Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Summer Sports Event
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2015 at 4:27 PM
Last Edited May 29th 2015 at 5:25 PM
Erika/Alyniana

The Summer Sports event is back in the Commons! Go Team Go!

Check out the blog for all the details!

-----
Post comments and questions here!
Lvl 400 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 10:03 AM
Last Edited May 30th 2015 at 11:44 AM
Andrew Comerford
We're crying out for an update, and we get a sports event from people who call it, 'Soccer.' It starts the week after the season ends to boot.

Edited by Erika for language.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 11:52 AM
Last Edited May 30th 2015 at 11:53 AM
Erika/Alyniana
Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear that the event is causing you stress.

New content is on the schedule. We usually aim for 3 big content updates a year. As well, not everyone has hit the Flux yet.

In Canada, football is generally called soccer and being that we are a Canadian company, that's what we go with. And this is about peewee sports, not professionals. Kids are just getting out of school and starting to sign up for summer activities. Aside from soccer, you also find American football, street/field hockey and baseball supplies.

As well, the event is not useless. Players benefit from the energy from turn-ins, gold or experience from the quest lines, large energy packs from achievements and the permanent boost of earning any of the 3 ribbons.

If it is too much for you, you can always choose to opt out by not visiting the event area.

Hope that helps,

Erika
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 12:17 PM
Raymond
he may choose to not participate. but he can't choose to not have some 1 in 10 whacks or whatever not give him gold or gems or fruit... but give the sports supplies instead.

I am a little dismayed at the "We usually aim for 3 big content updates a year". I had thought from past history it was more like 4. no biggie either way for me, I love the flux now.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 1:50 PM
Last Edited May 31st 2015 at 2:56 AM
Andrew Comerford
Exactly, Raymond ! We can't ignore the constant nagging or the useless junk thrown up. I HATE these events, which serve no purpose other than to entice players to spend money to complete irrelevant objectives.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 2:10 PM
Raymond
I disagree there completely. I have played every event other then the spring 2012 and part of the Fourth of July 2012 cause I caouldn't. I have large event ribbons for every event since. I have every achievemeny for all events since except part of the 2012 4'th of July. and I have never spent a single dime on the events. I on occasion have bought Pets when those were offered, sometimes during events, but only when the really discounted ones.
Like Erika says, to skip an event is only to hurt yourself. It takes nothing away from playig at all cause you can play where you need to be. You gain xp unless like you and I you are maxed out, but so what. BAnd you get from 5 to 10 large energy packs which alone is worth it. plus the event ribbon of course is great, my max energy is +700 or so above notmal max simoly for all my event ribbons.

I don't understand your dislike of events. I do understand on the other hand, newbies or near newbies and their possible dislike of events cause they seem so daunting.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2015 at 3:28 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Raymond - Automatic event drops are always ADDED to your drops, they don't replace other items.

Andrew - While we appreciate your feedback, please try to keep it constructive.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 2:55 AM
Andrew Comerford
If you want constructive, then I'd rather have an update than an event - particularly as we've just come off the spring gardening event, and the St Patrick's Day (you're not even Irish by your own admission)before that.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 3:03 AM
Bluji
A weekly update is still a weekly update. I'd much rather have something every week, no matter what it is if the alternative was that we'd mindlessly wait on a new area expansion with nothing new to do inbetween.
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 6:22 AM
Pile2209
I just found the pile of sports equipment :D *feeling all happy*. (Yeah i know it´s not only for me) Thanks for that :D
87 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 7:40 AM
jeankahn
Where is the pile of sports equipment?
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 7:44 AM
Pile2209
you can buy it for summer sports tokens, ask the npc on the event area where there is a money sign... may not appeal as much to you as it appeals to me
Lvl 305 "Summer Saver"
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 1:23 PM
Eric Kuritzky
Why do I need to find 20 tubes of red paint for a quest titled "Red Not Required"?
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 3:47 PM
Finieous
--- quote ---
particularly as we've just come off the spring gardening event, and the St Patrick's Day [...] before that.
--- end quote ---

It's hard to understand how somebody can get to level 280 without realizing that monthly events are... monthly. Since we get thirteen per year, they're actually closer to every four week, although the timing shifts around as necessary. To complain about the existence of these periodic events is just odd.

If you're concerned about the effort/attention going into the events rather than a different content update, maybe you should complain about the enhancement to each event over the prior year's version. Not that I'd complain... I love the fact that they grow a little each year.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2015 at 8:10 PM
Raymond
i would say that events like these 13 that have happened 3 or 4 times yearly take alnost no programming time away from working on the next zone, or building, or nate, or kaine, or any of the numerous thngs that happen pretty much every week.
21 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2015 at 6:55 AM
Twg King
3 major content updates a year is weak,
4 will be ideal,
5 will be great,
6 will be a lot of work, and
7 will be perfect.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2015 at 1:20 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
3 magor contents is pretty norm i know wow will usualy do 2-3 magor content patches a year and they have a vastly bigger staff and budget. Everyone forgets that BW2 isnt CNE only focus they have 3 games on teh go not to mention the maintence on the other game not in development but still need atention.
21 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2015 at 1:45 PM
Twg King
3 major content updates a year is not the norm. In 2012 and 2013 there was 5 major content updates, in 2014 there was 4. So far the norm is between 4 and 5 major content a year.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2015 at 2:10 PM
Raymond
there is no such thing as a 'norm'. there is past history which in in no way any indication on future history. Especially when during part of that the game was completely new and as such everyone playing it completed all parts of it pretty quickly.
21 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 1st 2015 at 6:15 PM
Twg King
What are you talking about Raymond? BW2 is about 3 years old, and the average major content updates is between 4 and 5. If CNE are aim for 3 major content updates a year, that is about a 4 month between each new contents. You stated in a previous post that "Even with this current flux ability I fervently hope that the next zone actually will come out in 2 months like it's been for a long time and hopefully not the 3 months of the time before last and definitely not the 4 months we were just subjected to." If there is no new update within the next 14 days, it will be 4 months since the last update.