Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Explorers' League Event

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 3:22 PM
dansonage
also Just want to throw my opinions on the event out there now I've had a chance to play it for a day. In general i like it. It has a cool concept and introduces pets which is a nice touch.
I have only one main issue with it. why is the task reset 4 hours and area resets 8 hours. seeing as it often takes 2-3 runs of an area to complete a task you essentially HAVE to spend shardium to complete the tasks quickly enough to get the pets by the end of the event. Yes you can get the reset fish things for 5 tokens but you need those tokens to get the pets. basically the area reset cooldown needs to be smaller, without using area resets it would take 16hours to complete one round of quests.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 3:34 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Dansonage,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

The amount of quests you can complete per reset ramps up as you unlock each of the 4 unlockable event regions. With all 4 of them open they should provide enough drops to repeat the general collection quests more than twice inside 8 hours. The specific drop quests do take 2 runs to complete that is true.

We provided a number of pets in the event store so you have a choice of which you want to get, but it is not expected that the average player be able to buy all of them without some exceptional dedication.

Have you unlocked all 4 additional event regions and are still finding it hard to complete the general turn in quests (the items found in every zone?)

-David

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 4:41 PM
Last Edited June 21st 2015 at 5:43 PM
dansonage
I have all areas unlocked, and I haven't had issues completing the quests because i've been using some shardium to catch up today as I missed the first 3 days of the event. I agree that the general collection quests are easily completable twice in 8 hours by using each area once. my issue has been with the specific drop quests. for these you have to reset to complete it in the 4 hour time till it could be reset. and when you reset it the 8 hour timer restarts effectively meaning that I haven't used it at all. my suggestion would be to make the timer give you a free reset of each area every 8 hours regardless of paid resets, because at the moment it just feels redundant.

Also could a note be added to the pets in the shop to say what stat they improve? because players will favor a specific stat and as you say it is unlikely that players will get them all so it would suck if you get one with a stat you don't want.

EDIT: some of the specific collections (skelly skulls and goblin fragments) can take far more resets to complete, sometimes 6-7 resets.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2015 at 9:34 PM
Staril
I would like to add that I don't have any problem with the gameplay in the normal game but just in the event. I can enjoy normal play and quests but the event seems impossible to get anywhere with as those wolves are now killing me every time. For some reason they were OK, hard but OK, at the start of the event but seem much harder now.

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 12:57 AM
dansonage
Ah ok, have you been leveling up, and as such is your gear lvl keeping up with your lvl? There have been a lot of less than max lvl players who have been finding the event tough too.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 1:14 AM
Staril
My gear isn't enchanted to my lvl ... it is about lvl 18 but I do plan to try to correct that today even if I need to buy timber and gold ... just haven't enough of either to keep it up otherwise.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 1:32 AM
Staril
OK ... that helps but I spent over 2k shardium to bring the blacksmith to 1 lvl below mine and i didn't have enough money to enchant even 2 items to full. I only had that shardium as I had put real money into the game, else no hope.

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 7:35 AM
Staril
A strange thing ... I can now single hit lvl 25s in the normal game but take maybe 4 hits to kill them in the event ... really something isn't right

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 8:04 PM
Hi Staril,

The event enemies do level up as you level up. They are a special case that is always at your level, that is how we balance it across multiple levels. But obviously not perfectly. Obviously we want the event to be enjoyable and completable for everyone so I will take a look at your equipment and see if there isn't anything I can do to make it a little more do-able for you.

-David

15 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 9:34 PM
Staril
I can understand that the event enemies are linked to my lvl but they seen to be much harder to fight than the ones of the same lvl in the normal game.

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 10:40 PM
Hi Staril,

The enemies are a balanced little harder than the ones in the forest and desert. That is true. They are also all your level and your level +1 which also makes them a little harder than the mission enemies which you can get a level up on. But they are still beatable with the use of your skills.