Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Stage transition time reduction

594 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd at 2:54 AM
Teschio
Would it be possible to have a talent (or something to buy with rubies, once you implement more uses for them) that shortens the transition between stages? I spend more time changing stages than I spend on actually completing the stage requirements, some way to reduce the transition time would help immensely in speeding up runs.

Make it very expensive if you want, but I think it would be a nice addition for a lot of people.

594 Posts
Link to post - Posted Friday at 4:31 PM
Teschio
With the introduction of The Wolf King, the previous suggestion is even more relevant, since there is no way to keep his Bloodlust bonus between stages (the transition takes more than 4 seconds, even if you manually press the forward arrow key to speed it up), turning an already mediocre ability into am almost useless one, especially since Rex is on the same slot...

412 Posts
Link to post - Posted Friday at 6:06 PM
Animenut
Previously, I might have said "Okay, the transition wait time is...kind of annoying, but not too big a deal", but NOW, with the introduction of Wolf King, I have to side 100% with Teschio. So in regards o ideas to speed up the process...

-Remove the "move to the right side of the screen" animation, instead having the process JUST be the wipe. Toggleable, of course. Saves about 1 second.

-It's much less visually flashy and a little jarring, but just...insta-transition. Just "blip" to the next screen. Maybe implement a pre-load function so the game loads the next area the moment you enter the current one, that way there's no need for the wipe to allow load times between areas. Again, visually, it would look a bit awkward, but this would be an optional feature for if the player wanted it this way. Saves about 3 seconds (transition happens after "Area complete!")

-If you still don't want to reduce the transition length, then just bump Wolf King's ability up to 6 seconds to last long enough between transitions.

594 Posts
Link to post - Posted Yesterday at 7:43 AM
Last Edited Yesterday at 7:47 AM
Teschio
Personally, I find it awkward that we have all these features to speed up runs (Sprint mode, crusaders that speed up waves, those that increase pickup speed, those that give double drops), and we have a bottleneck that we have no way of improving, the transition time. Using formations optimized for speed can only take you that far, when you spend more time changing stages han clearing them (and yes, until I am very late in a run and I have to change formation to optimize for DPS, transitions take 60-70% of the total run time...).

Obviously, I'd prefer a "free" solution, meaning a feaure available to all, but I realize this could severely shift the game balance. I think the best solution would be a crusader, or even better a talent: 50 levels, each reduces transition time by 1%. It doesn't matter the cost, I would immediately respec to max it :D

412 Posts
Link to post - Posted Yesterday at 8:16 PM
Animenut
At the moment, respecing would cost me more than 50mil, but you know what? Worth it. If that 4-second transition time was cut down to 2 seconds by the maxed talent, that's saving me 2 seconds per 1559 non-sprinted areas, which is 3118 seconds, about 52 minutes. If the reduction also affected sprint areas, that's 2059 areas, 4118 seconds, about 68.5 minutes. That'd shave a whole FIFTH of an entire run's time off. I'd make that 50mil back pretty fast with 4-hour runs.

594 Posts
Link to post - Posted Today at 5:09 AM
Teschio
Damn, area 2059? How can you reach that? :D I have 423M idols, but I'm nowhere close to that...