Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
January 22nd Housekeeping Update
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 2:54 PM
Last Edited January 22nd 2016 at 3:03 PM
Erika/Alyniana
It may be small, but it's still big!

You can now refuse to claim your Mount if you're doing the mount quest for Clint and you want a different colour!

Check out the blog for the rest of this weeks changes!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 5:17 PM
Raymond
thanks.
love the idea of new mounts and armor.
unsure about the rejecting a mount after using several thousand energy, do you have to do the 4 quests all over again right then not hundreds of hours later?
The identifying of event ribbons is something I have wanted forever, but in the sense of one looking at someone elses ranch for those and other custom items. but a good work in the right direction.
thanks
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd 2016 at 5:18 PM
Last Edited January 22nd 2016 at 5:21 PM
Erika/Alyniana
You're welcome Raymond.

If you refuse the mount for being the wrong colour, you only need to do one additional round of feed, not another 4, each time you reject the colour.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 3:51 PM
Last Edited January 24th 2016 at 3:57 PM
Raymond
um.
please reprogram it.
I got the dialog "Well look at who wandered into town while you were gone! I think you got youeself a new mount, Bush Whacker, if you want it!" and "Thanks! I'll take it!"
but had no clue that it was a mount type I ALREADY had.
misleading. and for us colorblind and sight impaired players you really should say 'this is a xyz mount'...

I demand a retry. or something. am fuming MAD
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2016 at 5:02 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thank you for the feedback Raymond. I will bring up that possibility.

If you put in a help ticket, Justin will probably undo your mount turn-in.
Post by deblev53 deleted January 25th 2016 at 12:18 PM
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2016 at 2:58 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi deblev,

The new colours are Chestnut, Light Gray (white), and Dark Tan. So it's basically red/brown, white, and mid-brown colour for the new mounts.

Erika
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2016 at 1:11 AM
Raymond
are you aware that even before these mount changes, no mount placed on your ranch displays its armor. i.e. I have placed all on my ranch and I have 6 with armor and none show any armor there.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2016 at 3:44 PM
deblev53
Hi. I've just finished a mount quest and am disappointed. After 4 feeds the horse was one from the first mounts so I tried another feed and got the only new mount I already had, a white. I hate having to try 4 feeds in the first place but after 5 I just didn't want to try again. Is there any way the amount of feeds, or the amount of running back to town can be cut. If we already know we didn't get it, could there be a way to just get the next feed and not return until we've tamed one? I think I already know the answer, but I have to try. :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2016 at 4:16 PM
Raymond
you can do the 4, then reject and do one, and you can reject that one too and do one more quest, and reject that one too... till you get one you want to accept.

but shortly:
After the next push Clint will say what kind of horse you've found when you go to turn in the quest.

Cheers,
- Justin
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2016 at 4:16 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi deblev,

Thank you for the feedback.

All the mount colours have an even chance of being found at the 4th feed.

If you don't want to reject and do more feedings past those, then you can wait to find the mounts when the mount quest rolls around again in 2 weeks if you accept the colour you get.

Erika
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2016 at 7:15 PM
deblev53
I just finished another mount quest and for the first 3 feeds was very happy to see the chestnut horse. When I got to the 4th feed it had changed to the brown, GRRR. Just needed to vent. :( :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2016 at 8:25 PM
Raymond
you can skip that brown one and do another 1 quest for 20 somethings.
the intermediate colors mean nothing, the only color that matters is the one when the feeding is 'successful'.
and until the next update, according to a Dev, whenever that is, the npc still won;t actually tell you what color that mount is to have to rely on imperfect vision and monitor color rendition and whatever to know or not know what it is. I m certain that I have rejected 'dark brown' over and over again cause it looks like everything else.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 28th 2016 at 4:35 PM
deblev53
Hi Raymond. It's not that I don't know that I can do another feed,or the whole mount thing for that matter, it was just a way to vent since I had the mount I wanted the most for 3 feeds and then to change on the 4th just disappointed me. I guess I didn't explain right, sorry, in my first post, my main complaint after the color thing was having to run back to town every time I found a mount. I have an old computer that after playing for a few hours, 3 out of 5 times, has to be refreshed or restarted every time I move to another area, and yes I clean caches & delete cookies. I should have just asked if there was any possibility that Clint could move to the area we are in, until we succeed although I'm about 99% certain that won't happen, I just gotta try, LoL. I hope you have luck with your color problem. :) Almost forgot, I did get my chestnut mount after the fifth feed. :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2016 at 4:29 PM
Raymond
guess what?
in the ranch inventory a dark tan horse is called a light tan horse.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2016 at 4:41 PM
Erika/Alyniana
Thank you for the report Raymond. I'll add it to the list.
Lvl 378 "Is Puzzled"
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2016 at 10:21 AM
Shirley Will
Will there be anything we can do with the extra mounts we have? Like, with pets you can release them for DNA. When you could first start doing quests I did every time (helps to rack up XP), and I have a bunch of black & brown horses now.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2016 at 11:22 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Yes, we are hoping to add a system to deal with extra Mounts at some point, but nothing else to announce yet.
Lvl 400 "Savior of Sanctuary"
227 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2016 at 6:26 PM
Leona Virgo
and regarding the horse mount quest, it asks twice if you are sure you don't want the horse but only the once if you do. i have been trying to get the chestnut horse for days if not over a week with no luck and with a single miss click i now have to wait 2 weeks till i can start looking again...and just another thought, maybe after getting 3 or 4 different colors, it will rotate through the colors for the last ones (instead of completely random and mainly getting the same 2 color over and over)