Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Loading issues
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 10:51 PM
Rebecca Beattie
Often when I move from one area to another the new area stalls out and can't finish up. When that happens I often reload the game. Now comes the frustrating thing. Sometimes when I load the game the loading stalls at the point where the bar is 2/3s to finished. Its just after the green bar crossed the "s" in "Loading Graphics..." Tonight I've tried 3 time to reload. Quitting now.

is this worthy of a ticket or is posting here enough?
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2018 at 11:39 PM
Last Edited May 30th 2018 at 11:40 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Rebecca..

If that happens to me I would go right out of game..then .Reload game an while it is loading I keep pressing play 2 or 3 times to give it a good joult to load better...and faster...

YOU can Also try closing everything then go back into browser and clean cookies temp files etc..Then reboot puter.
I also would try cleaning ur registry files....I do it all the time at end of the day..and I do a defrag..if ur prob is really bad then again reboot puter...

IK these have helped me with the game....a few times..I keep my puter clean as much as I can....after playing BW2...etc.
gl :)
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 7:12 AM
Rebecca Beattie
alls been tried many times except defrag.. was hoping that the location of the stall would give devs a clue... although I have to imagine they know what this is.

I also know I use an older smaller computer than some but I also bet that others play on older equipment in parts of the country (or world) with slower internet providers.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 7:48 AM
Last Edited May 31st 2018 at 7:54 AM
Rebecca Beattie
ok getting in now... no time left to play but...

This was a god reminder that defrag runs weekly (for me) on Windows 10. I did reboot the computer and that helped.

It almost seems like the number of BW locations that I've opened (refreshed, walked through) since rebooting the computer is the issue. I realized that I am expecting that I will have a slower time moving from location to location in the game.

Not sure if I said that right and not sure if my instinct on this is accurate.

For example... I'm in the Commons... as I walk through it the first time my computer needs to load sections f it and slows down as I reach certain break points inside the Commons.. Once I've done that once I can walk through more easily until I reboot (and not sure if that is reboot the area, game or computer)

Soooo I'm wondering if that effect is related to the inability to enter the game by rebooting or move between areas... like using the teleporter or map to move.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 7:56 AM
Last Edited May 31st 2018 at 7:58 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Yeah defrag is awesome...cleans all the crap from site etc...games.......I defrag/reboot about 3 times a week.....and what a diff........
Glad to hear all is good now....

Make sure you have memory for games...I have over 100 gig...so I am good..
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 8:04 AM
Rebecca Beattie
over 400 gig... but issue is still there... needing to reboot the computer each time i play in order to have the game work is less than optimal... hoping the devs have in game plans to help solve this issue.. (and yes i love the game and am not going anywhere)
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 10:39 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for posting.

Very sorry to hear about your loading issues! We're aware of some exceptions being thrown occasionally that might be causing similar issues for players, particularly when changing areas. We'll look into these when we have the time!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Nick
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 10:44 AM
Raymond
after one clears flash cache and reloads game there are 2 questions in a row. of the 4 possible ways to answer, yes yes or yes no or no yes or no no, one ends up with minimal ever blackscreening upon lots of teleportation. that is NO YES. but also keep clearing flash cache once a week and put up with slow first time loads and first time going anywhere or doing anything like look at inventory...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 11:22 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I don't what is going on, I have had loading and freezing issues all week. I haven't problems this consistent before.

I did what Raymond recommended to my router and everything else.

It's happening on both of my computers, both are less than a year old. I'm computer tech literate and am at a loss. :(
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 11:58 AM
Last Edited May 31st 2018 at 11:59 AM
Barbara Tompkins
ok good Nick commented that is good...But Istill do the latter I stated and it works for me........just saying...game is so much better for me...to play going from one area to another....today , yesterday etc etc..it is working awesome after all I do above :)...
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 12:26 PM
Last Edited May 31st 2018 at 12:28 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Barbara, yes what you do normally works for me too :)
It may be my ISP, we have cable and the fastest tier, so I normally fly through everything I do. Every so often they will be working on their network that might cause little issues.
School is out for the summer so there would be more usage on the network. That will also cause things to slow down during peak times.
I will try some patience and try rebooting our whole house this evening.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 1:02 PM
phagras
We've had problems before where a Flash update has caused memory leaks leading to the sort of area transition problems you're describing. There were updates to Flash earlier this month, how long has the problem been happening?

A note on defragging. Do not do it if you have an SSD. They use something called wear levelling which means the files are scattered over the drive anyway. All you'll do running a defragger is shorten its life. Won't do any harm to a conventional spinning platter drive though.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2018 at 6:05 PM
Rebecca Beattie
currently I'm ok... left computer up today as I went to work.... will continue to track it a bit... I often want to keep the computer up which directly conflicts if rebooting is what i need to do to optimize BW2 sigh... life is tough.. (ok minimal sarcasm. But honestly I do need t remember that these are quality problems)
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2018 at 10:10 AM
Last Edited June 1st 2018 at 10:35 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Rebecca...

If you don't have a SSD a Solid State Drive..( which is used for manyyyy files coping & file deletions a week )...and I don't.. then it is ok to defrag every 2 weeks or one a month ok.. Which I do..

Hope all works out well for you.....So I keep my puter clean at all times and I am sure you do as well.

gl :)