Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Michin Fish quest
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 8:56 AM
blackmangopit
OK, it seems I can't post on the other ones about this so have to create this new post. It was said on another thread that it would be worth it to do the quest at least one more time. Do other players concur with this statement? I really hated this quest the first time it came up but because it was an initial quest I wanted to complete. It was tedious, frustrating, and I vowed not to do it again. But now I'm intrigued as to why one would want to do it again. What say you Bush Whackers?
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 9:30 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I have a friend who is doing it now, a little each day. We are both intrigued about what the reward will be. I won't have it for about another 5 months and plan on doing it again. It was a good time killer between quests.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 9:58 AM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 9:58 AM
ArmyMomOkc
You could wait until others finish and can tell you what the reward is then decide if it's worth the effort.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 10:18 AM
Erika/Alyniana
If you like the serpent mount in its original colour, then you want to do the quest again.

If you are happy with just owning the new serpent mount colour, which you can change by talking to the sea serpent from the High Jungle Kaine adventure once you complete it, then you don't need to do it again.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 11:16 AM
Raymond
you can see what both would look like by talking to the mount guy. and even before that dataminers like me knew the names of both kinds of this reward.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 11:27 AM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 11:28 AM
Raymond
January 12, weeks before the February 21 mounts person update
http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=23245&page=2

p.s. every mount obtained is one towards the 2 achievements, to get 100 and to get 1,010 mounts LOL
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 2:15 PM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 2:19 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Deborah..& Armymom

I have done the Michin quest 2 times..and well the serpent is the same.. all you will have is 2 different colors.....of the same mount...(main color is green then the 2nd one you can change to purple)..
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 2:32 PM
blackmangopit
ok thanks for the replies! :)
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 3:08 PM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 3:09 PM
ArmyMomOkc
All that fishing and it the reward is changing the mount color? Am I misunderstanding?? Do you get another mount with a different skin? I'm confused.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 3:23 PM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 3:48 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Armymom..

1st serpent mount is green..
2nd serpent when you do it is also green..BUT you can change the color to purple...hope that helps..

ALSO,, you can change both to purple or keep both to green.....I have one of each color.
So,,,,,,,,, I will NOT be doing the 3rd one it is NOT worth it....(so all you get is a different skin color the serpent mount stays the same...ok )..

I was hoping to get a different serpent mount but no,,the serpent mount is the same as the 1st one..Not happy about that....
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 3:57 PM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 9:53 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Barbara, Okay, I have only done it once, will do once more to get another serpent. Thank you for the clarification!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 5:37 PM
Raymond
to change it you equip it, either one, and you go to that kaine (or nate) area that had a HUGE version of that mount you had to talk to multiple times. talk to it with its doppelganger equipped and it asks you if you want to change it.
be careful, you can't unchange it. similar to armored mounts, once done it is done for that one forever
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2018 at 6:21 PM
Last Edited April 11th 2018 at 6:31 PM
Barbara Tompkins
It is not done FOREVER.. ask Nick....to fix it..
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 12:49 AM
Mummo
I am still confused, how do you get the quest again? I tried fishing, no luck, talked to the mount guy, that just shows I have the serpent and the skin. I really hated this quest but am willing to do it again, so I can have an original coloured one.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 3:39 AM
Raymond
quest, like all repeatable quests. is repeatable after some period of time.
in this case every 6 months.
a point that should stare you in the face every time you talk to town crier to see when something will be repeatable.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 6:57 AM
Last Edited April 12th 2018 at 11:00 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Mummo, I can see the cooling off for this quest. I am around 5 months before it will be available again for me.

I just looked and actually I have 115 days left, tells you how close I pay attention, lol
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 6:58 AM
Mummo
If this quest is available after 6 months how are people doing it for the third time? I do understand about the town crier!
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 6:59 AM
Mummo
That makes more sense, thanks.
146 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 7:04 AM
Mummo
I am sure cooling down for this quest has only recently been shown, anyway I have 110 days, so no need to worry about it for a long time.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2018 at 8:24 AM
Raymond
cooldown for this quest has been shown since at least December.
you may have experienced the situation, usually during events with lots of repeated quests, where you are only able to see some of the quests. if you use your mouse wheel when looking at lists of quest cooldowns, or of available quests, you can see all.
here is a couple images that illustrate this. taken in December 20'th to be exact
https://prnt.sc/hq9i5y
https://prnt.sc/hq9iht

p.s. i do not think anyone is saying they are doing this a third time. if anything i think they mean they are waiting for third one to happen. BUT it might be possible to utilize vip benefits to do the quest immediately again right after it is completed. i am not vip now so i do not know.