Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
I play BW2
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2018 at 9:58 AM
Rebecca Beattie
thought this might be an interesting thread.

I play BW2. For me the operative word is play. Now honestly my version of play still probably includes a bit more use of analysis that the average bear. Well I guess in many ways I'm not an average bear. But this is all an aside.

The core of my thoughts here is the word "play" and what exactly is "play.

My first thought is that play expresses its self in a personal way... changing this way and that depending on the person doing the playing.

For me play includes experimentation, doing things in a less than business like way. Failing to me completely prepared. A big helping of silly; have to admit silly is hard for me. Going off to do things half baked and willing to see what happens.

I guess the above means I don't read all the instructions. I do stuff and see what happens.

Another side to playing BW2 for me is the ritual value. I do the same stuff as the cobwebs drift out of my brain in the morning and the coffee takes effect. I get an early morning hit of feeling effective as I finish some goal inside the game.

I love that there is a place to talk to each other and the devs. I can use all the added social I can get. I love the references to various parts of "real" life. I just found a stack of DnD books in Cere A... (dont want to spell that place) It brought back memories of another stack of untouchable DnD books.

I have a bit more time and while poking (or maybe polkaing) around the game I realize how many things I could be doing if I felt inclined. What i don't do reflects on my "real" life . I don't fix up my house (my real house needs a lot of attention to meet my dream for it and I don't tend to do that either). I do very little for holidays but my imaginary self celebrates holidays and throws parties.

I just looked through my game "Achievements" and noticed that I've never played golf on anyone's golf course.

I find this lovely silly game a pleasant escape, a gentle testing ground for my values and preferences, and a ritual that has lasted years.

So how do you play the game. What gives you satisfactions and keeps you coming back.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 25th 2018 at 6:07 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Rebecca...

OMGOODNESS,,,BW2 is my baby...for over 5 yrs now...

I LQQK forward to it every day n some days I play for hrs....well some days I do....depending on what is going on.

This game relaxes me big time.
There is just soo much info to read/learn on the wiki.

Moreover, this game is so challenging, interesting, colorful and a thinking game,, all of which I so love...it is like brain food for the soul.....hahaha..

I met some nice/awesome ppl..and the dev's are all awesome as well.

I portray my personality on my ranch... I am changing it again with the new HUB stuff....Now that takes a lot of time and effort BUT I love it. It is just relaxing for me...OH yeah that reminds me I have to clean it up and place stuff accordingly(but rome was not built in a day so ).

I also enjoy visiting f's ranches.

I treasure all my achievements that I have gotten as well...and still continue to do so...:).

Last but not least. I do not like the crop area of the game they seem to fail on me all the time...hahaha. OH,,, well I can't win or be good at everything I guess..
BOTTOM LINE...love this game......and will play as long as I am able too..!!!!
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2018 at 4:30 AM
DestKitteh
I love this so much! It's so true.

My biggest problem has been realising that I'm in control of when I play. So if I want to not play for the day, that's perfectly fine. No one will judge. I once stopped playing for 3 months. Pretty sure it was just a depressive episode, looking back.

Bw2 is amazing. It's a game where you can go as slow as you like, or as fast as you like (within reason and what has been released).

I tried mindfulness on this the other day. To be present in the moment. I have a huge thing for getting side tracked and having so many tabs open, it's hilarious.

It was an amazing exercise, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the moment.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2018 at 6:47 AM
Last Edited May 26th 2018 at 6:48 AM
Rebecca Beattie
@ Barbara... its funny ... my ranch is all about the farming. I thinkI should be you but I'm not. When I had some cash this winter I spent it on an automatic seeder ... I already had the sprinkler that brings withered things to life. Can't remeber when I last let a crop wither.... Now that I have more friends in the game the amount of energy I get from crops is relatively small and less needed... so I go on farming just cause I cant stop. Still think Im suposed to be decorating the farm house...

@ Dest.... Yup love it... its how I relax. In the winter when work is busy I often leave BW2 tasks undone... Its partly how I recognise how pushed and stressed I am at work.... Love, love the mindfulness thing...

Can you say more about the multiple tabs thing. I do that for FaceBook... but having trouble understanding how that might be helpful for BW2
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2018 at 9:25 AM
Last Edited May 27th 2018 at 9:26 AM
Flybaby
Yep, this is my way of relaxing too, and putting aside the everyday stresses. I love decorating my ranch and golf course. I have it set up sort of how I would live in real life. LOL. As for pets roaming on my ranch, I only have a couple of butterflies, and a little froggy. I find that too many pets really slows my server down big-time! It would be nice to run into each other on AI so we can visit one another's ranches and courses. And I do agree, it's been a great way to meet new people!!!
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2018 at 7:44 PM
Last Edited May 28th 2018 at 7:45 PM
Barbara Tompkins
Flybaby

I wish we could visit each others ranches & golf courses..as well....I updated my ranch with the new HUB stuff. I like it...It looks awesome.(love it).

My golf course has been done for ages...and I too like it & will not change it ..it isnt easy though..well some holes are...:)

I keep some of my purple pets in between bushes/trees to keep them still haha mean me..I have none flying around my ranch..BUT it looks nice to have them stationary amongst the different scenes I have.
It is like my place away from reality and it reflects my personality..

WOW what a game to play and have fun and again meet nice ppl.
I plan on playing this game till I am able to do so.

Life is good..I say :)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 28th 2018 at 8:37 PM
Raymond
my golf course right now simply displays all the 72 pieces that exist. kind of sorted by topology. i do have 2 playable holes top right.
these is even one that the wiki does not mention.
i simply play to have fun.
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2018 at 12:07 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Its so nice to read about what you-all like and love in the game. Thank you...

Wishing I had more words tonight so i could inspire more responses here.