Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
WHAT'S WITH THE RIDICULOUS BID'S FOR AUCTION BREAD?

14 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 2:01 PM
Daniel Henderson
this is just simply greed at it worst

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 2:10 PM
Raymond
There are very few actual buildings in this game, and one bunch of areas has a prepronderance of many buildings.
Go into one and you can't miss an auction keeper and his assistant.

71 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2011 at 5:05 PM
Cherk
Monica, you don't even need to finish the turkeys yet - you can't hand them in till the 26th anyway... lots of time. In saying that, I've finished them too but I'll just wait now till hand over time :)

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 12:51 AM
Monica Dykeman
I know that Cheryl. It was late and I hate leaving things undone. Daniel, if that's aimed at me, go read the post again. The poster didn't mean to bid and was way over what she could, apparently, afford. Even if she wasn't. I suggest you never go to a real auction. People who have more money tend to win, as simple as that. I won't even get into how many times I have just left because someone apparently needed the energy and I could afford to wait. That isn't the point.

24 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 3:25 AM
Frank Fitzpatrick
I believe there should be an upper limit for bread if you are willing to pay the max then off with you and restart the auction. in other words once the max is reached restart the timer and a new auction, this will give everyone a chance and as for having limitless gold this only come after long long game play there has to be a better fairer way than this

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 7:42 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Monica. .. in my opinion you didn't need to explain. Its a game. If the Auction house is out of balance in some way it is for the Devs.

I love this story about Monica's apparent "greed" or impulsiveness saving a person that bid higher than intended. That is why I was cheering for both of you. It was a good story that ended with you two talking here... With all the people playing what are the odds that you both would frequent the message board.

:)

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 7:46 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Frank... or anyone else that knows... Sometimes I think that the Devs must have multiple auction houses in each level going on. I suspect, because of what I have seen, that there is a max number of people in the auction house before a new house is opened up.

Does anyone else have that thought?

262 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 8:21 AM
Melody October May
There are several auction houses, split by the levels, but there are not multiple auction houses for a level set.

In other words, there may be an auction house for levels 1-10, 11-25, and then 100-135, but there is only one auction house for the level 100-135, etc.

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2011 at 8:26 AM
Rebecca Beattie
then I must be guilty of un-intentional greediness.... :D

1 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 2:06 AM
Last Edited November 23rd 2011 at 2:06 AM
Jen Baker
I had bid on the bread, 33,000 gold, the beginning bid. Next thing I see, someone had bid 194,000 gold. There was no bidding in between. Then, next bid is 280,000 gold.

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 8:11 AM
Rebecca Beattie
that only happens (as far as I know) when several people bid at the same time. I beleive there is a top bid of 2 times the most recent bid ... I have noticed that if I bid after someone but before there bid is visible, the effect you noticed is possible...

185 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 2:28 PM
Monica Dykeman
Or, as I often do, you go in, bid what you are willing to pay, and let the thing play out. I usually won't go over $100,000 and if it goes higher, so be it (that bid was a one off because I sometimes get a little OCD). If it doesn't, I have some bread. I don't like waiting until the auction is over and bidding $1000 at a time It takes away from my playing time and I don't have that much most days.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2011 at 3:27 PM
Raymond
Yes Monica, but like Rebecca said, you can't Bid what you are willing to pay in some instances because there is a current Maximum that one can possibly Bid that's based on the current Bid. I dare you right now to try Bidding 1 Million on it if it's currently just started or otherwise very low.