Link to post - Posted January 6th at 8:07 PM
Duckie
The pawn shop - one of the traveling merchants on Amicus Island
Lvl 440 "Has Brittle Bones"
863 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th at 11:55 PM
Last Edited January 10th at 12:38 AM
Barbara Tompkins
I see ''the pawn'' shop today ,(father & son sitting in middle of the other 2 merchants ) & the sonic fishing rod is there for 50 BB's..not bad price..
It is in the effect area for trinkets..after you buy it...
751 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th at 3:49 AM
Flybaby
@ Barbara ... what do you mean by switching "between 2 fish bait...the odd time?

I'm going to buy the fishing rod today. Not sure 1 second will make a difference, since it takes 8-10 secs. to fish, but I'm willing to try.
863 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th at 5:01 PM
Last Edited January 10th at 5:25 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Flybaby,,

I use the 400 bait for awhile then switch to 2000 gold bait.....it works for me...One time I got 6 michin fish in a row .My average is about 3 out of 10 uses...doing the latter method...
I like that method..it works for me...So i will keep doing it...

I bought the sonic fishing rod...as well & will try it with my 2 seconds off fishing time VIP buff.., when I get my 2nd quest in March....and see what happens..
751 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 6:32 AM
Flybaby
Thanks Barbara. It's always good to try different things. I'll try that method too, if I do the next 2nd one. The funny thing is, I always use the best fishing bait, but I discovered by accident that the cheapest valuables bait brought me better luck for the Michin quest.
863 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 7:22 AM
Barbara Tompkins
Your welcome Flybaby...

I will keep at that method & may try another method...haha who knows .
All I know it worked for me...to get it done.

BTW if you already have the first one, you can also change it , to a diff color...I did it.....the dev gave us a hint to do so...
gl in the next one...:)..
751 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 4:58 PM
Flybaby
Yes, I did get it to change to a different color, and I edited the wiki as well.
863 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 3:04 PM
Barbara Tompkins
@ Flybaby..
:)
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5161 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 3:08 PM
not Raymond
in a few months if people convert/change another one let us know if there are multiple colors.
5161 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 3:59 PM
not Raymond
i checked the JSON data myself. there is only the original unmolested one and a changed one. but somehow perhaps backwards. i did the 'thing' some 37 days ago and in my ranch inventory it is identified as the first of these 2 things.

{"id":71,"name":"Michin Serpent","description":"The rare evolution of the Magical Michin fish.","icon_graphic_id":13160,
"base_bonuses":{"speed":{"name":"Character Speed","value":50,"pre":"+","post":"%"},"puzzle_odds":
{"name":"Odds to win Puzzle Pieces","value":5,"pre":"+","post":"%"}},"graphics":["13161,-1","13162,1"],
"properties":{"ranch_item_id":1839,"source":"High Jungle","type":"misc","idle_animation_frames":[4,5,6,7]}},

{"id":73,"name":"Eldritch Michin Serpent","description":"A Michin Serpent touched by a dark, purply power.","icon_graphic_id":13486,
"base_bonuses":{"speed":{"name":"Character Speed","value":50,"pre":"+","post":"%"},"puzzle_odds":
{"name":"Odds to win Puzzle Pieces","value":5,"pre":"+","post":"%"}},"graphics":["13494,-1","13495,1"],
"properties":{"ranch_item_id":1887,"source":"High Jungle","type":"misc","idle_animation_frames":[4,5,6,7]}},
751 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 6:02 PM
Flybaby
Hmm ... Interesting find, Raymond
5161 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th at 8:58 PM
Last Edited January 12th at 10:20 PM
not Raymond
i think this shows that there are 73 different mounts. have to check again.
and yes there is one id=72 but that one is unrelated to this.

there are currently 84 and the 6 kinds that can be armored cover 12 of those, armored and plain,
Lvl 400 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th at 10:45 AM
Andrew Comerford
I'm with you, Chief.

I HATE fishing at the best of times, and this one with a passion, but I'm stuck at 95% on the boundary. If this is optional, I'd REALLY like to avoid it.
Lvl 400 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th at 10:45 AM
Andrew Comerford
I'm with you, Chief.

I HATE fishing at the best of times, and this one with a passion, but I'm stuck at 95% on the boundary. If this is optional, I'd REALLY like to avoid it.
5161 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 4th at 5:50 PM
not Raymond
the fishing there is optional, but if you started it then it will be forever in your quest icon bar until you complete it.
you are stuck at 95% for some other reason, having to do with getting into the yoli tzontli altar square and outrun a boulder to get the key out of cera altepetl boundary and into the flux