Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Experience Points

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st 2015 at 10:10 AM
Magram
I'm not sure how to go about it so I guess I'll just describe my current situation.
I'm on my second run, field 92.
Boosting my top DPS (Nate and Merci) is getting quite long with little reward.
At this point, boosting my lower DPS (Jim, Emo, Sasha, etc.) would be the way to go in term of investment / DPS increase, right ?
Well, that guess is wrong because my formation has been the exact same since almost the beginning of this run. This means that 10 of my crusaders have Experience Points and all the others don't.
To be exact, those that have Experience Points have 10 so an extra 1.00K % DPS.
Because of this, crusaders that weren't part of my formation will never be able to be of any benefit to me DPS-wise unless I "waste" time getting them a decent amount of Experience Points too.

I'm not sure a "nerf" of the Experience Points bonus is in order but I can't honestly say what would the "best" way to handle this would be either.

Maybe this situation is also intended, who knows (the devs know, I guess ? I hope).

37 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st 2015 at 12:55 PM
Last Edited July 31st 2015 at 12:56 PM
Lloyd_Majere
First, take a screenshot of your formation. I can offer assistance there. Also how many Idols do you have?

Second, Nate and Merci become obsolete very quickly in the higher levels. Let's say you didn't use Natalie at all. Those 10 XP points? They are worth a single 1000% boost, or a 10x DPS boost, right?

Well, consider that your low level characters will be getting a stackable 4x boost PER 25 levels. That is to say, if Natalie isn't out-DPSing Nate right now due to XP, if you level her up 50 times, she gets a 16x boost, MORE than Nate's XP boost. And each additional 25 levels will multiply that more and more. So basically, the 25-level boosts are way better than anything you could get through XP.

In any case, you want to level up as many low characters as you can for extra Idols. So once I see your formation, I'm going to assume you've been leveling the low characters. At map 92, I think I'm usually at 600 with Bush Whacker and Jim, 500 for the next 5 or so, and it decreases from there.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st 2015 at 2:03 PM
Magram
As this is the suggestion forum, I won't post my formation here.
I'll just make a thread in the appropriate forum to that end when I get the time and if I can't figure out a solution on my own.

From your answer, though, I gather that the Experience Points system might not be at fault as I thought.

Still up for debate I guess.

At any rate, thanks for your answer :)

2 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd 2015 at 7:34 PM
PeterCharles
I think something that could be cool is making it so each point of exp gives everyone more dps (if the person with the exp is in your party or not, every hero in the game gets a bonus based on how much exp there is) but make it so gaining exp is slower over time, or something like that.