Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q about pets with 2 different bonus types
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 9:31 AM
Last Edited March 18th 2018 at 9:36 AM
ArmyMomOkc
I tried to find this information but so far no luck. I purchased the Toucan from the critter chase lady (don't remember her name). It shows in PAGAS this pet has 2 different (puzzles and gems) bonuses. When I equipped and leveled with a pet treat it only shows the gem bonus. I haven't tried out a pet with these type of bonuses. Do the bonuses work like a mount or it random bonus between the two? Thank you!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 10:11 AM
Raymond
a pet can have one of whatever odds pagas says it can be. what it gets is determined when it is fully raised.
of course using dna you can change any pet to have whatever odds you want
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 10:28 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Okay, so I have to wait until it's max level to see the bonus? I'm not trying to be dense, I'm trying to understand if this pet will have the puzzle bonus or if the gem it shows now is what it will have at max. I have plenty of gem pets, so one with a puzzle max of 20% without augmenting was the appeal of this pet.
I have dna saved to change one pet I think is cute but I'm not fond of it's bonus. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 10:51 AM
Raymond
not max level, level 1, an egg has no odds only possibilities, a pet has odds determined once the egg becomes a pet
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 11:04 AM
Last Edited March 18th 2018 at 11:13 AM
ArmyMomOkc
This one wasn't hatched. If I am understanding correctly the two shown are possibilities and my Toucan is stuck with a gem bonus :(
If true I am disappointed. I am wondering if I get another of the same kind from the critter capture lady store will it do it to me again? Bummer.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 11:09 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Thank you Raymond, I appreciate the information.

Emotional outburst - - - I WANT WHAT I WANT!!! LOL Jk
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 12:29 PM
Raymond
in gen one years ago i got something like 10 ghost horses that were quest odds before i got one that was a puzzle odds.
random is random. using the coupon collector paradigm it can take a bit of time to see both kinds of a 2 odds pet, and even longer to see all 3 kinds of a 3 odds pet. will not talk about the ghost on amicus with 5 odds

look how long it can take to see say all 6 repeatable quests of a particular npc by setting m and k to 6
http://www.randomservices.org/random/apps/CouponCollectorExperiment.html
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 2:17 PM
Last Edited March 18th 2018 at 8:40 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Raymond, I am not mathematician like you but yes I see what you mean. I would prefer they did it as an either or of less common bonuses. I wouldn't mind that so much.
Thanks again!
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2018 at 4:15 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Oh well, will just look at these from this store as a collection and hope I get lucky.