Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
I quit
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th 2017 at 8:49 PM
Last Edited November 5th 2017 at 9:30 PM
Mary-Anne Ethier
Wow after over 8 years of playing your platform games and throughly enjoying it. I finally decided to quit. Its no longer fun. Far more challenging than i expected. After spending 2 hrs trying to find a flower or avoid the boulder and only getting frustrated. I decided its time to quit. Thanks for the 8 year run. Good luck all
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 6th 2017 at 7:29 PM
Barbara Tompkins
WOW,,, sorry you feel like this.....But the more challenging the better I love this game.....If it was too easy I would find it boringgggg indeed....I am enjoying all that has/is given to us....good luck to you as well....
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2017 at 1:47 PM
blackmangopit
you can use BUSH BUCKS to get past the boulder - geez
This game is not difficult at all. It's just a time waster for me every day - a place to chill out and just play for 20-30 min a day
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th 2017 at 3:21 PM
Raymond
the boulder is passable without that, just try it a few times, really.
the flowers in cera is for the unnecessary sba but i bet if you asked people in chat you would have been given the locations of all 7 in way way less then 2 hours, more like 2 seconds.
that being said, goodbye, if that is what you really want us to say.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 12:15 AM
Last Edited November 8th 2017 at 5:20 PM
DestKitteh
I've been avoiding this because there is no way to be polite. I've tried and tried to think of a way of phrasing it politely, but I can't.

You can ask people. You have always been able to ask people.

The BB option was implemented because I, and a few others, asked. I can't stand doing mini games. My co-ordination SUCKS. If you're that hard up for BBs, I'd be happy to see if my budget extends to buying you some as a once off.

If I'm stuck, I ask for help. I'm still amazed that I only found 4 or 5 flowers and got the SBA open, despite there being 7 flowers.

Communication is a thing. Even if you have to wait. 'Cheating' by paying BBs is still a thing.

And if you're against buying money for games... We help pay their bills and keep games like this running. Coders are still people, it's still employment. Out of all the games, CNE is one company I'm happy to drop money on. They're polite, they care, they interact. Even when I send the stupidest questions via support ticket, they don't judge (to my face anyway. We all have our moments in private lol)

Help is out there.

Use it.
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 7:31 AM
Mary-Anne Ethier
I am in no way against paying for the bolder. I did it in the frozen area (previous area) with the wooden planks. The bolder was not what frustrated me. Opening the SBA was. And i did ask the message board. No one responded. I also went to the wiki pedia and search there and on this message board. So no i didnt just give up. I tried to find the solutions.
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 8:27 AM
Last Edited November 8th 2017 at 8:30 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Mary-Anne,

I really understand the need to take a break from a game that I've been with for years. In my personal life I am, once again, moving away from certain groups I've been with for years. Interestingly I am reconnecting with people I haven't seen in years because of a similar shift I did years ago. I hope that after a break you come back.

Most importantly I want you, and others that might read this, how much I value the CodeName crew.

Because of their generosity in the way they structure the game I've been playing for many years. I started with them back in Bushwacker (the original one) My life is difficult and for reasons we don't need to go into. I aspire to be lower middle class (which means I'm currently living near the poverty line). The cheerfulness of their games have been a tremendous boon in my life. I am approaching an age others would consider retirement years and I plan to work for another 10 years. During the time I've played the game I've established a career. I hope to be a dedicated player until there is enough wiggle room in my budget to spend money on the game. I am close to that level now. I plan to do that at the same time that I add certain other "extras", like a movie or 2, to my budget.

My gratitude continues to the players that have paid CodeName. The CodeName owners and workers deserve a good life and all the benefits that come with working on an excellent product.

Mary-Anne, I hope you come back, maybe tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe for CodeName's next game.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th 2017 at 2:28 PM
Joe Gosselin
for the boulder, you can always equip Speed Trinkets (2 or more and you can compete with The Flash... almost).
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 10th 2017 at 5:50 PM
Flybaby
@Deborah Bivens - I find it amazing that you are able to keep up with all the daily quests and new content by playing only 20-30 min a day. Wowza!!!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 11:30 AM
Flybaby
@Mary-Anne - I just updated the SBA's on the wiki, so you can now find the answers you're looking for. Hope you change your mind, and stick around, at least through the Holiday Events. Best of Luck!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 12:00 PM
Raymond
thanks for adding the newest sba's. and especially thanks for not changing all the prior 'sequence' numbers as someone once did that took days to roll back.

but you did goof a bit on the sequence numbers in the spine and high jungle a little, should be 72-76 & 77-81 for sba#71-sba#75 & sba#76-sba#80 and somehow indicate that wild descent sba might not be available till after cera altepeti boundary sba is reached or just that square being nearly 100% done.
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 12:17 PM
blackmangopit
@Flybaby, once I get through the new content and level up all I have to do is just work on flux and daily quests and it only takes me that long. Sometimes I'll come back later in the day for an additional 5-10 minutes for holiday quests or mini new content. I run out of energy so quickly because the drop rate for energy and mana/power is much less in other areas than new content. When there's new content, I could spend up to 1-2 hours until I run out of energy, then I keep coming back throughout the day.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 2:16 PM
Last Edited November 11th 2017 at 2:25 PM
Flybaby
You're welcome, Raymond. Thanks for letting me know about the numbered SBA's. But does that mean that the numbers are wrong for the SBAs in the Infected Plains and maybe other areas? The Infected Plains are numbered 67-70 and The Spine picked up the numbers from there, starting at 71. I just checked the spoiler for the wild descent (it's been a while since the update), and there is an explanation. Here is an excerpt from the spoiler, "Next you need a code, to get that you have to go to the The Cera Altepetl Boundary, talk to the person with the laurel wreath near the middle of the lower area. They will tell you the code for the area, but they only know the traditional name of the areas, the wild descent being know as Huetzi in the traditional language." Hoping that explains it, but if not, any ideas are welcome.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 4:27 PM
Last Edited November 11th 2017 at 4:32 PM
Raymond
no. an sba (all but one) has a name (that is a number) and a sequence number in which is when it is encountered, i.e. for example the 71'st sba somewhere being the 71'st one that can possibly be encountered. but that sba is not sba number 71 (in this case the 71'st is sba#70 in the contaminated coast.
your list picks up after that so should be 72'nd onward as i described above. i.e. you also seem to have 2 79'th ones.
numbering is as it is because of the unnumbered one added a long time ago in between others and actual order one can enter them.
just a simply correction to your numbering.
I would do it but i seem to have lost my wiki password and plugins or whatever is needed.

look at the following and see how yours after this should be.
http://prntscr.com/h99wa0

the following should be 72-76 & 77-81 for sba#71-sba#75 & sba#76-sba#80
http://prntscr.com/h99wl2

will not xomplicate it with the order in which wild descent is reachable
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 11th 2017 at 4:37 PM
Last Edited November 12th 2017 at 3:16 PM
Flybaby
Oh, I was a little confused by the 2 numbers, but I get it now. I'll go and fix it. As for the wiki, if you are interested in doing any contributions, maybe you could create a new username and password. I don't think you need any special plugins.
Lvl 432 "Dr. Hatchesalot"
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2017 at 7:43 PM
Brandy Grote
Joe Gosselin, thanks for the speed clue! Big help!