Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Flat bonus idol drops

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 11th 2017 at 8:33 PM
Last Edited October 12th 2017 at 7:50 AM
KameRose
This suggestion is change bonus idol drops to a flat number for each boss. To keep it simple here I'll say the base should be a 4 idol drop. Which would mean each additional T2 11th objective unlocked after the WW 11th T2 would add an additional idol for a total of bonus idol drops of 7 idols for each boss.

I then suggest that Deep Idol Scavenger(DIS) and Idols Over Time(IOT) apply to the bonus idol drops. So instead of:
* Base Idols + area bonus% + time bonus% + bonus idols = idols on reset
You'll end up with something like this:
* (Base Idols + bonus idols) + area bonus% + time bonus% = idols on reset

EDIT: Just to be clear, in this example if a player has completed all 4 of the current T2 11th objectives all bosses in the first four campaigns will have a chance to drop 7 idols that can then be affected by IOT and DIS. So The boss at area 100 would drop 7 idols and the boss at area 1580(currently the highest boss one can beat) would drop 7 idols as well.

781 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 12th 2017 at 7:13 PM
Animenut
I actually like the bonus idol drop system how it is now because it encourages the player to actually push areas a bit beyond the point where insta-kills stop, or longer than however long it takes to max levels. This system rewards pushing those extra few areas by making those 5, 10, or 15 areas worth so many idols. In my own runs, the last 30-ish areas make up almost half of my total idol gain on reset, even though I could have reset long before then and gotten half the idols. So with this system, "Reset the instant you stop insta-killing" is no longer viable since the areas beyond 1200 can average gaining over 1000 idols for every boss. Now, DPS buffers actually have a use. Before, gold-buffers made it so that we could reset early once we reach the level cap since the extra areas for DIS didn't make all that much of a difference. Now, the extra areas make a HUGE difference.

171 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 13th 2017 at 2:39 AM
Last Edited October 13th 2017 at 7:32 PM
KameRose
I too love the encouragement this has given to push that much deeper. I've had a blast doing some fire storming up to area 1585 since the bonus idols came out. Just finished a firestorm run yesterday for a total of 181k idols. It usually takes me about a day to get that high.

This suggestion is more about making both DIS and IOT useful again as well as *possibly* evening out the free plays so players do not feel stuck on WW forever.

Here are some preliminary calculations of the bonus idols one would get assuming a 50% chance of bosses dropping a flat 70 idols after area 100, and the player has DIS and IOT both maxed:
* A 0 hour run with the highest boss beat is area 1580 = 92k
* A 5 hour run with the highest boss beat is area 1580 = 118k
* A 1 day run with the highest boss beat is area 1580 = 221k
* A 7 day run with the highest boss beat is area 1580 = 965k
Then add in what you would get from crusader levels and the extra 25% from the ad bonus.

EDIT: Just for fun I did a few more calculations adding crusader levels, ad bonus, and chest bonus.
https://prnt.sc/gx5c80

3 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2017 at 5:35 AM
Miachocolat
i think amanda is right... DIS and IOT is now useless... Dev should lower idols drop but add those "bonus"

But i dont think its should be a flat number all the way. maybe something like 10 after lvl 100, 20 after 200, 30 after 300...etc