Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Explorers' League Event

3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2015 at 12:50 PM
Last Edited June 18th 2015 at 1:58 PM
Erika/Alyniana

The Explorers' League is in town and asked you to come along! Click on the event area to travel to the Forest shard to explore!

Check out the blog for more details!

Post comments and questions here!

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2015 at 5:44 AM
Jalandar
Funny thing, to me it's more fun, than the whole jungle. It's new, it's different, and I bet it was a lot easier to do, than the jungle update.

36 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2015 at 8:36 PM
Klatschi
I love this new event! Thank you. But why? Why is it so hard? I am level 40 and I can not beat most enimies without a buff. I started with Level 38. Than I became Level 39 and I can't beat the group with goblin leader an two other guys anymore. Argh!

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 20th 2015 at 7:27 AM
SanaTex
Event is super fun at max level, nothing gets cose to kill you. Only the treeant got close, and killed my minions.

But for my alt it's brutal. Mobs 1 level higher kills you easily, and if you are unfortunate to level up, then everything kills you until you have enough lumber/scraps to level gear. And in the time you get there, you are almoust at next level. Seems the event is for max level players, og HOT geared players.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 20th 2015 at 9:20 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi SanaTex,

What level is your alt? I have been playing the event with my level 15 and my level 38, and haven't run into trouble with either. But it is scaled to each level so it possible some levels are harder than others.

-David

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 20th 2015 at 9:21 AM
Last Edited June 20th 2015 at 12:14 PM
SanaTex
currently dinged 36, so mobs are 36/37/38, the 36 i can handle, but 37 or 38 is impossible.
Gear is stil 35, since i cant afford blacksmith yet. And mostly green gear, as a true newbie.

*update*
Now i have all my gear leveled at my level, 36, with 3 blue items. And the fire elementals in cave still kill me. I get 1, just 1 attack before they kill me. So difficulty is not scaled properly. Jungle is easy compared to event mobs.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 7:33 AM
Staril
I'm only lvl 26 and getting killed by the wolves nearly every time in the jungle. It really isn't much fun to play and I was excited to see the event. I can just about manage the plant monster at lvl 27 but the lvl 26 wolves are too much. I really think they need to look at the balance for this.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 8:48 AM
Hi SanaTex, and Saril,

What are the character names, I will copy them over to our dev server and take a look - maybe adjust the scaling or offer some respec advice.

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 8:51 AM
SanaTex
i'ev deleted my character, since it was way to frustrating.

Might do what Annie / Andaho did, and delete it all together...

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 8:59 AM
Staril
My character is Staril ;)

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 9:05 AM
Staril
Just to say that I don't really want to respec my character. It might not be perfect but has no problem playing the game itself. So, I can't really see how tweaking it would make a major difference to the event. When I first went into the event it was OK, if a little harder than I would have expected ... but each time gets harder ... I'm maybe on my 4th reset now and it is next to impossible and no fun at all.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 1:17 PM
Last Edited June 21st 2015 at 1:19 PM
Hi SanaTex,

Really sorry to hear that. Certainly not our intention to make the content that frustratingly hard.

Hi Staril,

I took a look at your character and your skill points are distributed in a way that doesn't get you the maximum combat damage or health. A lot of players distribute the points the way you have before getting to the harder content and running into trouble. I have put together a couple of builds and some screenshots I think will be helpful. I am showing your original build - I hope you are ok with that, if not let me know and I will pull it down. (a lot of players do a build like this at first though!)

Starting Spec: With the points distributed across a lot of different skills you don't do as much damage or have as much health as you do if you focus on a single damage skill, and put points into the healthy skill.

Suggested Spec 1: In this spec I focused the points in health, strength, and strike. The healthy gives 37% more health (which is going to be a couple more hits in battle). The strength boosts your overall damage, and the points in strike give a maximum hit of 2478 up 32% from 1697. You do lose a little from not having points in armor, but the end result of this spec is you do about 30% more damage and you can take about 30% more hits.

Suggested Spec 2: In this spec I put 5 points in furious and 5 points in impale. This is a little more complicated build to use because to get max damage you need to use furious first, and then impale, and you have to have a little rage saved up because impale takes 30 to use. With this setup your maximum 1 hit damage goes up to 11992, but it takes 2 turns to use that so its 5996 damage per turn. In this build you have a little less health than the first suggestion but the extra damage often means you kill targets in one hit so you don't need to be quite as healthy because you take less hits overall.

I hope these are helpful for you. I realize you don't want to respec, but as you get further into the game the content does get harder and the difference between doing 1687 damage a hit to doing 2478 to doing 5214 makes a big difference! Not to mention being able to take a few extra hits.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 1:36 PM
Staril
And how does this change how quickly my companions are killed?

I will try the first respec as I don't really don't want to depend on special hits ... I rarely use them and really don't see why I would have to. I like to progress in a game at my own speed and this event is just really badly balanced if I need to respec to play it. Specs should give me small advantages depending on the way I want to play and not have to be a certain way to allow me to play at all.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 1:43 PM
Staril
Well that certainly did NOT help. I tried fighting the group of 4 wolves and we got killed nearly as quickly as before. I maybe lasted a couple of hits more but my companions didn't. There were 3 wolves still alive when I was killed. I was really enjoying the game before this but am really disappointed with this event.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 1:45 PM
Annie - I moved your post over to a new thread. Event related discussion only here please.

Hi Staril,

These changes won't effect your companions from how they were before. The companions can't really take a lot of hits.

The first spec shouldn't have you relying on any special hits - I got the feeling that is what you were going for which is why I provided it first.

-David

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 1:51 PM
Last Edited June 21st 2015 at 1:53 PM
Hi Staril,

I have your character which I copied to dev, I set you to the first suggested spec. I just fought the 4 wolves and beat them soundly. Are you clicking a wolf to target it to focus on one target at a time? or are you letting it randomly pick a target? That would also make a very big difference. Also please confirm you are using your skill from the skill bar and not just letting it auto attack. That would also make it much harder.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 2:17 PM
Staril
I just tried that and still got killed with 3 wolves still alive. I always have picked a wolf to focus on anyway. And can't see why I can't use the auto attack that works perfectly well in normal game play.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 2:36 PM
Hi Staril,

I tried again as your character, and while I did loose the first time against 4 wolves I won the second time no problem - A little bit of bad luck on target choices and critical hits...

You DO have to use the strike skill for each of your attacks. The auto attack skill does not do a lot of damage. The early game content is easier and designed to accommodate players as they learn how to use their skills and abilities in game. You MUST use the skills as the game progresses or you will eventually end up against monsters you cannot defeat.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 2:41 PM
Staril
Then I'm not interested in playing ... even though I've already spent a fair bit of money on the game and a lot of hours. I do not want to be dictated to as to how I ought to play a game. I just want to go in any enjoy myself.If I NEED to use a special attack for each strike then that ought to be the default. I don't mind doing something special for boss fights but not for each and every normal fight.

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 3:15 PM
dansonage
When you get to late game staril it often is the case (at least with HoT and events and T1-3/4) that you can just use default attack. But if you were able to complete the game with only auto it would take no skill and quickly become boring. This Game is hard at times, this makes it more interesting as you have to change the way you play. Admitted that is mostly locked to VIP players with the unlimited respecs but using skills to win battles is a good thing!