Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Kaine's Crystal Cavern Conundrum
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2016 at 4:19 PM
Last Edited October 14th 2016 at 4:43 PM
Erika/Alyniana

If you have completed the Mystery of the Infecting Machines and have reached the second field of The Path Through the Mountain, talk to the Town Crier to get started with helping Kaine slip and slide through his latest mystery.

You can post comments and questions here.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2016 at 3:16 AM
Flybaby
Woo-hoo ... I was pleasantly surprised to see another new quest. Thanks Devs.
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 15th 2016 at 7:04 PM
Leona Virgo
isn't it suppose to show how many puzzles per field in the area map or is it meant as a surprise for this kaine quest, field one in particular
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2016 at 7:31 AM
Raymond
yes. this is bugged somehow. usually the number of puzzles, actual puzzle tiers to complete are shown on the area progress (when an area progress exists, not all Kaines or Nates seem to have one), but here after completing puzzle tier 1 in field 1 of this Kaine there appears to be another puzzle 0/56 pieces but it does not exist on the area progress and 3 other fields of ine (at least one) puzzle tier still exist.

I AM GLAD I DO NOT MAINTAIN THE WIKI, it used to be that one could look back at an area progress on something you did months ago and kind of know the whole story so to say, other then the actual quest progress and whether or not there was wacking in completed fields or not. But the TOTAL number of puzles one had to do has always been shown.

nope, their quality an standards have really fallen in the nearly year long hiatus between the last zone and this one and it's adventures... I really believe this. Was not going to say it but i guess they might get something from our complaints.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2016 at 7:44 AM
jpl77
bugged, i can't complete the board puzzle, it's glitching out with the board placement. i've tried 3 browsers and haven't found a work around
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 16th 2016 at 5:12 PM
Russel Denton
on the topic of the wooden board puzzle at the end, i think it was a bit steep of 20BB to auto-solve it, perhaps the devs should reduce it too 10BB seeing how its 5BB to solve a normal puzzle.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2016 at 4:59 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Jason: Did you put in a support ticket?

@ Russel: With enough patience, one can solve it, but if you really, truly can't figure it out, you at least have the option to pay to skip it, with Bush Bucks earned from Quest Satchels or elsewhere.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2016 at 7:03 PM
Flybaby
Woo-Hoo, I just finished it. It wasn't too bad, really. The 1st few boards was a process of elimination, and then, it's just a matter of looking at the last two boards that need to be placed. (that will help you figure out what goes in between.)
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 17th 2016 at 7:39 PM
Leona Virgo
i just finished too, and a little tip for those struggling, boards can crisscross each other
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2016 at 5:02 AM
Flybaby
I wasn't able to crisscross my boards. There could be more than one possible solution to the puzzle.
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2016 at 7:35 PM
Jo Helmers
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate this puzzle
Post by Jo Helmers deleted October 18th 2016 at 7:35 PM
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2016 at 7:44 PM
Raymond
you know, because the planks are left in the final position after you are done, and there are no places to teleport to using the area progress, if you forget to collect your reward and exit the area you can never ever get the reward.
small oversight there.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2016 at 12:52 PM
Kathy Jacobs
In the Crystal Caverns... Are the three blocks something you find by whacking or are they things you find around the caverns?
I don't want to know where they are, just how to find them. After a bunch of whacking without finding any, I am thinking they aren't in bushes.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2016 at 12:57 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Ignore that request from me. After much whacking, I finally got the first one.
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2016 at 6:35 PM
Last Edited October 20th 2016 at 6:35 PM
Katherine Soto
When you do the ice in the area go to the left not through the little space on the top of the ice.
Post by Katherine Soto deleted October 20th 2016 at 6:35 PM
Lvl 360 "Is Puzzled"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2016 at 11:03 AM
Wolvesdottir
I have spent 3 days on the board puzzle, and I don't have enough BB to autosolve it... this is really frustrating
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 8:14 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Ok... need help again.... I am stuck on the three boards puzzle. Not stuck solving it, stuck on it. See screenshot at: http://screencast.com/t/FxekTSoDIRI

I figured out how to move the big board and the medium board, I just can't figure out how to get back to the little one to use it. Or, even better, how do I get out? I know I have to get to the little piece again, but I can't figure out how. Hints appreciated.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2016 at 8:23 PM
Kathy Jacobs
A hint::: If you are stuck in the middle of the board puzzle... go to town or the Halloween event. When you return, the boards will still be on the ice - and you will be off.

I can't offer advice on how to solve the thing from that point... I had bush bucks and I spent them.