Bones, I would take off all my minus nothing trinkets, and equip anything that changes nothings to mana, power, etc. So whacking up nothings would then be profitable.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 11:58 AM
Last Edited December 7th 2018 at 11:59 AM
Rebecca Beattie
It seems that when I whack a nothing item it only gives me one of the thing its exchanging for. Seems a bad exchange. any thoughts?
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 1:33 PM
Last Edited December 7th 2018 at 1:39 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Hmm Flybaby, that is an interesting idea. More LESS nothings as you know will give you at least one of something (gold, mana, power) so I'm trying to picture it. I get with boosted others getting more of those but would have to test if it with 100% more nothings I think to see if still got more of the other 100% bonuses.
[edited]

Rebecca, I'm not sure I'm understanding. When you get a nothing it's just that nothing. With less nothings you get at least 1 of something instead of the nothing. Seems good to me. Hmmm
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 1:37 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Just another thought I had 100% mana and varying %s of others with the more nothings. I looked at my profile because I was increasingly doing worse as my Brittle Bones leveled up, so I'm still not sure.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 8:56 PM
Flybaby
Well one thing we know for sure, the Brittle bones plus nothings negates the minus nothings, which will surely bring down your -nothing attributes. In other words:
-10 added to +10 equals "0"
But it might be fun to experiment and see what happens if you try to increase your nothing odds rather than decrease the odds. More than likely, you may make out better with the Mana, power, or energy odds depending on how you set up your trinkets.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 9:24 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Army, I just did some whacking of bushes one at a time and yes, you get one power or manna. I think that what caught my eye some time back was that i I power Whacked and got a power or manna instead of nothing I only one instead of multiples.

After that I minimized the nothing to something things so Im not sure how to check it now.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 7th 2018 at 9:26 PM
Rebecca Beattie
We also might find that the devs have a devious side ;)