Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Minor Class Balance Adjustement - Freeze & Overpower

40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2015 at 5:52 PM
Last Edited June 6th 2015 at 6:12 PM
dansonage
new skills sounds great! make sure all classes get something though, so as you say warriors get dmg reduc, wiz get dmg multipliers and us rangers need a debuff skill. something that would be useful in boss fights to weaken the enemy :) (like freeze and OP)

Edit:
A few more indepth ideas
warrior: A taunt, gives them really high armour and MR and counterattack but makes the enemies target them.
Wizard: Summon a totem as a companion that as long as its alive gives their attacks a boost in damage.
Rangers: Something like a crippling arrow which gives the enemy a miss chance. Or does a mix of op and freeze (slows and dmg reduc at lower values).

9 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 20th 2015 at 7:24 AM
SanaTex
Considering the nerf on speed skill, wizards really need some compensation in damage.
Doing T3, with people that has much less power than you, and still doing half they'r damage is a let down. Even doing 15 int, still no way near anyone else in damage.

We need more damage to compete against rangers/warriors in the quest ranks and so on. Top 3 usually warriors, and then some rangers.

25 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 3:26 AM
Chrismaz
David wrote :"We are certainly concerned with players quitting. But we are more concerned with having an experience fair and fun for ALL players. It is a hard choice when we make fixes that we know are benefiting some players, fixes they will be upset about, fixes they MAY potentially quit over, but fixes we feel are overall are good for the game. Fixes that after the dust settles make it a more fair game, a better game."

Chris answers : I don't play as much as i did so i usually don't give a crap.. Ended up as a casual player. Though i did notice what u wrote there David and i would like to say that the less player you get the less important will the game be, so overall, no players - no game.
As yourself might have heard, players are always right. You gotta fix the game as the players want! In the other hand, there will ALWAYS be someone whining more and never being satisfied about the game. Ignore those.
As for the solution about new skills - Giving wizards a "rage/aim" skill together with their phase shift will make stuff even worse. Skip the extra skill and just raise their flame laser damage with 30% and wizards will be able to top damage in rankings and all this whining will be gone!
This is all the wizards are talking about at the moment, more dmg more dmg more dmg.
Just do them all a favour and buff flame laser and be done with it.

As for the "extra def" skill for warrors - who would even use that? max def is 66.59% and who doesn't have that already? Even if u do not have 66.59% then 50% and up is good enough to survive. What i do not like is the mdef.. Warriors got no chance in the world to beat wraiths in lvl 48 HoT atm. Maybe if u got all the buffs in the game..

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 22nd 2015 at 7:26 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Chrismaz,

Still thinking over what to do with the skills. We do have skills that make you take less damage (independently of your armor value) or even become invulnerable for a round, the idea was the skill would be more like that. But we are still thinking over what changes or additions if any need to be made to the skills.

-David